F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Official xHP Settings and Data Log Discussion Thread
Extreme Powerhouse

05-05-2020, 11:05 PM   #1
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your mom crazy

Garage List
Official xHP Settings and Data Log Discussion Thread

Seemed to be some interest in establishing a place to discuss xHP settings and I finally got around to fiddling with my settings and taking a data log. If there are any good posts from other threads we want to copy over to this one, that's great too.

Here's my data log from earlier today:
https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/launch-...og=0&data=4-20

xHP Stage 3, torque limiter set to AWD pre-set. M throttle blips on, but unchanged. Sport Drive, Sport +.
Tires are Michelin PS4S on 20" wheels.

I did not use launch control, just waited for green and went full send, full kick down.

From the log I see that there were some torque limiters that were initiated, but the launch felt good, no stumble or traction interventions. Felt fast as shit after the initial lag (since I wasn't building any boost before launch at all)

Observations?
Appreciate 2
OzBMR574.50
      05-06-2020, 11:50 PM   #2
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump - any interest in posting your settings and logs with xHP?
Any feedback on my log?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 12:24 AM   #3
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Some general xHP comments pulled from a few other posts, consolidated here:

xHP Launch Control

It doesn't just increase RPM at launch, it adjusts how much boost/torque your car is allowed to build while the brake is depressed and it also allows adjustment of torque scaling after launch.

There are two sliders that you can adjust and you can reduce up to 15% or add as much as 40% to both.

For a RWD car, tuned, even with drag radials adding more torque at launch is not quicker, but for X drive cars traction is not so much of a problem.

I have RWD so leave launch control alone, already too much torque and I launch at the drag strip with Hoosiers just brake boosting in 2nd gear Sport+ manual.

Glemm1970 with M140i X Drive has used Set Launch Torque at 5% and Torque Scaling After Launch at 14%, combined with Preset AWD Torque Limits to achieve a 1.59s 60ft time and 11.12@196.54km/h (122.12mph) quarter mile. I think with around 470WHP?

boosted with 340i X Drive has good results with 10% set launch torque and 15% torque scaling after launch. No slippage, it just goes and heard a slight tire chirp 11.56@119 with 1.72 60ft I think about 450 WHP with MP E30 tune based on mph in quarter.

Shiftmap Editor

My D mode settings are for up shifts
-25% for 1 - 2
-12% for 2 - 3
the rest at 0.

For downshifts I have
6 - 5 at +15%
7 - 6 at +25%
8 - 7 at +35%.

Changing these takes advantage of the increased torque from the DME tunes and reduces lugging the engine at low load. Note: this change is not effective with cruise control active, car reverts to standard up an downshifts. I've left S mode as per stock.

boosted has following settings - Shiftmap Editor set both D and S mode as After your Up-Shifts to -5% (1->2, 2->3, 3->4) the rest 0%. And After your Down-Shifts set to +5% only for 6->5, 7->6, and 8->7

Max RPM

I haven't used Max RPM yet and leave it off as when I'm on it I'm in Sport+ and manually shifting, changing at 6500 RPM. My stock setting are 6900 RPM in S and M modes for every gear and D is 6400 RPM for gears 1 - 4 then 6100, 5300 and 6400, but I have this setting off.

Use Stock Shift Maps

Use Stock Shift Maps I have off. Use the xHP modified shift maps with the custom setting via Shiftmap Editor and it is nice.

Take off in 2nd gear

Take off in 2nd gear as standard ON, same for D and S. In M mode it always drops back to 1st.

Throttle Blips M-Mode

Throttle Blips M-Mode I haven't changed this and use the default xHP throttle blip settings which I find to be perfect in M mode, especially 4th to 3rd, 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st and when changing done at about 2000 RPM. I try to limit pops and bangs as I run catalytic converter down pipe.

Gear Display

Gear Display - turn this on to see current gear always next to the D or S in your instrument cluster. I like this.

Torque Limits

Torque Limits I have off in RWD M140i, although I'm going to experiment with 450Nm for 1st, 500Nm for 2nd and maybe 550Nm for 3rd, the rest can stay at maximum. This is to try to maximise grip, I'm not worried about the driveline.

