F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i / 440i (B58) BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit (MPPSK) Official Release
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2021, 04:17 AM   #1189
Skyhigh
Lieutenant Colonel
Skyhigh's Avatar
804
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: BMW F36
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimba_440i View Post
If anyone is looking to sell their mppsk setup! Please let me know. Thanks
You can't resell the software part.
__________________
"Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in cars and women."
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 01:01 AM   #1190
Eddie_440i
Captain
Eddie_440i's Avatar
Sweden
34
Rep
715
Posts

Drives: Bmw 440i GC
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Malmö

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimba_440i View Post
If anyone is looking to sell their mppsk setup! Please let me know. Thanks

Hello Bimba !

I have the software for mppsk for sale if you want that part.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #1191
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_440i View Post
Hello Bimba !

I have the software for mppsk for sale if you want that part.
Hello Bimba,

How much?


Thank you,
Jeff
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #1192
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Looking at getting the MPPSK here soon. What is the diameter size of the tips that slide onto the exhaust piping?
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #1193
veejay
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

I absolutely love the MPPSK.

I bought a convertible (F33 440xi Full individual), but having more joy with the sound itself (not so much the extra power or folding roof). Uploaded a couple of vids here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvc...wLUdafUo90LxBg

Take care all.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 04:13 PM   #1194
amruthless
sleepyb58
United_States
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 340xi DHP
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Looking at getting the MPPSK here soon. What is the diameter size of the tips that slide onto the exhaust piping?
3" throughout and 3" tips
__________________
17' F30 340xi DHP
Mods: MPPSK, FTP Chargepipe, Full dry carbon interior
...
floating caps
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #1195
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Has anyone installed the MPPSK (Muffler only) onto the OEM midpipe? I am not talking about the MPE. You can actually buy the muffler part separate within the MPPSK bundle.

Here is the part number: 18-30-2-407-185

__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 03:29 PM   #1196
aardate
Private
United_States
52
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Has anyone installed the MPPSK (Muffler only) onto the OEM midpipe? I am not talking about the MPE. You can actually buy the muffler part separate within the MPPSK bundle.

Here is the part number: 18-30-2-407-185

Interesting! not sure this would work 100% without the software/tune otherwise BMW would sell it themselves. The reason I say that is because the stock exhaust has 1 controlled valve and this one has 2 controlled valves, one on each side, I am pretty sure some sort of software is needed for this to operate correctly.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 03:37 PM   #1197
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
Interesting! not sure this would work 100% without the software/tune otherwise BMW would sell it themselves. The reason I say that is because the stock exhaust has 1 controlled valve and this one has 2 controlled valves, one on each side, I am pretty sure some sort of software is needed for this to operate correctly.
Hey aardate, from my research, BMW does sell a M Performance Wiring harness that plugs into the original valve connector and splits off into two. Wouldnt the button that you press to go into sport mode open those valves up or am I missing something.

Here is the part number for the wiring harness for the valves: 18-30-2-414-889
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #1198
Mick.86uk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
42
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: 2016 F36 440i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Lancashire, UK

iTrader: (0)

I fitted a used MPPSK exhaust without the tune and it operates exactly the same as the stock exhaust, just two valves rather than one.
__________________
2016 F36 440i - Estoril Blue | Auto | M Sport Plus | Adaptive Suspension | Adaptive Headlights | EBT-Wireless Charging
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 03:55 PM   #1199
aardate
Private
United_States
52
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Hey aardate, from my research, BMW does sell a M Performance Wiring harness that plugs into the original valve connector and splits off into two. Wouldnt the button that you press to go into sport mode open those valves up or am I missing something.

Here is the part number for the wiring harness for the valves: 18-30-2-414-889
That might actually work then!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 03:39 PM   #1200
veejay
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick.86uk View Post
I fitted a used MPPSK exhaust without the tune and it operates exactly the same as the stock exhaust, just two valves rather than one.
How does it sound, same as with the tune but just without the gunshots, or ?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #1201
Mick.86uk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
42
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: 2016 F36 440i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Lancashire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick.86uk View Post
I fitted a used MPPSK exhaust without the tune and it operates exactly the same as the stock exhaust, just two valves rather than one.
How does it sound, same as with the tune but just without the gunshots, or ?
Plenty of pops and bangs in sport +
__________________
2016 F36 440i - Estoril Blue | Auto | M Sport Plus | Adaptive Suspension | Adaptive Headlights | EBT-Wireless Charging
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #1202
AMG KLR
First Lieutenant
43
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: N55 BSM F30
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Pompano Beach

iTrader: (0)

So food for thought. Today i was contemplating getting the MPPSK for my B58 I plan on buying in a few months, but parts/labor will be at a minimum 3000$. I only want it so I can keep the factory warranty

On the other hand, I can buy a gently used B58, already have Bm3 from my N55, spend 300 bucks on a downpipe, leaving me with around 2700$ difference to pay out of pocket if my warranty is voided. Thougts?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #1203
Skyhigh
Lieutenant Colonel
Skyhigh's Avatar
804
Rep
1,988
Posts

Drives: BMW F36
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

You can have a piece of mind or you can be a smart ass. If you are lucky, you may succeed with the latter. Up to you.

If you are after a B58 to save money however, that is a more fundamental problem...

MPPSK includes a state of the art exhaust system. A reputable one from the same class has a 4 digit price tag anyway.
__________________
"Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in cars and women."
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #1204
CajunBMW
Captain
CajunBMW's Avatar
United_States
738
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Shreveport, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
You can have a piece of mind or you can be a smart ass. If you are lucky, you may succeed with the latter. Up to you.

If you are after a B58 to save money however, that is a more fundamental problem...

MPPSK includes a state of the art exhaust system. A reputable one from the same class has a 4 digit price tag anyway.
+1 on the quality of the mppsk exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 10:29 AM   #1205
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

I'm still thinking about getting the MPPSK, but the full Remus exhaust has def caught my attention now..
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:19 AM   #1206
amruthless
sleepyb58
United_States
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 340xi DHP
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (0)

Interior buzzing in sport + with mppsk

anyone notice this in their car? I can bear with it not sure if anyone has some insight on it






the dealer tried fixing it and all they did was scratch my roof wrap with the snow brush and got all these spots on the back seat from them washing my car with a bit of the window open i assume
ugh dealers

edit: almost forgot to mention dealer tried blaming FTP chargepipe for the noise but shop forman knew better CPO is a waste of 3k
__________________
17' F30 340xi DHP
Mods: MPPSK, FTP Chargepipe, Full dry carbon interior
...
floating caps

Last edited by amruthless; 02-12-2021 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: dealer tried blaming FTP chargepipe for the noise but shop forman knew better
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #1207
aardate
Private
United_States
52
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amruthless View Post
anyone notice this in their car? I can bear with it not sure if anyone has some insight on it


the dealer tried fixing it and all they did was scratch my roof wrap with the snow brush and got all these spots on the back seat from them washing my car with a bit of the window open i assume
ugh dealers

edit: almost forgot to mention dealer tried blaming FTP chargepipe for the noise but shop forman knew better CPO is a waste of 3k
Interesting! Can you tell if its coming from the inside or from under the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #1208
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Anyone have any thoughts on the full Remus exhaust for the 2018 F30 B58? I keep going back and forth between the MPPSK and Remus exhaust.
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #1209
d0ugmac1
Solutioneer
Canada
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i 6MT Xdrive
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Saltbelt

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on the full Remus exhaust for the 2018 F30 B58? I keep going back and forth between the MPPSK and Remus exhaust.
I basically have your exact car (ie Z5Z factory Msport option) but also the MPPSK (ZP2). I have absolutely zero complaints about the performance and quality of the exhaust and would highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 12:14 PM   #1210
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Thanks Dougmac1.

Do you hear any tinny type sounds? How would you describe the sound in comfort and sport mode?

Thanks for the help!
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST