F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bluesparking tuning boxes - any good?
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
sharepointalex
Second Lieutenant
72
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: 335d xDrive M Sport Touring
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Bluesparking tuning boxes - any good?

As the title suggests - Iím considering one of these for my F31 335 - https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/...-ps-pro-boost#

Iím aware that a remap would be the better option and that these boxes just increase fuel/boost but I canít justify the cost for one at the moment.

I found an old thread where these were discussed and the overall opinion seemed pretty good.

For the cost they seem to offer some good gains over stock (Iím aware these numbers may be inflated).

Has anyone had one on theirs?
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
teaston
Pirate
teaston's Avatar
No_Country
9462
Rep
31,379
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The High Seas

iTrader: (1)

No they’re shit, I had one and it just fell apart, the clips disintegrated, the screw heads fell off, just generally poor quality!

Spend the extra on a DTUK box with app control.
__________________
Current: X3 ///M40d in PB/Tartufo
Previous: F30 335d, F30 330d, E90 320d, E46 320d, E46 330ci
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #3
Panchoa
Captain
United Kingdom
222
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Leicester

iTrader: (0)

I had one for about 9 months on the wifes f10 530d and they are ok....definetly feel a difference in performance. For the price They are ok imho
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #4
jedi-knight83
Private First Class
United Kingdom
10
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: Boxster S, F31 330d
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leigh-on-Sea, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
As the title suggests - Iím considering one of these for my F31 335 - https://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/...-ps-pro-boost#

Iím aware that a remap would be the better option and that these boxes just increase fuel/boost but I canít justify the cost for one at the moment.

I found an old thread where these were discussed and the overall opinion seemed pretty good.

For the cost they seem to offer some good gains over stock (Iím aware these numbers may be inflated).

Has anyone had one on theirs?
Give Simon from https://www.e-maps.co.uk a shout. He just did my F31 330d and it came to £300 inc vat, inc him travelling to my work to carry out the work.

They write their own maps. He is mega knowledgeable about all the common issues with each engine so checks it over before carrying out the remap.
__________________
Alpine White F31 330d M Sport . E-Maps 310bhp / 470 lbft . UP7BMW amp & Rainbow IL speakers and subs
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 05:39 PM   #5
sharepointalex
Second Lieutenant
72
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: 335d xDrive M Sport Touring
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
No theyíre shit, I had one and it just fell apart, the clips disintegrated, the screw heads fell off, just generally poor quality!

Spend the extra on a DTUK box with app control.
Thanks! I managed to get a good deal on a used DTUK 3 channel box on fleabay - itís not an app control one but for the price I paid Iím happy.

Planning on fitting it Sunday - canít wait!

I assume youíve got one or had one??
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
teaston
Pirate
teaston's Avatar
No_Country
9462
Rep
31,379
Posts

Drives: X3 M40d
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The High Seas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
No they’re shit, I had one and it just fell apart, the clips disintegrated, the screw heads fell off, just generally poor quality!

Spend the extra on a DTUK box with app control.
Thanks! I managed to get a good deal on a used DTUK 3 channel box on fleabay - it’s not an app control one but for the price I paid I’m happy.

Planning on fitting it Sunday - can’t wait!

I assume you’ve got one or had one??
Yes I have.
__________________
Current: X3 ///M40d in PB/Tartufo
Previous: F30 335d, F30 330d, E90 320d, E46 320d, E46 330ci
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST