F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > SoCal Detailer - Allure Auto Spa Review
proTUNING Freaks

03-30-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
Donteflon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i, F30 340i, F80 M3

SoCal Detailer - Allure Auto Spa Review

Hello, all my fellow enthusiasts! This article is going to be a quick write-up on Allure Auto Spa located in Newport Beach, CA. So for those of you in this area and are looking for a detailer, then this write-up might be for you!

TLDR; Outstanding customer service and workmanship. Prices are reasonable for what's offered in regard to ceramic application and detailing. Jason and George are a dynamic duo that'll leave your car looking absolutely refreshed and sexy.

Car: 2016 340i

Customer Service: S++

After a 10-minute phone call with Jason, I was impressed by his approach of sidestepping gimmicky sales pitches as he opted to connect with me and get to know me on a more personal level through our shared love interest of cars. Straight away he was more interested in talking about my 340i than the various packages that he had to offer. Based on our talk, the depth of his knowledge in regard to detailing and overall car care, I decided to set up an appointment with him the next day for a full 1-step paint correction coupled with his signature package ceramic coating. I dropped my car off at 10 AM the next day after I got off work (night shift), and handed him the keys to my baby. He kept me updated throughout the day on the progress of my car and sent pictures/detailed the current step he was on simply for peace of mind and to keep me in the loop.

I got a message the next day that my car was ready (due to timings from the prior day I had to leave the car in the shop overnight). I went in and what I saw was almost sexual with the way my car was presented under the shop lights.

Workmanship: S++
No square inch was missed. Virtually all swirling and scratches were removed with a 1-step except for 2 panels (IIRC) which needed a 2-step. The attention to detail was also impeccable. I couldn't find a single lifted spot on the paint from him missing, and I went over the car with a fine-tooth comb. The paint was ultra-buttery smooth and the depth of clarity + gloss and shine was/is superb. Additionally, Jason refreshed the interior of my car and brought back that "out the factory" new look.

Lastly, the organization and cleanliness of the workplace is also a big plus in my book. All products used from car soap, abrasive compounds, polishes, pads, ceramic coating, powertools, etc., were all top-notch products. Clearly, no corners were cut here; from the high-grade materials used to the phenomenal workmanship that spoke for itself based mirror finish of my car, Allure Auto Spa is a detailer worth supporting here in SoCal.

Engaging, fun, friendly, and a unicorn in a time where customer service is severely lacking.

Thanks for the read! This is my first review.
Attached Images

Last edited by Donteflon; 03-30-2020 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 2
Rbrown2765.50
      03-30-2020, 01:24 AM   #2
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donteflon View Post
Hello, all my fellow enthusiasts! This article is going to be a quick write-up on Allure Auto Spa located in Newport Beach, CA. So for those of you in this area and are looking for a detailer, then this write-up might be for you!

TLDR; Outstanding customer service and workmanship. Prices are reasonable for what's offered in regard to ceramic application and detailing. Jason and George are a dynamic duo that'll leave your car looking absolutely refreshed and sexy.

Car: 2016 340i

Customer Service: S++

After a 10-minute phone call with Jason, I was impressed by his approach of sidestepping gimmicky sales pitches as he opted to connect with me and get to know me on a more personal level through our shared love interest of cars. Straight away he was more interested in talking about my 340i than the various packages that he had to offer. Based on our talk, the depth of his knowledge in regard to detailing and overall car care, I decided to set up an appointment with him the next day for a full 1-step paint correction coupled with his signature package ceramic coating. I dropped my car off at 10 AM the next day after I got off work (night shift), and handed him the keys to my baby. He kept me updated throughout the day on the progress of my car and sent pictures/detailed the current step he was on simply for peace of mind and to keep me in the loop.

I got a message the next day that my car was ready (due to timings from the prior day I had to leave the car in the shop overnight). I went in and what I saw was almost sexual with the way my car was presented under the shop lights.

Workmanship: S++
No square inch was missed. Virtually all swirling and scratches were removed with a 1-step except for 2 panels (IIRC) which needed a 2-step. The attention to detail was also impeccable. I couldn't find a single lifted spot on the paint from him missing, and I went over the car with a fine-tooth comb. The paint was ultra-buttery smooth and the depth of clarity + gloss and shine was/is superb. Additionally, Jason refreshed the interior of my car and brought back that "out the factory" new look.

Lastly, the organization and cleanliness of the workplace is also a big plus in my book. All products used from car soap, abrasive compounds, polishes, pads, ceramic coating, powertools, etc., were all top-notch products. Clearly, no corners were cut here; from the high-grade materials used to the phenomenal workmanship that spoke for itself based mirror finish of my car, Allure Auto Spa is a detailer worth supporting here in SoCal.

Engaging, fun, friendly, and a unicorn in a time where customer service is severely lacking.

Thanks for the read! This is my first review.
Are those OEM 763Ms??
Edit: on further inspection, the design looks a little different. What wheels are these?
      03-30-2020, 01:42 AM   #3
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Do they have pre setup pricing or call to get a quote?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
Donteflon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Are those OEM 763Ms??
Edit: on further inspection, the design looks a little different. What wheels are these?
These are 763m reps. Wanted an OEM+ look without that very large price tag for some OEMs.
Appreciate 1
jh_f301307.00
      03-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
Donteflon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Do they have pre setup pricing or call to get a quote?
All his ceramic packages are pre-priced. Give him a buzz for pricing and what's included in what because there's various packages.
Appreciate 1
jh_f301307.00
      03-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #6
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Are those OEM 763Ms??
These are 763m reps. Wanted an OEM+ look without that very large price tag for some OEMs.
Nice. I didn't know the reps came in the bronze/gold finish. Looks dope!
      03-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
Donteflon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice. I didn't know the reps came in the bronze/gold finish. Looks dope!
Appreciate the sentiments, brotha!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 04:36 PM   #8
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
All his ceramic packages are pre-priced. Give him a buzz for pricing and what's included in what because there's various packages.
Ok thanks.

I ask due to some detailing shop pricing discrepancy... charging more for a 3/4 series than a Civic Type-R. Both car are the same size ....
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 11:28 PM   #9
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

Quote:
Quote:
Ok thanks.

I ask due to some detailing shop pricing discrepancy... charging more for a 3/4 series than a Civic Type-R. Both car are the same size ....
With all the angles and awkward surfaces on a CTR it should be more expensive.
      04-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #10
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopersF15 View Post
With all the angles and awkward surfaces on a CTR it should be more expensive.
That's exactly my point... that's why I hate places that's say "call to get a quote". There a detail shop that just did my friend 435i GC, I like how it look and call the next day to make an appointment but just before that gave a fk quote that is $100 more that what my friend paid.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #11
Donteflon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks.

I had the same problem when I was shopping around. I was pleased to hear that his packages were pre-priced as well and that prices didn't fluctuate based on models.

Last edited by Donteflon; 04-03-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0