There are preset options to choose from if you activate this, or you can set your own values. Presets include Standard, RWD, Sticky Tires and AWD.

RWD is 440Nm, 530Nm and 720Nm for 1/2/3. If these are actual Nm values as reported at clutch the 720 seems too high to be of any influence?

AWD setting is 650Nm, 800Nm, 1100Nm for 1/2/3. Again, question the value ofanything over 650Nm at least for stock turbo setup.

Soft Shifts in Sport Mode

Soft Shifts in Sport Mode I have off, I like the firmer shifts
Quarter mile 10.93@127mph

Last edited by OzBMR; 07-14-2020 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 7
yokata156.00
Solid67187.00
Supr3me551.00
PeterWT252.50
FastFrog143.50
      05-07-2020, 12:38 AM   #4
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sµpreme View Post
Seemed to be some interest in establishing a place to discuss xHP settings and I finally got around to fiddling with my settings and taking a data log. If there are any good posts from other threads we want to copy over to this one, that's great too.

Here's my data log from earlier today:
https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/launch-...og=0&data=4-20

xHP Stage 3, torque limiter set to AWD pre-set. M throttle blips on, but unchanged. Sport Drive, Sport +.
Tires are Michelin PS4S on 20" wheels.

I did not use launch control, just waited for green and went full send, full kick down.

From the log I see that there were some torque limiters that were initiated, but the launch felt good, no stumble or traction interventions. Felt fast as shit after the initial lag (since I wasn't building any boost before launch at all)

Observations?
Your logs look good.

It'd be interesting to see what boost is built if you brake boost? At the drag strip I was seeing up to about 8 PSI boost at the line.

Your data log indicates a 0 - 60 mph time of about 3.83s, but Dragy times seem to add a bit compared to logs.

Maybe Dragy 0 - 60, 60ft and 1/4 mile times would be good measures, especially for the AWD guys experimenting with the torque settings and launch control sliders?

Last edited by OzBMR; 05-07-2020 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
Supr3me551.00
      05-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Solid67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive MP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post

xHP Launch Control

It doesn't just increase RPM at launch, it adjusts how much boost/torque your car is allowed to build while the brake is depressed and it also allows adjustment of torque scaling after launch.

There are two sliders that you can adjust and you can reduce up to 15% or add as much as 40% to both.

For a RWD car, tuned, even with drag radials adding more torque at launch is not quicker, but for X drive cars traction is not so much of a problem.

I have RWD so leave launch control alone, already too much torque and I launch at the drag strip with Hoosiers just brake boosting in 2nd gear Sport+ manual.

Glemm1970 with M140i X Drive has used Set Launch Torque at 5% and Torque Scaling After Launch at 14%, combined with Preset AWD Torque Limits to achieve a 1.59s 60ft time and 11.12@196.54mph quarter mile. I think with around 470WHP?

Shiftmap Editor

-25% for 1 - 2
-12% for 2 - 3
the rest at 0.

For downshifts I have
6 - 5 at +15%
7 - 6 at +25%
8 - 7 at +35%.

Changing these takes advantage of the increased torque from the DME tunes and reduces lugging the engine at low load. Note: this change is not effective with cruise control active, car reverts to standard up an downshifts.

I've left S mode as per stock.

Max RPM

I haven't used Max RPM yet and leave it off as when I'm on it I'm in Sport+ and manually shifting, changing at 6500 RPM. My stock setting are 6900 RPM in S and M modes for every gear and D is 6400 RPM for gears 1 - 4 then 6100, 5300 and 6400, but I have this setting off.

Use Stock Shift Maps

Use Stock Shift Maps I have off. Use the xHP modified shift maps with the custom setting via Shiftmap Editor and it is nice.

Take off in 2nd gear

Take off in 2nd gear as standard ON, same for D and S. In M mode it always drops back to 1st.

