F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Tyres at home - EDIT Tyres on the drive damaged my car!
Studio RSR

10-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #23
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrManor View Post
They’ve just emailed me apologising profusely saying it was unacceptable and the technician has been spoken to by his manager.

They said I can take it for a refurb at the place of my choice and they’ll either refund me or pay the garage directly.

I think I’ll take it to the local independent.

Better than nothing I suppose
Not a bad outcome. Whilst it's clearly a thin margin business, it does feel like they could do more to make up for the disappointment and hassle - perhaps some non-time limited vouchers for discounts off future tyres from them.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #24
MrManor
Captain
Gambia
Rep
Drives: Fiat Stilo estate mapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Quote:
They've just emailed me apologising profusely saying it was unacceptable and the technician has been spoken to by his manager.

They said I can take it for a refurb at the place of my choice and they'll either refund me or pay the garage directly.

I think I'll take it to the local independent.

Better than nothing I suppose
Not a bad outcome. Whilst it's clearly a thin margin business, it does feel like they could do more to make up for the disappointment and hassle - perhaps some non-time limited vouchers for discounts off future tyres from them.
It's now just the inconvenience of sorting it out being honest I'm not really after more from them.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2021, 12:52 PM   #25
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

It's one of those things, you're squeezing a tight fitting low profile tyre over a piece of painted metal (we all know how easily paint can be marked), these things are bound to happen occasionally. It's just crap luck of the draw that it's happened to you! Sounds like they're dealing with it as well as they can do. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted to a standard you're happy with.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #26
MrManor
Captain
Gambia
Rep
Drives: Fiat Stilo estate mapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
It's one of those things, you're squeezing a tight fitting low profile tyre over a piece of painted metal (we all know how easily paint can be marked), these things are bound to happen occasionally. It's just crap luck of the draw that it's happened to you! Sounds like they're dealing with it as well as they can do. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted to a standard you're happy with.
Agree but there’s a touch more to it than that.

The lad that turned up had to knock on the door after 10 mins to say his compressor had failed and he was on the phone to his boss, he said he’d send another van which they did, they then spent the next half hour chatting and laughing etc looked like they were mates, they kind of shared the job.

I have it all on my cctv and it just didn’t seem that professional with the laughing and joking, maybe took their eye off the job?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #27
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
At least they have acknowledged it and you can get it sorted although the hassle factor is still a pain!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 04:11 PM   #28
Daftasabrush
Fool
England
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

That's a shit, but at least they're sorting it.

FYI if you only get one diamond cut wheel refurbed it'll look different to the other on the same side of the car (fatter spokes).

Tbh that just looks like it needs a smart repair rather than a full refurb
      10-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #29
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
Agree but there’s a touch more to it than that.

The lad that turned up had to knock on the door after 10 mins to say his compressor had failed and he was on the phone to his boss, he said he’d send another van which they did, they then spent the next half hour chatting and laughing etc looked like they were mates, they kind of shared the job.

I have it all on my cctv and it just didn’t seem that professional with the laughing and joking, maybe took their eye off the job?
That would infuriate me.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 03:13 AM   #30
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daftasabrush View Post
That's a shit, but at least they're sorting it.

FYI if you only get one diamond cut wheel refurbed it'll look different to the other on the same side of the car (fatter spokes).

Tbh that just looks like it needs a smart repair rather than a full refurb
Exactly right.

I'd avoid a full refurb and just have a smart repair. Quick, easy, and no risk of the face of the wheel not matching.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0