F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Impeachment Thread
View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 50 29.24%
Trump Trump-umphant. 59 34.50%
Inclusive 13 7.60%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 52 30.41%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 8 4.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Today, 09:44 AM   #2839
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
The Dems are trying to build public support, through this show trial, for impeachment in the House. So far, it seems they are pleasing their base and may be some ďundecidedsĒ, but hardening the Trump supporters.

So assume they succeed at least sufficiently to impeach in the House. Iím curious what you all think about next steps.

If the perceptions remain as they were this morning, Iíd guess the Senate does not remove from office. However, if the case is stronger, the Senate might remove Trump. What is McConnell thinking (politically, and lets acknowledge that he is a brilliant Senate tactician)?

I can see the Dems appealing to their base and swing voters with ďwe impeached and took the high, righteous, moral ground to root out R evils...Ē and the Rís appealing to their base with ďwe fought the baseless misuse and abuse of the constitution by the Ds in their many misguided and illegal efforts to remove a duly elected president...Ē. So thereís your election narrative as of this morning.

What are the alternative scenarios? How might this play out?
McConnell saying they might take it up in the Senate doesnít mean heís going to. Itís politics and itís a bluff. He knows that many of the senator dem candidates donít want to get jammed up in a Senate trial when they should be on the stump.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:44 AM   #2840
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
LOL

Sondland literally just spelled out the quid pro quo. Tromp will have a very tough time wiggling out of that one.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
jmg7344.00
minn195801.50

Today, 09:48 AM   #2841
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
The Dems are trying to build public support, through this show trial, for impeachment in the House. So far, it seems they are pleasing their base and may be some "undecideds", but hardening the Trump supporters.

So assume they succeed at least sufficiently to impeach in the House. I'm curious what you all think about next steps.

If the perceptions remain as they were this morning, I'd guess the Senate does not remove from office. However, if the case is stronger, the Senate might remove Trump. What is McConnell thinking (politically, and lets acknowledge that he is a brilliant Senate tactician)?

I can see the Dems appealing to their base and swing voters with "we impeached and took the high, righteous, moral ground to root out R evils..." and the R's appealing to their base with "we fought the baseless misuse and abuse of the constitution by the Ds in their many misguided and illegal efforts to remove a duly elected president...". So there's your election narrative as of this morning.

The House exercised it's constitutionally granted ability to start impeachment inquiry. How was it illegal? What policies specific to an impeachment inquiry, not a criminal case, were violated?
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
minn195801.50

Today, 09:49 AM   #2842
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
LOL

Sondland literally just spelled out the quid pro quo. Tromp will have a very tough time wiggling out of that one.
Given enough bacon grease and fake tan he can slip his pasty butt out of anything.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:53 AM   #2843
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Given enough bacon grease and fake tan he can slip his pasty butt out of anything.
Just funny to hear his own guy spelling it out so clearly. No way to attempt to discredit this one.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:01 AM   #2844
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Maybe it didn't occur to you that Ukraine is not the only country that can "investigate"
Oh, it's occurred to me. In fact I've said multiple times in this very thread - some in direct response to you, I think - that the DoJ is the one who should be performing any investigation of "the Bidens".

Do we have any evidence, whatsoever, that the DoJ is doing so?
Appreciate 1
minn195801.50

Today, 10:03 AM   #2845
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
The House exercised it's constitutionally granted ability to start impeachment inquiry. How was it illegal? What policies specific to an impeachment inquiry, not a criminal case, were violated?
Iím not arguing that it is, or anything else the Dems have done is, just asserting that will be the R narrative going into the election.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:04 AM   #2846
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
McConnell saying they might take it up in the Senate doesn’t mean he’s going to. It’s politics and it’s a bluff. He knows that many of the senator dem candidates don’t want to get jammed up in a Senate trial when they should be on the stump.
I believe there are a lot of Dem Senators who are wanting to campaign in their primaries starting really soon. If the House impeaches this year, as currently expected, McConnell can tie them up in the Senate hearing for weeks (my understanding is 6 days a week). So it might be Schumer that tries to avoid a trial in the Senate or shorten it, no?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:04 AM   #2847
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Is Hannity your secret conservative source? Or Tucker? You've really bitten hard on this alt right narrative. And you are simply resonating alt right and Trump talking points now. Are you, N54yankee, and Anglo comparing notes?
You're killing me. I watch none of the above. I watched the actual testimony. You are biting hard on the media who has a record of 95 percent stories on Mr. Trump being negative and a history of actually lying, making up sources and creating sound bites to direct a narrative.

Don't forget...you've been carrying their water the entire time and they shift like sands in the Sahara but ultimately end up in the same place. Wrong again.

I'm, once again, laughing my ass off at the gullibility of so many people. The media puts something negative out about Mr. Trump and the salivating like Pavlov's dogs begins.

Russian Collusion. Wrong.
Obstruction of Justice. Wrong.
Quid Pro Quo now calling Bribery because the former was getting no traction and they focused group the later. Kinda like Global Warming to Climate Change. And just as WRONG.

Too funny.
You should turn the TV on and watch right now. It's over.

Today, 10:09 AM   #2848
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE

Can't wait to here from the Trumpers why Sondland is POS and shouldn't be listened to either.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 10:12 AM   #2849
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Anyone who can watch this clip and not at least see the nepotism quid pro quo is not being honest plain and simple.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48217...s-act-felonies
I've commented on that interview many, many times. Hunter taking that position was unarguably "bad optics" for Joe. Hunter was OBVIOUSLY cashing in on his last name at Burisma.

