F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > 'Pulling the trigger'
GetBMWParts

09-25-2016, 02:50 AM   #23
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by senticious View Post
I'm worse than an American. I'm a New Yorker. And its nice to know that pricks who drive BMWs don't just live here
Yep must have come as a suprise that you can find them in Boston, Dallas, Washington etc.

However there are likely twice as many in New York, well they did name it twice...

Appreciate 1
      09-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #24
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Maybe
Banging the miss
Will sound better?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #25
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Glad you raised this. Annoys the hell out of me to.

You signed an order form. No triggers were pulled or anything else.

Another Americanism that's come over here that annoys me is when it comes to television and we no longer seem to have series, it's a season.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #26
Drisser
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d/Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

How about

" just about to burn a load more notes on a fast depreciating piece of metal"
      09-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #27
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmutVisor View Post
'Pulling the trigger' et al from a Septic is acceptable. As obviously it demonstrates that the person has a need to elect an individual like Trump, a need to own a firearm or an impression that to be a cool, the person requires the ability to use 'militaryesque'* terminology to insinuate that the poster is up to speed on blokey stuff and au fait with guns and shit. Most yanks probably are. Thats another argument...

From anyone else, it just makes them look like a wannabe or a half-a-head. A bit like a Brit spelling 'mum' as 'mom' because they've been brought up on US TV programmes or films (not 'shows' or 'movies') and think its the norm. As we know, our US brethren tend to over emphasise or cliche pretty much everything. For them, thats fine and dandy because we dont expect any form of useful or proper grammar (and no, I'm not some form of grammar Nazi, just someone who wishes to protect a minor form of British uniqueness. No doubt in the same manner that the US wishes to do the same).

To read copy cats using that sort of lexicon to describe an irrelevant and disconnected subject just invites 'ignore - twat' from most who read on the UK forums. I'm most certainly not the most eloquent or even the deepest read on these forums but I do take mild offence when British types use utter twattery and dung-trumpetness when they insert Americanisms to describe subjects or topics that we Brits have perfectly good words of phrases to use in the first place.

If you wish to be American, get rid of your BMW and buy a tasteless car with shiny bits on it that handles like a pool table.

* 32 years in the British Army and have a Bren Gun nailed to my stairs so not exactly some sort of liberal pinko who squats to piss. Just dont feel the need to use weapon euphemisms to describe every day stuff like buying an 'automobile'....
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Glad you raised this. Annoys the hell out of me to.

You signed an order form. No triggers were pulled or anything else.

Another Americanism that's come over here that annoys me is when it comes to television and we no longer seem to have series, it's a season.
Agreed. It doesn't even work because a typical series in America lasts a lot longer than here, with around twenty episodes compared with six in the UK. A "season" suggests longer than six weeks.
Appreciate 0