F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
GetBMWParts

08-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #2223
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob SD View Post
Hi

I modeled it up in Fusion 360 and 3D printed it, drilled a small hole in the cup holder and ran the cable under the center console.

Upsiden: Easy to Connect iPhone to CarPlay and charging, and the cover still fit if i don't use it.

Downside: Occupies the cup holder, but then again i rarely use it.
That's so cool! Really! I'd love to have one too!
Is it possible for you to share with us the project you made in Fusion 360?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #2224
Jacob SD
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
Hi

Right now it only fits an iPhone 6 (without cover), and it only have the lightning plug (you will need an original apple lightning cable) no aux, but it is quite easy to adjust for other iPhones.
I am currently working on a small change, so when this is done. I can mailet it to you, if you send me an PM with a email address, then you only need to print it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #2225
adrien78
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

Quote:
Hi

Right now it only fits an iPhone 6 (without cover), and it only have the lightning plug (you will need an original apple lightning cable) no aux, but it is quite easy to adjust for other iPhones.
I am currently working on a small change, so when this is done. I can mailet it to you, if you send me an PM with a email address, then you only need to print it.
You didn't used the original GPS antenna?
I bought the splitter from AVIN so I can use original one.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #2226
Jacob SD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien78 View Post
You didn't used the original GPS antenna?
I bought the splitter from AVIN so I can use original one.
Hi

Unfortunately i don't have original gps in my car, so that isn't an option for me:-(
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #2227
CleanKM
SQUEAKY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
Hi

I have been looking for something like this. Giving up a cupholder so that I can dock my iPhone x would be amazing.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 05:05 AM   #2228
Jacob SD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanKM View Post
I have been looking for something like this. Giving up a cupholder so that I can dock my iPhone x would be amazing.
Send me an PM then i can mail it when it is ready
Appreciate 1
CleanKM103.50
      08-09-2018, 07:43 AM   #2229
J_Tremain
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbitel View Post
I think I have solved my issues with Android Auto and poor audio quality. Will keep watching it for few days, but here is what I did in case that it helps someone else.

Problem I had:
- Audio in Android auto was much lower in quality than playing music on google play music directly on the unit, like an old low bitrate MP3, and the voice of google assistant will have artifacts and cracking.

What I did:
1) Updated my Carplay app and box firmware to the latest available, May-2018. and set the app to Fluency in settings.

2) but what really did the trick for me was deactivating Bluetooth streaming from my phone to the OEM Idrive unit. Initially, I had left my phone routing phone calls and media audio to the OEM Idrive Bluetooth, even though Android Auto already routes audio through the USB connection and audio was not coming from the bluethooth, it seems that Android Auto has conflicts with having the bluethooth media audio activated when connected to the idrive. I left the phone calls routed to idrive but deactivated the bluehtooth media audio on my phone and now the audio is coming clean from Android Auto, no cracking on google assistant and audio sounds cleaner.

3) Now i needed to improve audio response, So I used the equalizer on the Audio menu of the android side settings. I set mine to Bass: 5, Mid: -1, and Tre: 5, this will depends on your setup/speakers/preferences, etc. now the response is not FLAT.

4) to bring it up a notch, I installed "noozxoide eizo-rewire pro" from google play store, it doesn't require root. don't forget to change your default audio processor on Android, Settings>Audio>Music Effects otherwise it will continue to use the built-in android audio processor (this menu will only show up after installing a second audio processor like Noozxoide). Open Noozxoide and verify that it is running in the background (it shows up on the notification area), After this it should now start in the background by itself after each restart. There are a lot of digital presets and virtualizer that you can use, i was happy leaving all by default without the extra sound processors, the extra processors will reduce your volume to do its processing so i did not use them, up to you.

My Android Auto now sound much cleaner, and with Noozxoide the music sounds more alive.
How do you get to "Settings > Audio" area on Android? When I go into settings the only audio setting I see is for Sound, which just lets you change things such as ringtones.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #2230
adrien78
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tremain View Post
How do you get to "Settings > Audio" area on Android? When I go into settings the only audio setting I see is for Sound, which just lets you change things such as ringtones.
You installed the apk he mentioned?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #2231
mirak13
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikmuny View Post
How did he replace your old unit to a new second generation unit? Did you have to pay the difference amount and also the shipping or has the seller agreed in the first place to send you a 2nd gen. Unit or after much negotiation he agreed ? Because I am also in the same boat now. Trying to negotiate with seller. I am fed up of frequent no signal issues. It scares the hell out of me on many occasions where I don't know the address at all...
Local reseller in egypt
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 05:18 PM   #2232
moghm
Private
Rep
Drives: F20, 2012 120d

Hi Guys, a bit of help needed. I have the gen 1 and this morning the navigation would not launch with a message 'igo is not responding, wait or cancel.' In my haste and while driving I did a factory reset which was very fast. So situation now is that when I go to apps the igo app is not there. Also, the apps that I previously installed are not there either. Is there any way I can get back to how it was please ? Help is much appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #2233
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Are there any Bootmod3 people here? I downloaded their app onto my Avin, but I'm getting errors when I try to open it. I'd love to have the dashboard up on the Avin.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #2234
Cactus_BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by moghm View Post
Hi Guys, a bit of help needed. I have the gen 1 and this morning the navigation would not launch with a message 'igo is not responding, wait or cancel.' In my haste and while driving I did a factory reset which was very fast. So situation now is that when I go to apps the igo app is not there. Also, the apps that I previously installed are not there either. Is there any way I can get back to how it was please ? Help is much appreciated. Thanks
Should have been obvious, but doing a factory reset on any device wipes all settings and user installed apps - taking it back to the core default state from day one before it was used. You will need to manually reinstall all apps you previously installed and redo any setting changes you've made.

Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of the "igo" issue, hopefully someone else here can help with that part.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #2235
Natashaa
Registered
Rep
Drives: E82

Does someone got the last firmware update .img ?

I have the 20180523-XXXXX in my last unit bought but got the 20180315-XXXXX in another car.

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #2236
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Any idea when the 2gb Andriod 7.x option will be available for the 2-Series?

UPDATE: never mind. Avin says 4-6 weeks is their best guess.

Last edited by stlb5; 08-16-2018 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #2237
J_Tremain
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien78 View Post
You installed the apk he mentioned?
I didn't see an APK that he mentioned other than updating the AutoPlay app and box (which I did). Also installed multiple audio apps, Noozxoide Pro, Noozxoide E and Bass Boost and verified all 3 are running in the background... Still don't see an option in Settings for Audio Settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 05:31 AM   #2238
pearsonmike
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318D

Call bluetooth issue

Hi,

Apologies if its already been asked but I am having issues with the bluetooth on my avin unit. When connected to the car bluetooth it will always revert back to the OEM bluetooth call screen whenever i make or recieve a call. I then have to mess about putting it back which can be annoying when i have the satnav up. If i connect to the avin bluetooth the sound quality isn't there and i cant use the steering wheel controls. I have tried using the usb when in carplay however the sound still goes through the phone and not the speakers.

Any help would be fantastic, feel like ive tried everything but it could be an easy fix!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 02:33 PM   #2239
Boki_E87
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87 lci 2008

Idrive problem

Hi guys,

So i have a BMW E87 LCI 2008 with CCC navigation system. One week ago i bought from Avinusa.com their android device. Now i installed it and it worked perfectly except 1 thing.... when i go back to my old idrive system my idrive controller wont work properly... they told me to try every car type option there was but nothing worked... i placed a video on youtube on how it looks...

Meanwhile i got from them a MCU update file... wich made things even worse. Nothing works anymore. Even my radio doesnt respond to ejecting the disc. They seem to reply to my messages once a day or 2. I tought maybe you guys could help me fix these problems...

Thank you

Greets, Boris
      08-28-2018, 03:32 AM   #2240
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boki_E87 View Post
Hi guys,

So i have a BMW E87 LCI 2008 with CCC navigation system. One week ago i bought from Avinusa.com their android device. Now i installed it and it worked perfectly except 1 thing.... when i go back to my old idrive system my idrive controller wont work properly... they told me to try every car type option there was but nothing worked... i placed a video on youtube on how it looks...

Meanwhile i got from them a MCU update file... wich made things even worse. Nothing works anymore. Even my radio doesnt respond to ejecting the disc. They seem to reply to my messages once a day or 2. I tought maybe you guys could help me fix these problems...

Thank you

Greets, Boris
Care to share your latest MCU file?? <-- Is this for 7.1 version or 4.4 android version?
Also, have you tried both Idrive A and Idrive B setting. <-- Reboot before testing.

WHen you where changing car setup, did you reboot everytime before testing?

Last edited by kalinkamaen; 08-28-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 04:28 AM   #2241
killgame
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikmuny View Post
Can anyone share latest Firmware here pls.
Thanks in Advance.
Hello my avin e90 is same problem yours
Can i get a firmware file?
Plz send me email
killgame2000@gmail.com
Thks
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #2242
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

This is for android 7.1 version ONLY!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #2243
rutman286
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW X3 E83

Choose App on Startup??

So I have been reading through as much of this thread as I can... forgive me if I missed where someone talked about this already. I use my Avin 10.5" primarily with CarPlay. If it helps, I just barely purchased it. It's for a BMW X3 E83. Just to give some of my own experience so far, the first unit I got was totally messed up electrically. Plugging in the "aux" cable caused my factory radio to shut off, GPS didn't work, and it couldn't keep the time to save its life. I finally got ahold of Tommy and he helped me exchange it. I now have a second unit installed, and all is well.

Has anyone figured out a way to set the unit up so it WILL NOT automatically open the "music" app every time you start the car? It drives me nuts! I don't necessarily have to get "autoplay" to open on its own every time, but just having the unit boot to the home menu instead of the "music" app would be awesome. I don't have iDrive, so having it boot into that menu doesn't really help either...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #2244
gt2013
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutman286 View Post
So I have been reading through as much of this thread as I can... forgive me if I missed where someone talked about this already. I use my Avin 10.5" primarily with CarPlay. If it helps, I just barely purchased it. It's for a BMW X3 E83. Just to give some of my own experience so far, the first unit I got was totally messed up electrically. Plugging in the "aux" cable caused my factory radio to shut off, GPS didn't work, and it couldn't keep the time to save its life. I finally got ahold of Tommy and he helped me exchange it. I now have a second unit installed, and all is well.

Has anyone figured out a way to set the unit up so it WILL NOT automatically open the "music" app every time you start the car? It drives me nuts! I don't necessarily have to get "autoplay" to open on its own every time, but just having the unit boot to the home menu instead of the "music" app would be awesome. I don't have iDrive, so having it boot into that menu doesn't really help either...
You could always disable the Music App via the Android settings if you do not use it. (Android settings -> Apps -> find MusicPlayer and -> Disable). I've done it before and the launcher seems to work fine. CAUTION: The MusicPlayer calls and starts the EventCenter service that enables Canbus control aka Media buttons etc.
Appreciate 0