Throttle Blips M-Mode

Throttle Blips M-Mode I haven't changed this and use the default xHP throttle blip settings which I find to be perfect in M mode, especially 4th to 3rd, 3rd to 2nd and 2nd to 1st and when changing done at about 2000 RPM. I try to limit pops and bangs as I run catalytic converter down pipe.

Gear Display

Gear Display - turn this on to see current gear always next to the D or S in your instrument cluster. I like this.

Torque Limits

Torque Limits I have off in RWD M140i, although I'm going to experiment with 450Nm for 1st, 500Nm for 2nd and maybe 550Nm for 3rd, the rest can stay at maximum. This is to try to maximise grip, I'm not worries about the driveline.

There are preset options to choose from if you activate this, or you can set your own values. Presets include Standard, RWD, Sticky Tires and AWD.

RWD is 440Nm, 530Nm and 720Nm for 1/2/3. If these are actual Nm values as reported at clutch the 720 seems too high to be of any influence?

AWD setting is 650Nm, 800Nm, 1100Nm for 1/2/3. Again, question the value ofanything over 650Nm at least for stock turbo setup.

Oz great stuff as usual! I have a couple of questions for you. The settings you listed for the shift map editor - would you recommend that as well for us xdrive guys (I know we both have ZF8)? For the take of in 2nd gear, does that basically make actual launch control impossible since it will always be in 2nd gear? Based on my testing so far, my best launches are in Sport+ with shifter to the left. I've tried launching with DCT off both in 1st and 2nd gear and its always 0.1 - 0.2 secs slower.
2019 M240i M Performance Edition / xDrive / ZF8 / BM3 Stg 2+ E30 / xHP Stg 3 / Dorch Stg 2 HPFP / Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe / MPPSK Exhaust / FTP Drop in Filter / FTP Intake Pipe / FTP Chargepipe / NGK 94201 Spark Plugs .022 / Michelin PS4S - 225/35/19 + 245/30/19
Appreciate 1
boosted116.00
      05-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
Solid67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive MP Edition

Also what are we looking at in our logs in regards to our transmission settings?
2019 M240i M Performance Edition / xDrive / ZF8 / BM3 Stg 2+ E30 / xHP Stg 3 / Dorch Stg 2 HPFP / Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe / MPPSK Exhaust / FTP Drop in Filter / FTP Intake Pipe / FTP Chargepipe / NGK 94201 Spark Plugs .022 / Michelin PS4S - 225/35/19 + 245/30/19
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 01:00 PM   #7
Coeman140
Rep
Drives: M140i

I had a few questions for you xHP users which I cant find clear answers to in the manual

I have just flashed stage 2 to the 8 speed.

In manual mode the shifting is still lazy in comfort. Assume intended? As in dsc off and traction it lightning fast. I never drive in either of the sport modes but these were also quick. My preference would be for manual mode to always be fast regardless of car mode.

The custom controls. For example, throttle blips in M mode. I have left the slider off as didnt want to adjust it assumed you would get whatever is set on the map. However cant say I am noticing any blip. Do you have to activate slider but not necessarily change any of the settings for it to work?

The shifts really now put a grin on my face in DTC and DSC off

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 10:45 PM   #8
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid67 View Post
Oz great stuff as usual! I have a couple of questions for you. The settings you listed for the shift map editor - would you recommend that as well for us xdrive guys (I know we both have ZF8)? For the take of in 2nd gear, does that basically make actual launch control impossible since it will always be in 2nd gear? Based on my testing so far, my best launches are in Sport+ with shifter to the left. I've tried launching with DCT off both in 1st and 2nd gear and its always 0.1 - 0.2 secs slower.
I like those shift map settings for D mode, for me when I'm in D mode I'm also in Comfort and cruising around. With a remap and E30 there is a lot more torque available and I find that the experience is more smooth and relaxing avoiding 1st gear and changing into 2nd and 3rd as early as possible.

I can't see any reason why those settings wouldn't also be nice in a M240i or 340i etc. Perhaps a 340i with more weight may want some changes. You really should just try and see how you like it.

Regarding Launch Control and Take Off in 2nd Gear As Standard, I haven't tested this as Launch Control for my RWD car tends to just light up the rears Glemm1970 or boosted may have tested this already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeman140 View Post
I had a few questions for you xHP users which I cant find clear answers to in the manual

I have just flashed stage 2 to the 8 speed.

In manual mode the shifting is still lazy in comfort. Assume intended? As in dsc off and traction it lightning fast. I never drive in either of the sport modes but these were also quick. My preference would be for manual mode to always be fast regardless of car mode.

The custom controls. For example, throttle blips in M mode. I have left the slider off as didnt want to adjust it assumed you would get whatever is set on the map. However cant say I am noticing any blip. Do you have to activate slider but not necessarily change any of the settings for it to work?

The shifts really now put a grin on my face in DTC and DSC off

Thanks.
With xHP they make the driver experience more like that of M cars where engine and suspension are varied with the Experience button Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and the gear shift behavior is altered by the lever position.

D mode is lever in normal position, S mode with sports auto shifting with lever to the left and M mode lever to the left and paddle used to change to manual shift mode.

In D mode with lever in normal position you will have milder, slower shifts in Comfort even if you are using the paddles.

If you are in the mountains, track etc and you want the manual, sport experience you move the lever to the left and use the paddles for fastest shifts and responsiveness.

For throttle blips you need to be in S or M mode with lever to the left. You will get quite pronounced blips if you are in Sport+ and M mode. I don't think I'd like more than stock blips as when you are in the mountains for example and downshifting for the next corner, the blips reduce the engine braking and can make it feel like the car is not slowing as much as you'd expect.
Appreciate 2
Solid67187.00
boosted116.00
      05-08-2020, 05:17 AM   #9
Coeman140
Rep
Drives: M140i

Yeh lever is to the left and activate manual mode by pressing a paddle.

Shift is still lazy in comfort. Sometimes I like to go for a proper drive but with everything turned on and use manual shifting so was hoping manual mode would be independent of the DEC switch.

Otherwise I just use traction and DSC off which has fast shifts in manual mode. I don't like to drive in sport plus because the throttle pedal becomes useless for feeding in power on a set of twisties.

So the idea with custom settings is that they are just for adjustment. You don't need to turn the slider on to activate blips for example?

Need to test more as only doing 10 miles every 2 weeks to go to the shops at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 02:59 AM   #10
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeman140 View Post
Yeh lever is to the left and activate manual mode by pressing a paddle.

Shift is still lazy in comfort. Sometimes I like to go for a proper drive but with everything turned on and use manual shifting so was hoping manual mode would be independent of the DEC switch.

Otherwise I just use traction and DSC off which has fast shifts in manual mode. I don't like to drive in sport plus because the throttle pedal becomes useless for feeding in power on a set of twisties.

So the idea with custom settings is that they are just for adjustment. You don't need to turn the slider on to activate blips for example?

Need to test more as only doing 10 miles every 2 weeks to go to the shops at the moment.
I did some testing today and can confirm that in DEC Comfort and lever to the left, manual shifting is soft, Sport is better but most direct shifts in Sport+ or DSC off. This is with xHP Stage 3 too.

I've never used manual shifting in Comfort setting before, normally only ever use it in Sport+ or DSC off
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #11
bisrael8191
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340ix

Just started to mess with xHP to get a smoother daily drive comfort (D) mode while still having fun in sport/+ S/M modes. I started with the stage 2 defaults and enabled:

- Take off in 2nd gear
- Soft shifts in sport mode (use sport+ for fun roads anyway)
- Torque limits to the AWD preset

Then have mainly been testing out different D-Mode up-shift points:
1-2: -5 (get out of first fast if the trans goes into it)
2-3: +20
3-4: +10
4-5: +5
5-6: +2
6-7: 0
7-8: 0

