F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
Studio RSR

12-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #573
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Yessir

AGG stands for aggressive, as in, aggressive pops/burbles/backfires/gunshots. I run stage 2 AGG and get some pretty wild backfires when I make a low gear downshift or let off in the upper rpms. Highly recommend it
Sounds awesome! I ordered the Active muffler today to fix my exhaust issue so when it comes in next week I'll reflash to the AGG tune I almost bought an intercooler today too but decided to hold off because I really shouldnt spend the money right now. need to chill on the Carcaine addiction lol. I want to go stage 2 so bad though, the intercooler is my only missing element.
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #574
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
Sounds awesome! I ordered the Active muffler today to fix my exhaust issue so when it comes in next week I'll reflash to the AGG tune I almost bought an intercooler today too but decided to hold off because I really shouldnt spend the money right now. need to chill on the Carcaine addiction lol. I want to go stage 2 so bad though, the intercooler is my only missing element.
Carcaine Never heard that one before lol. Congrats on picking up the muffler too. Catless + plus a good muffler sounds great.

And yah, if you're catless definitely go with AGG if you like that kinda thing. Only thing is that they only make AGG maps for stage 2 so if you want an AGG map you have to go to stage 2. Otherwise if you want aggressive burbles you can just crank up the configurable burbles with a stage 1 map. Probably close to just as good as an AGG map to be honest.
      12-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #575
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Carcaine Never heard that one before lol. Congrats on picking up the muffler too. Catless + plus a good muffler sounds great.

And yah, if you're catless definitely go with AGG if you like that kinda thing. Only thing is that they only make AGG maps for stage 2 so if you want an AGG map you have to go to stage 2. Otherwise if you want aggressive burbles you can just crank up the configurable burbles with a stage 1 map. Probably close to just as good as an AGG map to be honest.
Lol, I stole that one from Ken Block lol. thought it was funny but so true! Carcaine is a great way to describe most of us who love modifying cars. But I'll get there, once We recover more from the storm down here I'll be able to buy the intercooler. Stage 1 just irks me cause it says all stock hardware and I practically have all the bolt ons already and cant go stage 2, In spring I'll get the intercooler for sure.
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 3
Noelified228.00
rjd_F301999.50
      12-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #576
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Getting there....

rjdnyy224
Noelified

Hey guys I was finally able to get my exhaust on last night and run a log, I was still having issues after the new exhaust install and went out for a test drive and lost throttle response and my check engine light came on, I read the codes and got this (image below) it kinda freaked me out so since I had an exhaust failure right after I Flashed the tune I figured there was a slight possible it compromised the tune so I flashed back to stock and then reflashed back to stage 1 93, I then went out for another test drive and had no issues so I started a log. here is the log,( http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5c132734d10b431baa9c05ea ) I was wondering if someone could review it until I learn more about reading them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #577
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Quote:
rjdnyy224
Noelified

Hey guys I was finally able to get my exhaust on last night and run a log, I was still having issues after the new exhaust install and went out for a test drive and lost throttle response and my check engine light came on, I read the codes and got this (image below) it kinda freaked me out so since I had an exhaust failure right after I Flashed the tune I figured there was a slight possible it compromised the tune so I flashed back to stock and then reflashed back to stage 1 93, I then went out for another test drive and had no issues so I started a log. here is the log,( http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5c132734d10b431baa9c05ea ) I was wondering if someone could review it until I learn more about reading them.
Ok, I've gotten the antenna line break code before and wonder what that is but never investigated...lol, doubt it's important.

As far as your log, rjdnyy224 will help more than me as I haven't logged nearly as much. But this log looks like normal driving. You want make sure all traction control is completely off, get up to 2500 RPM in 3rd gear and start logging, keep it at WOT all the way through the rev range and higher gears, then stop logging. It's under these conditions you want to analyze the data point. That being said, your timing looks good, there were only two knock detection but they aren't anything to worry about. Your boost was close enough to target and AFR looked good hovering around 14.7.

Like I said rjdnyy224 might have better advice for easy data collection and help better with readings, but this is what I see with a quick glance.

EDIT: PS am I missing a setting, how did you log 16 decimal places. Not that I want to go there, I like 2 decimal places. I actually wish I could set 1 or no decimal places for the dashboard while driving.
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║

Last edited by Noelified; 12-14-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
      12-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #578
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
rjdnyy224
Noelified

I've gotten that same exact injection shutdown super knocking code before, it scared me as well when I saw it pop up lol. It's generally not something you want to see, but I got it once, cleared it and never saw it again. I'd say if you had the same experience, that you get it once clear it and it's gone, don't worry about it, but if you get it more than once it's something that will require attention. I'd guess that charge pressure code was thrown because of the superknocking code, so If you can clear all those engine codes and never see them again, you're good.

