F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > F30 20s fitting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #1
clscrew
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: Alpine White BMW 328i 2013
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca

iTrader: (0)

F30 20s fitting

So I have a 328i 2013 xdrive and was looking at some 20s but Im not too sure how to calculate whether these would fit correctly or not.

The wheels are 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear
With the tires being 245/35/20 FRONT & 275/30/20 REAR
Would there be any rubbing with stock suspension? And would it work with the xdrive?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
T5viggen
Private First Class
131
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Will totally depend on the offset. I have 20” 405m’s on my car which were a dealer option. If you can get the offset people here will be able to let know if they’ll fit.
__________________
2015 F30 335i EBII MSport
M Perf Exhaust | M Perf Brakes | M Perf LSD | CTS CP | CTS Catless DP | FMIC | BootMod3 Stage 2 93oct | 20" 405m
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1093
Rep
2,187
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clscrew View Post
So I have a 328i 2013 xdrive and was looking at some 20s but Im not too sure how to calculate whether these would fit correctly or not. The wheels are 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear. With the tires being 245/35/20 FRONT & 275/30/20 REAR. Would there be any rubbing with stock suspension? And would it work with the xdrive?
oem is 26"ish. 245/35/20, 275/30/20 are 26.8" and 26.5", 1.1% difference. the limit difference is 1.2% but most try to stay below 1%. 235/35/20 would be a better front tire size as it's diameter is same as 275/30/20. i've seen members here with this setup on their x-drive with no issues. you may try them at your own risk.

next, if the front offset is too low the 26.8" tall front tire may rub the fenderwell liner during full lock turn. what is the front offset?

What are front and rear offsets?

Last edited by alohasurftoad; 06-02-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
clscrew
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: Alpine White BMW 328i 2013
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
oem is 26"ish. 245/35/20, 275/30/20 are 26.8" and 26.5", 1.1% difference. the limit difference is 1.2% but most try to stay below 1%. 235/35/20 would be a better front tire size as it's diameter is same as 275/30/20. i've seen members here with this setup on their x-drive with no issues. you may try them at your own risk.

next, if the front offset is too low the 26.8" tall front tire may rub the fenderwell liner during full lock turn. what is the front offset?

What are front and rear offsets?
Dont know too much about wheels and tires. How can I figure out the offset? I dont have the wheels on hand.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 05:18 PM   #5
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1093
Rep
2,187
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clscrew View Post
Dont know too much about wheels and tires. How can I figure out the offset? I dont have the wheels on hand.
what wheels a they? if they are oem bmw and we get the style number we can find the specs. if they are aftermarket we can sometimes make a reasonable guess, if we know the oem offsets of the car it's on and if there are different offsets offered for the same wheel width or widths, if staggered.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #6
clscrew
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: Alpine White BMW 328i 2013
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
what wheels a they? if they are oem bmw and we get the style number we can find the specs. if they are aftermarket we can sometimes make a reasonable guess, if we know the oem offsets of the car it's on and if there are different offsets offered for the same wheel width or widths, if staggered.
They are reps of the 437m wheels for the M3/M4. Btw thank you for the help, really helps me understand things when its broken down a bit.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #7
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1093
Rep
2,187
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

437m reps in 20"? If the reps are made for an f3/4 the rear shouldn't rub on stock suspension. The front offset could rub the fenderwell liner while turning if the offset is less than +32, or rub the spring perch or strut if greater than +38, with 26.8" tall tire.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
tires, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST