F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anything “wrong” with this order?
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #23
Quakered
First Lieutenant
England
67
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: was BMW 328 Tourer F31
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Not only Surrey pensioners, but also customers of Coopers in Thames Ditton.

Do consider the HUD. For me it is the best toy in the car. I know the information is available elsewhere but the information in the HUD is projected into your line of sight and is focused on infinity so no need to move your head or alter focus. Much safer and much easier. You can also use it for the radio and telephone. Try and get a test drive of the HUD

I did not go for the speed limit as I find sticking to the speed limit becomes easier with age!

I also wanted the sun roof (moon roof?) but it was only available with the black roof lining and that would have clashed 'orribly with our magnolia interior…

Wheels aren't a huge problem to clean with a power wash and cheapo halford's brush.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #24
Quakered
First Lieutenant
England
67
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: was BMW 328 Tourer F31
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

One more thing, when we ordered our car, the movable rear head restraints were a £50 option….
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #25
j.s.
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
27
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: F36
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: None

iTrader: (1)

Another vote for the foldable rear headrests they are inexpensive and makes a real difference in rear view visibility
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
RalphyBMW
Captain
United Kingdom
150
Rep
912
Posts

Drives: F31 330d xDrive MSport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Based upon my own experience;

Given the way the key works, I would have liked the comfort access option.
Pan roof is lovely.
H/K is great.
The dancing lights are AMAZING.
Pro nav is pretty special.

DO NOT ORDER WITHOUT HEATED SEATS! Not an expensive option, but will have an impact on your RV.

You have to draw the line somewhere, but I would have liked the HUD, and adaptive suspension.
__________________
2016 F80 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 03:38 AM   #27
pedroF31
First Lieutenant
England
24
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: BMW F31 325d Luxury
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespers View Post
Another vote for the foldable rear headrests they are inexpensive and makes a real difference in rear view visibility
On the luxury, they are included in the interior comfort package that he has already selected.

Heated seats are a MUST.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #28
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
101
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: G30 530d xDrive SE
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Continuing thanks.

Some options are hard to judge without experience of them, eg HUD and adaptive suspension. I am agonising re HUD, not helped by the fact that our prescription sunglasses are polarised.

Others seem easy to judge, eg heated seats. I don't get the enthusiasm for these. My bum soon warms up!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #29
zofinger
Captain
zofinger's Avatar
England
181
Rep
893
Posts

Drives: F30 335d MSport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroF31 View Post
I have these luxury wheels and they are gorgeous ! Get the correct size / shape brushes and they take about 1 minute each to clean.
Whilst I have the right size brush i still seem to spend 1hr on the wheels due to the plentiful spokes. I even have to wash the wheels one day and the body the next or I'm shattered! An MSport is next for me and am looking forward to washing the wheels!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #30
d4springer
Major
d4springer's Avatar
United Kingdom
487
Rep
1,403
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notechy View Post
Continuing thanks.

Some options are hard to judge without experience of them, eg HUD and adaptive suspension. I am agonising re HUD, not helped by the fact that our prescription sunglasses are polarised.

Others seem easy to judge, eg heated seats. I don't get the enthusiasm for these. My bum soon warms up!
Unfortunately polarised sunglassses may be cause a problem with the HUD, however I've seen some posts where people report they can see the HUD fine with prescription glasses (and certain makes of sunglasses).

I have a pair of Serengeti's and I cannot see the HUD at all if I wear them, but apparently Oakleys are fine etc..

Basically you would need to conduct a test drive with a HUD fitted car and see whether it works or not.

I would recommend the HUD, easier on the eyes (especially for you "older" guys!)
__________________
Current - F80 M3 CP SS/SO | M Performance Extras
Prev - F30 330D M Sport | White | M Performance Kit | Various Extras
Prev - E92 330D M Sport | Black | Highline
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #31
F30AM
Major General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
624
Rep
5,021
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Too lazy to read the whole thread. Sorry. But if you want to lift the interior quality, order with leather covered dash and door caps. Really uplifts the quality no end.
__________________
Previous: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys
Present: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #32
teaston
Pirate
teaston's Avatar
No_Country
9525
Rep
31,459
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The High Seas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Unfortunately polarised sunglassses may be cause a problem with the HUD, however I've seen some posts where people report they can see the HUD fine with prescription glasses (and certain makes of sunglasses).

I have a pair of Serengeti's and I cannot see the HUD at all if I wear them, but apparently Oakleys are fine etc..

Basically you would need to conduct a test drive with a HUD fitted car and see whether it works or not.

I would recommend the HUD, easier on the eyes (especially for you "older" guys!)
Something i've noticed since having my F30 is i don't need to wear sunglasses even on the brightest days! Used to wear them a lot in my E90!

Is the glass tinted differently to the E90?
__________________
Current: X3 ///M40d in PB/Tartufo
Previous: F30 335d, F30 330d, E90 320d, E46 320d, E46 330ci
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #33
d4springer
Major
d4springer's Avatar
United Kingdom
487
Rep
1,403
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Something i've noticed since having my F30 is i don't need to wear sunglasses even on the brightest days! Used to wear them a lot in my E90!