What I noticed is that if I lightly pressed the gas in comfort, the defaults were pretty smooth, but if I went 30% down or harder it would buck going through the lower changes. After a lot of circling a mall with stop signs, I figured out that the turbo would kick in just before going from 2 to 3, so it would surge and then immediately lose RPMs, then kick in again. Holding on to 2nd/3rd/4th a little longer smoothed out the changes and allowed the boost to be more constant. Haven't really had time to keep tuning to see if I can make it better and then start messing with S-mode and downshifts (pretty happy w/ both defaults so far). Just thought I'd post these here for now for anyone else w/ similar goals and a 340i xdrive.
      05-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #12
boosted
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i x-drive 8AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid67 View Post
As Oz mentioned, here are my settings for my AWD and I like it:

Custom Launch Control
Since I'm running on factory run-flats I like my torque settings as 10% and 15% accordingly. And same with launch control I'm getting better results (Sport+ with shifter to the left starting S1)

Shiftmap Editor
set both D and S mode as After your Up-Shifts to -5% (1->2, 2->3, 3->4) the rest 0%. And After your Down-Shifts set to +5% only for 6->5, 7->6, and 8->7

Take off in 2nd gear
I also like personally with 2nd gear OFF. Mostly drive in Sport mode, but I've found previously with 2nd gear ON some hesitation from the traffic light or stop sign, so I turned it OFF.

And Max RPM settings below while others are OFF. I've recently turned ON torque limits as standard but haven't tested yet the difference.
Attached Images

2018 340i x-drive 8AT - MP (Mission Performance) stg 3 DME tune, Xhp stg 3 EGS tune, catted AA downpipe, NGK plugs, E30 blend - 11.4@120mph.
Appreciate 7
Solid67187.00
OzBMR574.50
yokata156.00
      05-12-2020, 07:41 PM   #13
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
OK I feel like I finally got a rock solid log of my Sport Auto kick down traction intervention issue.

https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/sport-a...og=0&data=4-20

xHP Stage 3, torque limiter set to AWD pre-set. M throttle blips on, but unchanged. Sport Drive, Sport +

At street speed in S4, mash the gas and kickdown. Builds boost for a second and starts to accelerate and then shudders and I get a lot of pops.

Is this a traction intervention issue I can resolve with xHP or is this basically just something I can't do anymore at my HP/TQ level?
Need to be in desired gear before going full send? Or maybe can't go full send anymore?
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2020, 08:48 PM   #14
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
OK I feel like I finally got a rock solid log of my Sport Auto kick down traction intervention issue.

https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/sport-a...og=0&data=4-20

xHP Stage 3, torque limiter set to AWD pre-set. M throttle blips on, but unchanged. Sport Drive, Sport +

At street speed in S4, mash the gas and kickdown. Builds boost for a second and starts to accelerate and then shudders and I get a lot of pops.

Is this a traction intervention issue I can resolve with xHP or is this basically just something I can't do anymore at my HP/TQ level?
Need to be in desired gear before going full send? Or maybe can't go full send anymore?
It's not an obvious TCU/xHP issue, there aren't any reported torque limiters when the issue happens, only as expected at gear changes.

Couple of observations:
  1. Rail pressure drops below target 4600 - 6500 RPM, nothing too bad, 2262 PSI is the lowest it gets and shouldn't have contributed
  2. Something happens at 6036 RPM in 2nd gear, you get timing corrections in cylinders 2, 5 then 3.
  3. AFR goes lean, rich, lean
  4. WGDC increases, decreases, increases
  5. Boost drops, increases, decrease despite throttle staying open
  6. Load and boost targets stay constant

Couple of suggestions to test:
  1. Change torque limiters for all gears in xHP to max values, save, disable, reflash. I have a suspicion that the torque limiters scale and adjust throughout the rev range and somewhere around 6000RPM reduce as a percentage e.g. stock from 550Nm reduces to about 510 at around 6000RPM
  2. Test also in DSC off mode, 5 second press of the button.
Appreciate 1
Supr3me551.00
      05-13-2020, 10:54 PM   #15
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's not an obvious TCU/xHP issue, there aren't any reported torque limiters when the issue happens, only as expected at gear changes.

