F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Diamond Car Mats
Extreme Powerhouse

08-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #23
HybridAWD
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive

Great fitment imo. There are two areas to address on the driver's side and I'll try and get a picture of that tomorrow because I didn't notice the issue until driving.

First issue is that the material bulges out slightly next to the acceleration pedal. I think this can be fixed with velcro.

Second issue is that on the driver side being that I'm only 5'6" my seat is kinda far forward and it's pushing the mat forward slightly which is causing it to buldge up right in front of the seat. I think this can be fixed by just readjusting the location of the mat.

For $115... You really can beat these imo. They feel great as mentioned above. Super nice on the feet. I have zero complaints so we'll see how they hold up through the winter. As mentioned, I may get some temporary winter mats to give over them just to protect but we'll see.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #24
HybridAWD
Private
Rep

So it's been a few weeks now and I can still say that I am 99% happy with the floor coverings however there are a couple of "issues" imo.

For starters, the driver side has two "areas of concerns" which really aren't that big of a deal however they are worth mentioning.

The first area is next to the accelerator. I've noticed that the mat buldges out slightly and if you rest your foot to the right of the accelerator it feels a bit awkward. It's hard to explain but Im sure you can understand what I am saying. The fix will most likely be to add some velcro to the backside to keep the car mat tight against the tunnel.

The second area that is more of an annoyance than anything is the portion that goes over the lower portion of the seat belt. After a few times of the seat belt being used, the car mat pops out from under the trim.

It would have been awesome if the manufacturer had an opening for the seat belt to pass through. That's the best fix imo and it might be one I address with a seamstress. If it costs $50 or so to do the work, it'll be worth it. (no idea why the picture is displaying upside down)

Last thing worth mentioning, these are super easy to clean and I am glad I went with the black thread. I'm not sure how easy or how long white thread (or any lighter color) would hold up, but I think black was a good choice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #25
C_Rock86
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340I xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridAWD View Post
So it's been a few weeks now and I can still say that I am 99% happy with the floor coverings however there are a couple of "issues" imo.

For starters, the driver side has two "areas of concerns" which really aren't that big of a deal however they are worth mentioning.

The first area is next to the accelerator. I've noticed that the mat buldges out slightly and if you rest your foot to the right of the accelerator it feels a bit awkward. It's hard to explain but Im sure you can understand what I am saying. The fix will most likely be to add some velcro to the backside to keep the car mat tight against the tunnel.

The second area that is more of an annoyance than anything is the portion that goes over the lower portion of the seat belt. After a few times of the seat belt being used, the car mat pops out from under the trim.

It would have been awesome if the manufacturer had an opening for the seat belt to pass through. That's the best fix imo and it might be one I address with a seamstress. If it costs $50 or so to do the work, it'll be worth it. (no idea why the picture is displaying upside down)

Last thing worth mentioning, these are super easy to clean and I am glad I went with the black thread. I'm not sure how easy or how long white thread (or any lighter color) would hold up, but I think black was a good choice.
How do you feel about them a yr later? Have they held up? I am considering picking up a set but that seatbelt thing does seem annoying. Did you ever work out a fix?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #26
HybridAWD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Rock86 View Post
How do you feel about them a yr later? Have they held up? I am considering picking up a set but that seatbelt thing does seem annoying. Did you ever work out a fix?
They are amazing. They have held up so damn well it's crazy the whole car was $100.

When they get really really nasty, I pressure wash them with my electric pressure washer, let them dry in the sun and throw them back in. Zero color fade, zero thread tears/pulls.

One issue I have is the same issue I had from the start, the seatbelt pulls the matt out behind the seats. Is it a big deal, not at all.

Ive also had a tab or two break off because of the kids but again, its not a big deal at all and if I really cared I could just use velcro and keep it locked down.

I still recommend these 10 fold. Whatever you do though, definitely order dark color. I can't image white thread or anything light in color. It would probably stain or get so dirty it might be hard to clean and look good.

Sadly, I hit a semi truck retread and destroyed the front end of my car and its being repaired or Id pull them just to show the condition. Also worth noting, I don't run floor mats. Just these so when I get the car back Ill post a picture just to show there is such minimal wear on the driver side.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 12:49 AM   #27
Steven_zoom
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Shoutout for Maxx Car Mats! They are much cheaper for these insane car mats and make my car Interior look so much better after installed with it
Appreciate 0