F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Top 3ish regrets
ARMA SPEED

01-24-2021, 08:34 AM   #23
EvilDrPorkChop
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini F56 Cooper S

Interesting thread - mine are;

1) Not asking a foreign Belgian girl out I met on holiday in my late teens, Love at first sight (if you believe in that stuff) and didn't have the balls to speak to her. She would stay around the pool later in the afternoon when her parents went up so I started doing the same. My top regret that is - not knowing what it maybe could have been.

2) Being more outgoing and experimental in my teens/early 20's.

3) Not realising earlier in life that to live a decent life you don't need to earn >100k+. My parents pulled in decent money, but I under valued what they earnt in my childhood.

4) Not spending more time with my Grandma on my Dads side of the family, always spent more time with my Mums side and she was the better person which I only realised later in life towards the end.
Appreciate 1
G50348.50

01-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #24
AlwynMike
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
You regret not marrying the other girl but also regret waking out on your wife?

Either way, glad it's working out for you now.
Working well so far thanks!
Not done the divorce yet though!!

Split up from the "Other Woman" over a misunderstanding back then.
Thought she was lost to me, so carried on with life.
Until we met again back in April when I discovered that she had never stopped loving me.
I felt the same way and moved in with her in October.
Bliss.
Appreciate 1
JustChris12520.50

01-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #25
ZedsRedBaby
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDrPorkChop View Post
Not asking a foreign Belgian girl out I met on holiday
Ah, the old "girls I once knew" regret!

Around the time I met OH I was contacted out of the blue by a girl I'd been madly in love with at school. I made a few discrete inquiries and it seemed she'd piled on the pounds, got a serious drink problem, recently left her psycho husband and had a couple of teenage lads with severe behavioural issues.

I decided not to make contact.

I subsequently found out that none of this was true and the former classmate who'd told me is now happily married to her

But I don't regret sticking with OH
Appreciate 2
allachie91204.00
KRS_SN1810.00

01-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #26
Sennen
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Ah, the old "girls I once knew" regret!

Around the time I met OH I was contacted out of the blue by a girl I'd been madly in love with at school. I made a few discrete inquiries and it seemed she'd piled on the pounds, got a serious drink problem, recently left her psycho husband and had a couple of teenage lads with severe behavioural issues.

I decided not to make contact.

I subsequently found out that none of this was true and the former classmate who'd told me is now happily married to her

But I don't regret sticking with OH
Have you got her telephone number please Zed
Appreciate 4
allachie91204.00
Harryg255.00

01-24-2021, 09:30 AM   #27
ZedsRedBaby
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Have you got her telephone number please Zed
Last time I rang it her Dad told me I'd got no chance. Mind you, that was nearly 40 years ago
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:33 AM   #28
Sennen
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Last time I rang it her Dad told me I'd got no chance. Mind you, that was nearly 40 years ago
I just thought Isleofwhyte might be interested
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #29
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
After all these years Watsey, I can't believe that's the first time I've heard that lottery story!

Nearest I ever got was on the fourth ever week of the lottery, when most folk would watch it live, sat there with my best mate and he got the first 3 numbers that came out. The excitement was incredible. To be half way there at one point, and just end up with a tenner is the biggest disappointment and anti-climax you can imagine. Till I read your story!
Well it's not something I like to dwell on ! Can you imagine...5.4M at age 35...life would have been 'different'.
Current : F31 330sD, DMS remap, XHPflashtune, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway Motorsports top mounts, SuperPro poly bushes, Quaife LSD, Stoptech Trophy front BBK / MSport rear discs and calipers, Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Eibach ARBs, Michelin P4S.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #30
JustChris
General
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Quote:
After all these years Watsey, I can't believe that's the first time I've heard that lottery story!

Nearest I ever got was on the fourth ever week of the lottery, when most folk would watch it live, sat there with my best mate and he got the first 3 numbers that came out. The excitement was incredible. To be half way there at one point, and just end up with a tenner is the biggest disappointment and anti-climax you can imagine. Till I read your story!
Well it's not something I like to dwell on ! Can you imagine...£5.4M at age 35...life would have been 'different'.
It was meant to be @Watsey somewhere in a parallel universe you pass away prematurely from severe gout and millionaire lifestyle excess.

🖖🏻 Live long and prosper
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #31
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

1. Not learning to cook until I was nearly 40

2. Not getting married, settling down and having kids until I was nearly 40

3. Not starting a pension until I was nearly 40

4. Not opting out of company car schemes until I was nearly 40

5. Not being able to remember what the fuck I did with all my time before I was 40
Appreciate 7
R0B1349.00
allachie91204.00
robbiep1436.50
KRS_SN1810.00

01-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #32
isleaiw1
Major General
Rep
Drives: RS4 / Mini Cooper 5 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
I just thought Isleofwhyte might be interested
Not my type thanks, so fill your boots!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:31 AM   #33
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

Not one for regretting much and turning 31 this year, live fairly care free and if it happens, happens, so be it, but i do have a few regrets that now time has moved on have opened my eyes.

1) Not trying with girl friends, mainly the last one, but draw back off living care free is it took very little for me to think "screw this" and just walk off... yeh, do regret that one.

2) Buying a house earlier and not waiting untill i was 25 to get on the property market, more just a money thing so i dont regret it "that" much, but spending 100k on a race car from 21-25 seems like i would of been in a much better position but meh cant race a house haha!

3) Concerts - seems an odd one but i was never one for going to concerts and being surounded by people i didnt know/or like haha. But the older bands arent touring anymore and iv missed that which sucks, and after last year im really wondering if there is ever going to be another "tomorrowland" with the same mass crowd you would expect in this post covid-19 world... yeh wish i had gone to at least one of them.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #34
Bryans69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 540i Touring, MGB Roadster

Garage List
I guess when you look back, there is bunch of stuff you'd do differently.

But there are only two things I really regret

First, when I was 19, not taking up my then girlfriend's comment that she would be up for a threesome. Not a chance in hell of that offer every happening again, but if it does I definitely won't make that mistake again.

Second was the circumstances in which I split with my first wife. We were young, she'd just lost her father, and although we'd be friends for many years, turns out we didn't have much in common. This, together with the strain of her dad being ill, I ended up seeing someone else. I don't regret splitting, as love my now wife (not the other woman at the time), the kids and the life I have, but the way it happened caused a lot of pain to a lot of people who deserved better.

Possible number three will be thinking that I really am capable of fitting a V8 into an MGB. We can come back to that in a couple of years when I'm ebaying "unfinished project"
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #35
ZedsRedBaby
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans69 View Post
First, when I was 19, not taking up my then girlfriend's comment that she would be up for a threesome. Not a chance in hell of that offer every happening again, but if it does I definitely won't make that mistake again.
Do bear in mind Bryan, that threesomes with your girlfriend come in two distinctly different flavours
Appreciate 4
Scoobyd484.50
G50348.50

01-24-2021, 01:18 PM   #36
erickonphoenix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gray 328xi Touring

1. A third donut
2. A sixth scotch
3. My last hand of poker
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #37
Bryans69
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Do bear in mind Bryan, that threesomes with your girlfriend come in two distinctly different flavours
Annoyingly, she'd been quite clear what sort she was talking about
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:29 PM   #38
ZedsRedBaby
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans69 View Post
Annoyingly, she'd been quite clear what sort she was talking about
Ah well, look on the bright side, she might have decided you were surplus to requirements
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #39
Bryans69
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah well, look on the bright side, she might have decided you were surplus to requirements
Now I'm married with kids, that's definitely the case
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #40
Chappers 71
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
Investing most of my money on cars, women, drink & drugs as a young man instead of 'wasting' it on property or saving it.

Selling my e34 M5 19 years ago.

Not staying in & watching tv instead of going out the night I met my wife 21 years ago.

E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:21 PM   #41
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Only one for me
Going to Africa for work which took 12 months to get in then once there my dad falling ill and died could not get clearances and they stipulated my wife would have to stop there time I was away attending funeral in UK couldnt make it time so I missed the funeral.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #42
dazzapb
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Regrets :

Not paying for my lottery numbers for a year in advance when I went travelling.

I found out that I'd 'got' the jackpot when I was in a hostel in South Africa and would have won £5.4M.

True story.

Apart from that, nothing that's scarred me. Sometimes you do well; sometimes you fuck up; life's a journey...

My wife's father got 5 numbers and the 6th was 1 away (irrelevant that bit but we are human )

Got a few grand. Irony is that on this occasion he would have been better off with the bonus ball as the jackpot would have been less than a million.
Appreciate 0