F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Raging! 😡
ARMA SPEED

09-08-2021, 07:23 AM   #23
peco
Rep
Drives: F36 430d LCI

feel your pain, I had also nightmare story few months ago. Fitter was taking the wheel off the bolts, simply dropped the wheel to brake disc - scratch on wheel & also Blue m sport calliper. Next, started removing old weights by screw driver, you can only imagine how the wheel looked after that. I deleted picture already as its still painful to look back on it.

I went mad, they offered refurb of the wheels, which i refused with getting fixed the damage myself and they cover the cost.

From now on, I will remove the wheels and weights myself before I go to any tyre shop.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 07:34 AM   #24
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

I'm now much more inclined to get tyres done at the dealer, I'd expect that they'd be more careful in the first place and much more understanding if there were any issues.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 04:00 PM   #25
jbeer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport Shadow Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
They are not over the top at all, our local dealership will price match black circles or cheapest local independent on the day of them either ordering in or fitting tyres they have in stock. Also as my old man found out when he got like for likes fitted on his X3 if you are in the BMWCarClubGB and get Pirelli's fitted by BMW you can get a fuel card offer through them.
Snap, had my last 6 tyres supplied & fitted & price matched with no issues at all

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 02:44 AM   #26
Bennn
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwynMike View Post
Had 4 new tyres fitted by F1 Autocentres last week. Purely on price.
Took 8 wheels/tyres in and told them to fit the new tyres on the straightest rims, then the best 2 old tyres on the next best 2. Couldn't have made a better job. Cleaned the wheels up. Balanced OK- didn't pay extra for the precision balance (with is that about?).
It was for a VW Caddy though, and the wheels were good to rough anyway!!
I've used them the last couple of times, no massive complaints either, although with my F31 I did have to take it back the next day as they hadn't tightened up the pressure sensors so I was left with 4 flat tyres.

Speaking to the manager they have cameras in the workshop and the fitters have caused damage through carelessness they make them pay for it!
Appreciate 0