About the log, like Noelified said, you want to keep them short and sweet for these purposes. Cruising logs are OK when you're having an issue while cruising, but for assessing the health of the tune/engine after a flash you want WOT. Get into your gear, 2nd or 3rd, start logging, floor it and keep it matted through at least one gear change, and stop logging 3 or so seconds after you let off so we can see a bit of the wind down. 20-100mph WOT is a good baseline. Here is one of my logs, (this one had some lag in the beginning but they should look something like this) http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5bb7d4b6d10b4365a7303ec5 to give you an idea of what they should look like.
      12-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #579
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I've gotten that same exact injection shutdown super knocking code before, it scared me as well when I saw it pop up lol. It's generally not something you want to see, but I got it once, cleared it and never saw it again. I'd say if you had the same experience, that you get it once clear it and it's gone, don't worry about it, but if you get it more than once it's something that will require attention. I'd guess that charge pressure code was thrown because of the superknocking code, so If you can clear all those engine codes and never see them again, you're good.

About the log, like Noelified said, you want to keep them short and sweet for these purposes. Cruising logs are OK when you're having an issue while cruising, but for assessing the health of the tune/engine after a flash you want WOT. Get into your gear, 2nd or 3rd, start logging, floor it and keep it matted through at least one gear change, and stop logging 3 or so seconds after you let off so we can see a bit of the wind down. 20-100mph WOT is a good baseline. Here is one of my logs, (this one had some lag in the beginning but they should look something like this) http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5bb7d4b6d10b4365a7303ec5 to give you an idea of what they should look like.
Noelified

ok I'll do that, I just logged the whole trip home last from my buddies lol, I'll go out and do a couple short logs tonight when I get off work if the weather clears up some more, been raining all day so far. You guys are the shit btw. I'd still be in the dark if it wasnt for you guys help. I have a lot experience with motors and tunes but for motorcycles, My sportster is stage 4, ported heads, huge cams, the works. Much simpler! I'm sure I can pick all this up pretty quick once I stop letting it intimidate me, this is my first turbo car and I'm always worried about damage since I'm still learning about turbo cars and still learning about my car in general.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #580
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Quote:
Noelified

ok I'll do that, I just logged the whole trip home last from my buddies lol, I'll go out and do a couple short logs tonight when I get off work if the weather clears up some more, been raining all day so far. You guys are the shit btw. I'd still be in the dark if it wasnt for you guys help. I have a lot experience with motors and tunes but for motorcycles, My sportster is stage 4, ported heads, huge cams, the works. Much simpler! I'm sure I can pick all this up pretty quick once I stop letting it intimidate me, this is my first turbo car and I'm always worried about damage since I'm still learning about turbo cars and still learning about my car in general.
Ha ha no problem, glad to help. Just trying to help others reach the same destination quicker and with less pain...lol. That's what this forum is meant for. But it'a also fun experimenting and learning from experience, that's the best way to learn things I believe.
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 2
      12-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #581
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Noelified

Haha no problem man. It all comes full circle, I couldn't tell you how much I learned from guys on here, and I'm happy to give it back whenever I can. Being a bike guy and mechanically inclined I'm sure you won't need us anymore in a couple weeks anyway

And sounds good on the log. Get some recorded whenever you can and post 'em up.
      12-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #582
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Haha no problem man. It all comes full circle, I couldn't tell you how much I learned from guys on here, and I'm happy to give it back whenever I can. Being a bike guy and mechanically inclined I'm sure you won't need us anymore in a couple weeks anyway

And sounds good on the log. Get some recorded whenever you can and post 'em up.
Yeah this Forum has been great, I should have created an account sooner instead of just trolling for awhile like most of do and If that's true then I'll definitely be paying it forward myself! I'll post up the shorter logs when I get the chance
Appreciate 2
rjd_F301999.50
Noelified228.00
      01-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #583
meltbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi GT (F34/N20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZeeMan View Post
Let me know what you find. I feel the vibrations as you've mentioned in your earlier threads as well. That was one of my initial impressions right after my flash. Its hard to describe but its there.
Reporting back after forever. So I contacted PTF and they made me a tune, although they sort of didn't tell me what exactly they changed, which pretty much eliminates the rumble in the low rpm. I think they may have just dialed back torque at the lower end which I don't mind since it puts my mind at ease. I still went from 6.0 0-60 to 5.5 with the tune. Keep in mind this is a GT so I'm at 4k lbs lol. The car definitely feels a lot more brutal further up in the RPM.

I have also noticed odd trans shifting which I cannot pinpoint yet.

Most of it happens at low throttle input where it almost feels like the torque converter is just taking ages to lock after a shift. Its really bad on very cold days right after startup.