Couple of observations:
  1. Rail pressure drops below target 4600 - 6500 RPM, nothing too bad, 2262 PSI is the lowest it gets and shouldn't have contributed
  2. Something happens at 6036 RPM in 2nd gear, you get timing corrections in cylinders 2, 5 then 3.
  3. AFR goes lean, rich, lean
  4. WGDC increases, decreases, increases
  5. Boost drops, increases, decrease despite throttle staying open
  6. Load and boost targets stay constant

Couple of suggestions to test:
  1. Change torque limiters for all gears in xHP to max values, save, disable, reflash. I have a suspicion that the torque limiters scale and adjust throughout the rev range and somewhere around 6000RPM reduce as a percentage e.g. stock from 550Nm reduces to about 510 at around 6000RPM
  2. Test also in DSC off mode, 5 second press of the button.
OK I reflashed tonight and will test tomorrow.
Just to double check - when you say "save, disable, reflash" you mean to save the new settings but then use the slider on the Torque Limits section to grey out that section, to basically turn it off? Doesn't that mean that the values we just changed won't be active?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 12:15 AM   #16
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
OK I reflashed tonight and will test tomorrow.
Just to double check - when you say "save, disable, reflash" you mean to save the new settings but then use the slider on the Torque Limits section to grey out that section, to basically turn it off? Doesn't that mean that the values we just changed won't be active?
Yep, just a precaution to be sure the higher torque limit values are written to the TCU correctly. Belt and braces approach.

There was another user who had used torque limits in xHP, left the limit values and just used the slider, but it looked from the logs like the limits may have persisted.

It was never proven one way or the other.
Appreciate 1
Supr3me551.00
      05-15-2020, 01:30 AM   #17
Sleeper340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:

xHP Launch Control

Glemm1970 with M140i X Drive has used Set Launch Torque at 5% and Torque Scaling After Launch at 14%, combined with Preset AWD Torque Limits to achieve a 1.59s 60ft time and 11.12@196.54km/h (122.12mph) quarter mile. I think with around 470WHP?

boosted with 340i X Drive has good results with 10% set launch torque and 15% torque scaling after launch. No slippage, it just goes and heard a slight tire chirp 11.56@119 with 1.72 60ft I think about 450 WHP with MP E30 tune based on mph in quarter.

Shiftmap Editor

-25% for 1 - 2
-12% for 2 - 3
the rest at 0.

For downshifts I have
6 - 5 at +15%
7 - 6 at +25%
8 - 7 at +35%.

Changing these takes advantage of the increased torque from the DME tunes and reduces lugging the engine at low load. Note: this change is not effective with cruise control active, car reverts to standard up an downshifts. I've left S mode as per stock.

boosted has following settings - Shiftmap Editor set both D and S mode as After your Up-Shifts to -5% (1->2, 2->3, 3->4) the rest 0%. And After your Down-Shifts set to +5% only for 6->5, 7->6, and 8->7

Max RPM

Use Stock Shift Maps

Take off in 2nd gear

Throttle Blips M-Mode

Gear Display

Torque Limits

Torque Limits I have off in RWD M140i, although I'm going to experiment with 450Nm for 1st, 500Nm for 2nd and maybe 550Nm for 3rd, the rest can stay at maximum. This is to try to maximise grip, I'm not worries about the driveline.

So I've been doing some pulls today with my Pure 800. With our stock turbos lag is pretty much near non existent, which gave me more torque right off the bat hence more wheel spin. With my Pure 800 and tune I don't get much boost at all if any till about 3-4k and I might get a hint of wheel spin around 30-40mph which will whip me out for a split second, but very different from stock turbo. Problem is my 0-60 is about the same as it was stock with launch control, about 4.3 and I'm assuming this is due to the very slow speed/spool right off the bat and doing launch control doesn't seem to help much currently with stock launch control stage 3 xHP.

I know you said adjusting the launch control wouldn't be too helpful for RWD compared to AWD, but In my case if I were to up the RPM for launch control to get more power off the start to compensate for non existent boost, granted I upgrade my rears(drag radials) and get traction with said higher RPM, do you think this would be a good solution?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #18
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper340i View Post
So I've been doing some pulls today with my Pure 800. With our stock turbos lag is pretty much near non existent, which gave me more torque right off the bat hence more wheel spin. With my Pure 800 and tune I don't get much boost at all if any till about 3-4k and I might get a hint of wheel spin around 30-40mph which will whip me out for a split second, but very different from stock turbo. Problem is my 0-60 is about the same as it was stock with launch control, about 4.3 and I'm assuming this is due to the very slow speed/spool right off the bat and doing launch control doesn't seem to help much currently with stock launch control stage 3 xHP.

I know you said adjusting the launch control wouldn't be too helpful for RWD compared to AWD, but In my case if I were to up the RPM for launch control to get more power off the start to compensate for non existent boost, granted I upgrade my rears(drag radials) and get traction with said higher RPM, do you think this would be a good solution?
I think with your set up, fuel, tune etc it would be worth experimenting with Launch Control settings. Maybe try the default RWD Sticky tire option?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #19
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So I've been doing some pulls today with my Pure 800. With our stock turbos lag is pretty much near non existent, which gave me more torque right off the bat hence more wheel spin. With my Pure 800 and tune I don't get much boost at all if any till about 3-4k and I might get a hint of wheel spin around 30-40mph which will whip me out for a split second, but very different from stock turbo. Problem is my 0-60 is about the same as it was stock with launch control, about 4.3 and I'm assuming this is due to the very slow speed/spool right off the bat.
My experience is similar that the Pure800 hasn't done a lot to increase my perceived acceleration until about 30-40mph. I don't have a Dragy so I can't double check but as someone else called it- 'very top endy'. I'm sure it will make a massive difference in quarter mile times, not so much in speeds below 60 mph.
Also as mentioned elsewhere, I'm not done with tuning the system yet, still waiting on additional map revs from Wedge.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #20
Supr3me
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I did a couple of logs with the xHP settings changed. These two logs are in Sport Drive, Sport +. The xHP torque limiters were all advanced to max (1200), but the toggle switch for Torque Limits was switched off.

https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/kick-do...og=1&data=4-18

The shudder issue did not reoccur, but I definitely felt like I was being limited - power didn't seem as high.
I will reflash today with the Torque Limit toggle switch turned on.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #21
Sleeper340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I think with your set up, fuel, tune etc it would be worth experimenting with Launch Control settings. Maybe try the default RWD Sticky tire option?
Thanks Oz I'll mess around with the settings and that option and see where I'm at. I will say it is weird because I tested with full traction control mode off yesterday and it did feel a lot more torquey than sports plus mode, and I barely got any wheel spin at all romping at it from 0. Maybe this mode will get me my fastest times? Granted fastest shifting mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #22
Sleeper340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So I've been doing some pulls today with my Pure 800. With our stock turbos lag is pretty much near non existent, which gave me more torque right off the bat hence more wheel spin. With my Pure 800 and tune I don't get much boost at all if any till about 3-4k and I might get a hint of wheel spin around 30-40mph which will whip me out for a split second, but very different from stock turbo. Problem is my 0-60 is about the same as it was stock with launch control, about 4.3 and I'm assuming this is due to the very slow speed/spool right off the bat.
My experience is similar that the Pure800 hasn't done a lot to increase my perceived acceleration until about 30-40mph. I don't have a Dragy so I can't double check but as someone else called it- 'very top endy'. I'm sure it will make a massive difference in quarter mile times, not so much in speeds below 60 mph.
Also as mentioned elsewhere, I'm not done with tuning the system yet, still waiting on additional map revs from Wedge.
Quote:
Quote:
I agree heavily on "very top endy" After messing with it for a good while yesterday I feel like I'm less confident racing someone off the line till 60 unless I have enough space to fully spool. I've noticed from
my pulls that first is slower than stage 2, second starts picking up, then third it starts to really haul and fourth gear might even be faster lol. No signs of slowing down when you're pulling high speeds. Can't imagine how hard up top it pulls with E85 though. Was your tuner able to get you the boost you wanted last time?
Appreciate 0