F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > High Beam Assistant not activating (no A light on the dash either)
GetBMWParts

07-19-2023, 02:33 AM   #1
ricoded
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Cabrio

High Beam Assistant not activating (no A light on the dash either)

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

Sorry if this has been answered, I can't seem to find a similar thread, most are either user error or non-existing hardware.

As the title says, I just discovered that my high beam assistant isn't activating anymore, I got adaptive LED headlights with high beam assistant and whatever else is needed because it was working some months ago, yes, not driving much at night where I'd need high beams. However, since the last time I remember it working, the HU got replaced because of the failed HDD in warranty and the windshield developed a crack and it too got replaced. I don't remember driving with high beams since any of those happened. Fast forward a few months, pitch black night driving and the high beam assist isn't activating - light switch to AUTO, press the lower button on the left stalk, no A light on the dash, no high beams except if I push the stalk, tried the button on the stalk again and still no A light on the dash, no errors anywhere to be found.

The only thing I did find in the NCD file on my computer which was saved after the HU replacement - HU_NBT_EVO has HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT Ausgelesen = nicht_aktiv.

FEM_01 and FEM_02 appear to contain settings for it to work, I didn't really look into all of the settings but it appears it should work.

The car is a 2020 F33 LCI and the lights work flawlessly except that little bit, they swivel with steering, the cornering lights come on as they should... Could the "nicht_aktiv" setting for the HU be the reason it won't activate?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 03:10 PM   #2
ricoded
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Cabrio

UPDATE

Setting HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT to "aktiv" didn't help.

Does anyone have any idea why my high beam assistant wouldn't start?
Appreciate 0