None of that is Joe committing crimes against the US, as you claimed. None. Of. It.

It's not really nepotism, BTW. Burisma isn't a "friend or relative" of Hunter...

Quote:
It benefits the US because we aren’t supposed to give our tax dollars to corrupt governments and Ukraine is high on the list in that department and Burisma is the poster child for corruption.
Nonsense. Burisma is the "poster child" in the US because of all the attention they got when they hired Hunter. There is no doubt there was/is tons of corruption in Ukraine. The fact that the President has singled out Burisma and "the Bidens" over and over again leaves no doubt as to his motivation and it wasn't general corruption in Ukraine - otherwise he would have asked for that. He asked for public announcements about investigations into CrowdStrike and Burisma/"the Bidens", instead.

Quote:
What Morrison did is irrelevant, I learned long ago two wrongs don’t make a right.
Correct. It makes Vindman's actions much less out of the ordinary, though.

Quote:
Sorry but not correct, Looks like Vindman did not go directly to the IG. He made a couple drops off along the way. NY Slimes, who we know is no friend of Trump, says that Vindman FIRST went to Schiff to obviously weaponize the intel. This news is not only to be found in the Slimes but many others as well. By going to Schiff first clearly demonstrates what the motive was. Vindman was called out before for leaking intel. Leopard doesn’t change his spots
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...thorities.html
You only addressed part of my statement: "Both men when directly to the NSC Counsel's office, not to their immediate supervisors."

That was not meant to imply that Vindman didn't talk to other people about it, it was illustrating they both committed the same breach of chain of command.

Quote:
Both men when directly to the NSC Counsel's office, not to their immediate supervisors.Time will tell where this all goes and I’m convinced you and others will not be so happy with the end result.
Cool.
Appreciate 1
minn195801.50

Today, 10:17 AM   #2850
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
What's the point of this assumption? Does that mean an investigation is an automatic verdict of guilty? By that logic Trump is guilty then.
There is no evidence to even suggest the DoJ is investigating.

Lack of confirmation they aren't is not evidence they are.

Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:19 AM   #2851
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Just funny to hear his own guy spelling it out so clearly. No way to attempt to discredit this one.
Now Schiff's project will be to convert his opinion into bribery.

Fancy.
      Today, 10:21 AM   #2852
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Shouldnt the Dems worry about people shitting in the streets of LA and San Francisco, California fires, out of control crime in places like Baltimore, Chicago?

I mean Trump will get re-elected, this is no different than the Mueller investigation!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:24 AM   #2853
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

He's chair of the house intelligence committee?

WaPo gives Schiff three Pinocchois on whistleblower anonymity claim.
      Today, 10:31 AM   #2854
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I believe there are a lot of Dem Senators who are wanting to campaign in their primaries starting really soon. If the House impeaches this year, as currently expected, McConnell can tie them up in the Senate hearing for weeks (my understanding is 6 days a week). So it might be Schumer that tries to avoid a trial in the Senate or shorten it, no?
Here are the Senators who could be tied up in an impeachment trial and therefore unable to campaign in the initial primaries/caucuses:
Bennett
Booker
Harris
Klobuchar
Sanders
Warren

Leaving probably these front runners:
Biden
Buttigieg
Gabbard
Steyer?
Yang?

Is the impeachment (partially) about throwing the Democratic nomination to Biden? Do Dems want a trial that takes out their senate candidates?

Iím sure the Ds would rather not run against Trump, and the Rs havenít really floated an alternative (they really canít yet, because they have to remain behind Trump for now, but they have cancelled a lot of primaries so an interesting selection process would be needed if Trump doesnít/canít run). So I can see the Ds pushing impeachment hard to try to remove from office, but the cost may be their own senator-candidates for president. Very interesting dynamic potentially shaping up.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:32 AM   #2855
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
The Dems are trying to build public support, through this show trial, for impeachment in the House. So far, it seems they are pleasing their base and may be some “undecideds”, but hardening the Trump supporters.

So assume they succeed at least sufficiently to impeach in the House. I’m curious what you all think about next steps.

If the perceptions remain as they were this morning, I’d guess the Senate does not remove from office. However, if the case is stronger, the Senate might remove Trump. What is McConnell thinking (politically, and lets acknowledge that he is a brilliant Senate tactician)?

I can see the Dems appealing to their base and swing voters with “we impeached and took the high, righteous, moral ground to root out R evils...” and the R’s appealing to their base with “we fought the baseless misuse and abuse of the constitution by the Ds in their many misguided and illegal efforts to remove a duly elected president...”. So there’s your election narrative as of this morning.

That about sums it all up. Trump wont be removed, Dems will cry foul play, and we will move on to the next thing they come up with that will "Get Trump."

The biggest issue that I have, and many that I know have, is this term has just been one fight after another and nothing really happens in terms of important legislature and policies. Both sides spend all their time trying to smear the other, and forget to actually do anything.

Just add it to the growing list of BS congressional investigations that take up a majority of their time but dont actually have any affect on the typical American.

Maybe there can be a giant sinkhole that sucks up everyone in the government and we can start new.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
2000cs1001.00