Is the glass tinted differently to the E90?
Actually I noticed this, hardly wear them in the F30 due to the HUD but noticed I didn't seem to need them anyway, thought it was just maybe darker in my car?
__________________
Current - F80 M3 CP SS/SO | M Performance Extras
Prev - F30 330D M Sport | White | M Performance Kit | Various Extras
Prev - E92 330D M Sport | Black | Highline
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #34
teaston
Pirate
teaston's Avatar
No_Country
9525
Rep
31,459
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The High Seas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Actually I noticed this, hardly wear them in the F30 due to the HUD but noticed I didn't seem to need them anyway, thought it was just maybe darker in my car?
Hmmm, wonder if anyone else has noticed this!?
__________________
Current: X3 ///M40d in PB/Tartufo
Previous: F30 335d, F30 330d, E90 320d, E46 320d, E46 330ci
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #35
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Tengocity's Avatar
Scotland
5006
Rep
17,290
Posts

Drives: M4 CP/330e/Boxster S
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oxfordshire and Scotland sometimes

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Actually I noticed this, hardly wear them in the F30 due to the HUD but noticed I didn't seem to need them anyway, thought it was just maybe darker in my car?
Hmmm, wonder if anyone else has noticed this!?
Nope, but then I usually have to pano roof blind open.
__________________
Current: 2018 M4 Competition, 2019 G20 330e MSport
Gone...F30 330e,Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #36
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
101
Rep
444
Posts

Drives: G30 530d xDrive SE
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

When I examined HUD at dealers, HUD seemed to be adequately visible while wearing prescription Polaroids when HUD brightness turned up. So was added to order..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 04:40 AM   #37
SkyJawa
Major General
SkyJawa's Avatar
England
2308
Rep
7,062
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (1)

Fine here with Oakleys
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #38
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
12
Rep
371
Posts

Drives: 335d xdrive on order
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Herts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Fine here with Oakleys
I have just got some maui jim sunglasses I hope they will be Ok. ..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 05:08 AM   #39
d4springer
Major
d4springer's Avatar
United Kingdom
487
Rep
1,403
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notechy View Post
When I examined HUD at dealers, HUD seemed to be adequately visible while wearing prescription Polaroids when HUD brightness turned up. So was added to order..
Excellent! Glad we can help you spend your readies! What you need now is a carbon spoiler...
__________________
Current - F80 M3 CP SS/SO | M Performance Extras
Prev - F30 330D M Sport | White | M Performance Kit | Various Extras
Prev - E92 330D M Sport | Black | Highline
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #40
zofinger
Captain
zofinger's Avatar
England
181
Rep
893
Posts

Drives: F30 335d MSport
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Like the op, I thought I'd give the experts (yes - that's you) a spec for an order I'm about to place this weekend for a 335xd. The dealer has offered decent advice, but there's no substitute for real world experience of toys purchased with hard earned cash!

335d xdrive
EB
Prof Media
Xenons
Reverse assist camera
Front seat heating
Split folding rear seats
Folding door mirrors
Sun protection Glass

Like everyone there's a budget, but I could stretch to another £500. So....

For an extra £215 (xenons already £710) I'm wondering whether to opt for the vis pack and have adaptive headlights / HB assist?

For an extra £170 (rear camera already £330) does surround view come with the rear camera or equivalent functionality to see behind when reversing? Or do I need both options (in which case £500 to see a top down view isn't a priority for me).

Active cruise with stop/go?

Adaptive suspension (though I don't tend to drive quick round corners - just in a straight line!).

Enhanced Bluetooth?

HUD (though well over my £500 'limit')

Have discounted comfort access as I'm really happy using my key to open the doors as well as lane change warning and driving assistant.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #41
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Tengocity's Avatar
Scotland
5006
Rep
17,290
Posts

Drives: M4 CP/330e/Boxster S
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oxfordshire and Scotland sometimes

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger
Like the op, I thought I'd give the experts (yes - that's you) a spec for an order I'm about to place this weekend for a 335xd. The dealer has offered decent advice, but there's no substitute for real world experience of toys purchased with hard earned cash!

335d xdrive
EB
Prof Media
Xenons
Reverse assist camera
Front seat heating
Split folding rear seats
Folding door mirrors
Sun protection Glass

Like everyone there's a budget, but I could stretch to another 500. So....

For an extra 215 (xenons already 710) I'm wondering whether to opt for the vis pack and have adaptive headlights / HB assist?

For an extra 170 (rear camera already 330) does surround view come with the rear camera or equivalent functionality to see behind when reversing? Or do I need both options (in which case 500 to see a top down view isn't a priority for me).

Active cruise with stop/go?

Adaptive suspension (though I don't tend to drive quick round corners - just in a straight line!).

Enhanced Bluetooth?

HUD (though well over my 500 'limit')

Have discounted comfort access as I'm really happy using my key to open the doors as well as lane change warning and driving assistant.
Sport plus pack will give you xenons, dark glass, bigger wheels and HK stereo for less than full cost of them individually... Makes sense when you've ordered a few of them already.
__________________
Current: 2018 M4 Competition, 2019 G20 330e MSport
Gone...F30 330e,Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #42
SkyJawa
Major General
SkyJawa's Avatar
England
2308
Rep
7,062
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (1)

Forget Enhanced BT. It doesn't offer much anymore.

Active cruise is excellent especially if you spend a lot of time on the mway.

Upgrading to the Vis Pack is essential in addition to Xenon IMHO, the adaptive headlights are all sorts of awesome.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #43
mcoops
Major
mcoops's Avatar
United Kingdom
810
Rep
1,003
Posts

Drives: F36 430d GC SDrive MSport
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Herts.

iTrader: (0)

I have the Luxury line, albeit a 3GT. Darker blues seem to be out of fashion, but for what it's worth I have Imperial Blue which I reckon suits the Luxury trim very well. Just add Saddle Brown interior for classy & understated perfection.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335xd, luxury, sun protection glass

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST