F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Stance VSForged Wheels anyone?
Studio RSR

12-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
jadis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Stance VSForged Wheels anyone?

Has anyone heard of these? I have been looking for forged wheels that are sturdy and will hold up to 3-4 track days per year. I really like the Titan, but the Titan has white lettering on their rims and I am really turned off by this.

The VSforged offers similar designs without the white lettering at a similar (it seems lower) cost. Anyone hear of these or use them?

Last edited by jadis; 12-08-2020 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Has anyone heard of these? I have been looking for forged wheels that are sturdy and will hold up to 3-4 track days per year. The VSforged offers similar designs without the white lettering at a similar (it seems lower) cost. Anyone hear of these or use them?
from their website...

"With over 20 years of experience in the industry, VS Forged brings you high quality full forged wheels at a competitive price. With the collaboration of Vertini and Stance Wheels, we bring you our interpretation of the modern wheel design, made using T6061 Aluminum. Our goal is to build the ultimate street and performance wheel that feature an aggressive yet unique styles. VS Forged Monoblock wheels are made to order. Freshly cut and hot out of the oven. If you can dream it, we can build it."

i like vertini and stance and am surprised more people don't consider rocking VS Forged.

IMO, for track, the best forged yet affordable are 18" APEX ARC-8R or EC-7R. they come in offsets optimum for tracking as well.

rays/volk and advan have mold-forged offerings which are stronger than normal forged but cost accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #3
BudgetBimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: (sold)335iS, 440ix Gran Coupe

Garage List
I'm looking at a set of VS02 myself. They seem like they have a decent following in other vehicle forums. I only want them because I want custom offsets that are more aggressive.
However, I believe the concensus was that they were not trackable wheels, something about each wheel having a load of only 1500lbs, etc.
I'd google a read at the MB, Audi forums.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 11:23 PM   #4
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetBimmer View Post
I'm looking at a set of VS02 myself. They seem like they have a decent following in other vehicle forums. I only want them because I want custom offsets that are more aggressive. However, I believe the concensus was that they were not trackable wheels, something about each wheel having a load of only 1500lbs, etc. I'd google a read at the MB, Audi forums.
i'm not sure what minimum load rating makes a wheel trackable or not, but consider that Apex flow formed wheels have a load rating of 1550#, while their forged wheels are 1800#.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #5
BudgetBimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: (sold)335iS, 440ix Gran Coupe

Garage List
Some guy on MB forum went off about it, not sure how reputable he was. I don't track, so don't quote me on it. Lol.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...des-c63-2.html
(POST 38 I BELIEVE)

But, myself, they are still at the top of my list.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #6
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetBimmer View Post
Some guy on MB forum went off about it, not sure how reputable he was. I don't track, so don't quote me on it. Lol. But, myself, they are still at the top of my list.
thx. from that quick read, there were questions if they are truly forged or just flow formed and if they are forged, are they of lesser strength being manufactured in taiwan.

i definitely think they're fine for daily and spirited driving and maybe even occasional tracking. however i feel Apex Forged offers the best priced forged 18" wheels in offsets for this platform, if you don't mind the mesh style of the ARC-8R or EC-7R
Appreciate 0