F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Mueller investigation, what we know so far
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #221
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5224
Rep
4,386
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
Do you wear loafers?
No. You?

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #222
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10434
Rep
13,160
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
I like your avatar... THIS IS CETI ALPHA V !!!

Damn You! Now I'll be thinking about Ricardo M. In a "strongman" shirt uttering that phrase all day. That character is right there with Goldfinger and Darth Vader as all time best bad guys.
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
PA135ii234.50

      08-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #223
PA135ii
seeking salvation
235
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Damn You! Now I'll be thinking about Ricardo M. In a "strongman" shirt uttering that phrase all day. That character is right there with Goldfinger and Darth Vader as all time best bad guys.
I agree he was one of the best villians of all time. Whenever I see a poll on the best Star Trek films... Star Trek II the Wrath of Kahn is tops.
Possibly the best quote from the movie. lol...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #224
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6894
Rep
2,949
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Must suck to be Manafort right now...

Option 1 - Fight to the end, deny everything, risk spending the rest of life in jail.
Option 2 - Work with Mueller, hand over all manner of intel on dealings with the Russians, and spend the rest of life wondering when the Russian mob will come for you and your family.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE5911.00

      08-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #225
PA135ii
seeking salvation
235
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Must suck to be Manafort right now...

Option 1 - Fight to the end, deny everything, risk spending the rest of life in jail.
Option 2 - Work with Mueller, hand over all manner of intel on dealings with the Russians, and spend the rest of life wondering when the Russian mob will come for you and your family.
Option 3 - Kill self
Appreciate 2
      08-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #226
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
10434
Rep
13,160
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Must suck to be Manafort right now...

Option 1 - Fight to the end, deny everything, risk spending the rest of life in jail.
Option 2 - Work with Mueller, hand over all manner of intel on dealings with the Russians, and spend the rest of life wondering when the Russian mob will come for you and your family.
I would fear any mob (Russian or other) more in jail than out. Their thinking will be "How long will he be in there till he changes his mind?".
__________________
My best amp goes up to 11........
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #227
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1390
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Was a rhetorical question. Meant to get the synapses firing for a few of our members who find critical thinking a challenge.

I agree with you 100%. That was Manafort's dream job. it's no wonder he fell all over himself trying to land it.


Ii've noticed that too. It seems that visceral, and vitriolic reactions are commonplace in this forum. Sort of like the Cliff Notes version of critical thought in many posts.

Man, and you are spot on when you say it was a dream job. We'll see how it lands. Maybe the piper will be paid.
Appreciate 3
      08-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #228
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1390
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Bingo. I wonder what his Russian/Ukrainian buddies would pay for that type of access to the WH?

And, its not beyond the realm of possibility that such access has already been made. Only time and facts will tell...
Appreciate 3
TXSTYLE5911.00

      08-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #229
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1390
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
I read that the average sentence for the crimes Manafort is accused of is 1.3 years. Somehow I think this guy is going to get the short end of the stick because of his Trump connection. Although, the judge in this trial isn't taking any shit from the Muellar lawyers.
So far in this trial we are pretty much looking at standard tax evasion and fraud issues which are "white collar" type crimes.

I don't know where this trial will lead or what the prosecution or defense has in store down the road. It is rapidly unfolding however. When you see this happening in a court its usually an indication that one side is slipping while the other is consistently making base runs.

The judges job is to keep the trial moving, to be impartial and to rule on issues of law and procedure but what really matters the most is the 12 men and women sitting in the jury box and that is who the attorneys must play to.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #230
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

So this Colluder thread was started almost three months ago, and still no evidence whatsoever.

Still waiting for some evidence.

Waiting...
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 3
PA135ii234.50
anglo56672.50
Poiseuille4438.50

      08-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #231
PA135ii
seeking salvation
235
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

^^^^ What he said. ^^^^
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #232
PA135ii
seeking salvation
235
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So this Colluder thread was started almost three months ago, and still no evidence whatsoever.

Still waiting for some evidence.

Waiting...
Yeah but there is a lot of smoke..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #233
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So this Colluder thread was started almost three months ago, and still no evidence whatsoever.

Still waiting for some evidence.

Waiting...
Yeah but there is a lot of smoke..
...15 months of smoke now, and still nothing.

Wait it's not smoke - just gas...
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #234
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
5911
Rep
2,947
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Good things come to those who wait...
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/QAMZNzQ.jpg
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #235
PA135ii
seeking salvation
235
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Good things come to those who wait...
It already did. Hillary lost the election.
Appreciate 2
anglo56672.50
bbbbmw2387.00

      08-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #236
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
3003
Rep
4,496
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
I have no idea what any of this means.
Yea I agree the democratic narrative makes no sense.
Appreciate 1
PA135ii234.50

      08-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #237
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6894
Rep
2,949
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So this Colluder thread was started almost three months ago, and still no evidence whatsoever.

Still waiting for some evidence.

Waiting...
3 months? Sh*t, investigations into shoplifting or carjacking rings take longer than that.

Are you incapable of seeing this investigation slowly and methodically climbing closer and closer to Trump's inner circle? Not trying to be a di*k. It's an honest question. Do you not see the strategy here? Even Trump sees this.
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #238
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5224
Rep
4,386
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135ii View Post
It already did. Hillary lost the election.
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "good", but "less bad" certainly.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #239
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
5224
Rep
4,386
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Yea I agree the democratic narrative makes no sense.
Riiiiight.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #240
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So this Colluder thread was started almost three months ago, and still no evidence whatsoever.

Still waiting for some evidence.

Waiting...
3 months? Sh*t, investigations into shoplifting or carjacking rings take longer than that.

Are you incapable of seeing this investigation slowly and methodically climbing closer and closer to Trump's inner circle? Not trying to be a di*k. It's an honest question. Do you not see the strategy here? Even Trump sees this.
No - I don't see that whatsoever. It's taken down two guys that were minor players in Trump's campaign, got fired, and they are being pressed on charges completely unrelated to anything about Trump or his campaign.

It's a complete witch hunt, driven by the #resist crowd, which includes the mainstream media.

A good synopsis:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/why-it...e-in-the-hole/

"It is a national disgrace that, 19 months after the president took the oath, the public is kept in the dark about the most basic things, including whether the FBI had any credible allegations about collusion, or whether it relied exclusively on the Hillary Clinton-financed Russian Dossier to get a surveillance warrant against Trump associate Carter Page."
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 3
PA135ii234.50
arkie6359.00

      08-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #241
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
3003
Rep
4,496
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Riiiiight.
Glad we agree
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #242
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
6894
Rep
2,949
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
No - I don't see that whatsoever. It's taken down two guys that were minor players in Trump's campaign, got fired, and they are being pressed on charges completely unrelated to anything about Trump or his campaign.

It's a complete witch hunt, driven by the #resist crowd, which includes the mainstream media.

A good synopsis:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/07/why-it...e-in-the-hole/

"It is a national disgrace that, 19 months after the president took the oath, the public is kept in the dark about the most basic things, including whether the FBI had any credible allegations about collusion, or whether it relied exclusively on the Hillary Clinton-financed Russian Dossier to get a surveillance warrant against Trump associate Carter Page."
Fascinating. I've read countless posts from you and I know for a fact you are a very intelligent, well read, person who thinks for himself and doesn't simply regurgitate the latest talking point. It's really very interesting to me that you view this in an entirely different light. Downright fascinating.

As is often the case we will have to agree to disagree. I'm not changing your mind on this one and you're not changing mine. So we have no choice but to part ways. But really, thanks for answering openly and honestly. It's very much appreciated.
Appreciate 3
PA135ii234.50
bbbbmw2387.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST