F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Ringtone in the car when Bluetooth is attached
proTUNING Freaks

03-26-2020, 01:29 AM   #1
MintChalida93
Registered
Rep
Drives: Volkswagen Beetle

Ringtone in the car when Bluetooth is attached

My BMW 3 has never played the ringtone of my phone over the car speakers, but I heard the ringtone of my phone over the speakers after the last software update but only once.

Can anyone else hear the ringtone over speakers from their phone? Or just the beep that the car plays by default? I just got an iPhone. My custom ringtones (https://ringtonesdownloads.info/100-...kson-wang.html) help me figure out who's calling without looking at the phone. Any support or advice would be appreciated regarding this subject.

Last edited by MintChalida93; 04-12-2020 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:24 AM   #2
Billfitz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I get the phone ringtone through the speakers, always have. I only have the one tone, but I would think it would play whatever ringtone the phone is creating. Bluetooth is at its heart just a two way radio, it plays whatever is sent to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 12:40 AM   #3
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46/3 M56 & F31d

OP: you are correct, it plays a Bmw ringtone, not the phones ringtone.
I believe I saw in the coding where this could be changed. I’ve never felt the need to do so since I like the ringtone being different/Bmw when on BT.
Appreciate 0