On the flipside when its warm it almost seems too rough at times. Although when warm is more intangible. Its kind of like the idle thing. I cannot tell you exactly what it is but something is a tiny bit off.

I'm wondering if any of this is due to changes in reported torque from the DME. I don't know how that is all handled.

I may have to flash back to stock to check on the idle shaking. I swear its excessive but PTF says it looks normal. I'm going to shoot them one last cold start and warm idle log to see if they can find anything. I believe them though, these things probably don't show up in logs.

Overall though this tune is fantastic. Just drive it lightly until its warm and all is good. I have never felt anything strange while under WOT or higher load. Everything is at idle or low load haha. I'm probably just going crazy
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:11 PM   #584
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbox View Post
Reporting back after forever. So I contacted PTF and they made me a tune, although they sort of didn't tell me what exactly they changed, which pretty much eliminates the rumble in the low rpm. I think they may have just dialed back torque at the lower end which I don't mind since it puts my mind at ease. I still went from 6.0 0-60 to 5.5 with the tune. Keep in mind this is a GT so I'm at 4k lbs lol. The car definitely feels a lot more brutal further up in the RPM.

I have also noticed odd trans shifting which I cannot pinpoint yet.

Most of it happens at low throttle input where it almost feels like the torque converter is just taking ages to lock after a shift. Its really bad on very cold days right after startup.

On the flipside when its warm it almost seems too rough at times. Although when warm is more intangible. Its kind of like the idle thing. I cannot tell you exactly what it is but something is a tiny bit off.

I'm wondering if any of this is due to changes in reported torque from the DME. I don't know how that is all handled.

I may have to flash back to stock to check on the idle shaking. I swear its excessive but PTF says it looks normal. I'm going to shoot them one last cold start and warm idle log to see if they can find anything. I believe them though, these things probably don't show up in logs.

Overall though this tune is fantastic. Just drive it lightly until its warm and all is good. I have never felt anything strange while under WOT or higher load. Everything is at idle or low load haha. I'm probably just going crazy
I think you might just be paranoid My car also feels a little bit rough at idle, but that's kind of the nature of 4 cylinders, they are naturally imbalanced, and I'm sure the tune doesn't help that. I can feel it, but it's not bad at all, nothing that would make me worry.
      01-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #585
meltbox
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I think you might just be paranoid My car also feels a little bit rough at idle, but that's kind of the nature of 4 cylinders, they are naturally imbalanced, and I'm sure the tune doesn't help that. I can feel it, but it's not bad at all, nothing that would make me worry.
Yea... I'm starting to think I'm just picking it up because I became so attentive to every little thing after flashing.

Well there's only one solution to this. Always be in launch control when stopped.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:25 AM   #586
meltbox
Private First Class
Rep

One last update. PTF fixed everything. I have pretty much concluded that idle is down to some other factors and is pretty much the same. Just me associating some other changes (fuel? air temp?) with the flash.

They also said they fixed my rumble with no power loss. Interesting. Gotta say the support is second to none.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:57 AM   #587
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltbox View Post
One last update. PTF fixed everything. I have pretty much concluded that idle is down to some other factors and is pretty much the same. Just me associating some other changes (fuel? air temp?) with the flash.

They also said they fixed my rumble with no power loss. Interesting. Gotta say the support is second to none.
Glad it sounds like you got it worked out
      01-14-2019, 08:39 AM   #588
Mizerka
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i MSport

Anyone know if you can disable cold start with bootmod3? or get it as a custom map?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #589
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizerka View Post
Anyone know if you can disable cold start with bootmod3? or get it as a custom map?
One free map comes with the license.

However I believe in order to alter coldstart you need to flash a map.

Not sure if you can just flash stock or it must be a stage to enable coldstart.

Sorry I cant help you more dood
      01-14-2019, 11:22 AM   #590
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, you can disable cold start on OTS maps.
      01-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #591
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
yes, you can save a copy of the stock map, then edit that one to disable cold start. then flash to car.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #592
Fronttwelv
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 328i xdrive msport

Anyone know if they could offer a 87 oct tune? Lower the boost, decrease the timing and fuel. This would be great for taking long trips.
      01-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #593
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

This may be a question already answered or maybe a dumb question haha. Currently, I'm running on 93 stage 2 AGG map v4.1 and saw v4.2 is out. Kind of wish PTF would have more detailed description on the updates (unless there is but I couldn't find any of the OTS maps).

Is the 4.2 worth jumping into from 4.1?

Thanks!

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #594
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronttwelv View Post
Anyone know if they could offer a 87 oct tune? Lower the boost, decrease the timing and fuel. This would be great for taking long trips.
some engines have an acn 91 tune for octane below 91.