F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > b58 engine replacement recall
Extreme Powerhouse

02-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #23
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtl1125 View Post
and I've been thinking about what they can do for the inconvenience. they did put me in a 535i X drive executive package as a loaner. The service rep keeps pushing how it's a better car and I should be happy I get to cruise around in it for the price of my 340 but if I had it my way I'd be driving my car and not theres. so it seems to me he wants me to feel that they're doing me a favor as to not ask for anything else.
How are you inconvenienced? You have a car to drive. It may or may not tickle your fancy, but at the end of the day you're paying $XXX/mo. for a car that's worth $YYk, but you're driving a car that's worth $ZZk. They could have just as easily put you in a 128i or 320i and satisfied the requirement to provide transportation. Don't get greedy. They ARE doing you a favor.

To put things in perspective, imagine what the folks who were waiting for their M5s and M6s went through a few years back. They WERE inconvenienced since they obviously didn't have access to loaners anywhere close to what they bought:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/09/21/bm...il-pump-issue/
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #24
Buzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MT 244'80 V70R'07 Golf R'19

My car is going through VPC as we speak. If it is going to be delayed it might be a tell tale.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #25
dtl1125
Private
Rep
Drives: dark grey metallic 340i xdrive

they're not doing me any favors. it's in their best interest to keep me satisfied or lose me as a customer. they also don't know what lengths I'll take to make sure others don't shop there either. I'm not complaining and I'm well aware they've tried accommodating me by putting me in a "nice" car since I'm out of my car for at least 3 weeks. it should be their duty to do so being that it's not my fault this happened.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00
      02-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #26
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Put your VIN in here www.bmwvin.com to get the build date.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #27
dtl1125
Private
Rep

I love the car and had nothing but a great experience when getting the car, from the deal process to picking it up. this is merely just conversation
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #28
dtl1125
Private
Rep

my build was august 8th, 2015
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #29
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
How are you inconvenienced? You have a car to drive. It may or may not tickle your fancy, but at the end of the day you're paying $XXX/mo. for a car that's worth $YYk, but you're driving a car that's worth $ZZk. They could have just as easily put you in a 128i or 320i and satisfied the requirement to provide transportation. Don't get greedy. They ARE doing you a favor.

To put things in perspective, imagine what the folks who were waiting for their M5s and M6s went through a few years back. They WERE inconvenienced since they obviously didn't have access to loaners anywhere close to what they bought:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/09/21/bm...il-pump-issue/
+1

Quote:
they're not doing me any favors. it's in their best interest to keep me satisfied or lose me as a customer. they also don't know what lengths I'll take to make sure others don't shop there either. I'm not complaining and I'm well aware they've tried accommodating me by putting me in a "nice" car since I'm out of my car for at least 3 weeks. it should be their duty to do so being that it's not my fault this happened.
Sorry, greedy is the word that applies here. Try not to be that guy.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #30
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Don't be a greedy bitch.

Honestly.

You're being an asshole saying "I'm the customer, I deserve this and that"

Chill the fuck out, those people are human too and it's not the dealership fault that they just found out about the recall, and they're trying their best to make you happy.

It's people like you who give the brand a bad name.

Shit happens, cars get recalled.

You are very lucky they didn't give you a 320i or something.
Appreciate 6
      02-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #31
dtl1125
Private
Rep

lol you people are funny. keep em coming cuz I'm laughing my ass off. why defend the coorperation. they make tons of money as it is. we as a customer should expect the best and when we don't, we have all the right to complain. it's those who sit there with their mouths shut and sitting on your hands that will continue to get played and allow the world to take advantage of you.

they had me in a 228i convertible at first and then moved me to the 535. they recognized that I'd be out of the car for quite some time and did me the service of upgrading me. I told them I appreciated it and we move on. now if I can get something more out of it then hell, why not.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #32
jd_perspective
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Don't be a greedy bitch.

Honestly.

Chill the fuck out, those people are human too and it's not the dealership fault that they just found out about the recall, and they're trying their best to make you happy.

yes cars get recalled.. but a new engine in a brand new car. I would be demanding a lot as well. Yes it's great the dealer put him in a nicer loaner, which is great the OP should thank the dealer for being accommodating. However, BMWNA should be going above and beyond on this... It's really at that level not the dealers.

Personally, lease or buy, I would be demanding a new car! But this is me who came from dealing with a prior car's 4 new transmissions in a brand new vehicle (not BMW) and ultimately had to go through lemon law to get resolution.

2019 440i Coupe M-Sport - Retired
2018 330i Sedan M-Sport - Retired
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport - Retired
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #33
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
lol you people are funny. keep em coming cuz I'm laughing my ass off. why defend the coorperation. they make tons of money as it is. we as a customer should expect the best and when we don't, we have all the right to complain. it's those who sit there with their mouths shut and sitting on your hands that will continue to get played and allow the world to take advantage of you.

they had me in a 228i convertible at first and then moved me to the 535. they recognized that I'd be out of the car for quite some time and did me the service of upgrading me. I told them I appreciated it and we move on. now if I can get something more out of it then hell, why not.
Obviously you haven't worked a single day in your life in the automotive industry, holy shit are you ignorant.

This is why BMW gets branded as assholes, they have the worst customers, thinking just because they own a semi expensive car, they deserve the best of everything.

We complain when it warrants a complaint, your situation does not. You're just being greedy and taking advantage.

This is why this generation is fucked.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #34
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl_ent_v6
Quote:
Don't be a greedy bitch.

Honestly.

yes cars get recalled.. but a new engine in a brand new car. I would be demanding a lot as well. Yes it's great the dealer put him in a nicer loaner, which is great the OP should thank the dealer for being accommodating. However, BMWNA should be going above and beyond on this... It's really at that level not the dealers.

Personally, lease or buy, I would be demanding a new car! But this is me who came from dealing with a prior car's 4 new transmissions in a brand new vehicle (not BMW) and ultimately had to go through lemon law to get resolution.
Exactly. This is a corporate issue at this point. Dealer did good by OP to get him in a suitable car, but I would still take BMWNA to task.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #35
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:

To use an overplayed cliche - shit happens. The "corporation" did nothing malicious or intentional. Frankly, they did the exact opposite by owning up to a defect and proactively correcting it when you didn't even have a clue there was an issue in the first place. They could have easily let is slide and left you to deal with it down the road. Your tone and intentions come across as entitled which is not at all flattering. You've hardly been "taken advantage of". Get over yourself.
Appreciate 2
      02-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #36
dtl1125
Private
Rep

interesting. I may contact BMWNA and see what they say if anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #37
Buzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MT 244'80 V70R'07 Golf R'19

Quote:
Obviously you haven't worked a single day in your life in the automotive industry, holy shit are you ignorant.

This is why BMW gets branded as assholes, they have the worst customers, thinking just because they own a semi expensive car, they deserve the best of everything.

We complain when it warrants a complaint, your situation does not. You're just being greedy and taking advantage.

This is why this generation is fucked.
Generalizations, generalizations. If you don't have anything substantive to add then don't.
I thank the OP for reporting something substantive on this forum, namely his B58 engine being replaced under recall.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #38
dtl1125
Private
Rep

lol there you go defending corporate again. it's their obligation to do so. that's what we've decided, as a society, is their responsibility. plus it's a lease, so they're going to want the car in tip top condition when they get it back. and if something was to go wrong with the engine, let's say catastrophic, then they could be facing a massive lawsuit. I don't understand why, as the people....the customer....you wouldn't always demand the best.

and what about the next person who gets this car. again I preface this with I don't know much about cars, but you've now replaced the engine that wasn't originally manufactured with the car. does that effect things....I don't know but I bet nothing will be under warranty at that point when it does
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 12:45 PM   #39
dtl1125
Private
Rep

my build date is august 8th 2015
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #40
crono06
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i and 2018 X3

Quote:
lol there you go defending corporate again. it's their obligation to do so. that's what we've decided, as a society, is their responsibility. plus it's a lease, so they're going to want the car in tip top condition when they get it back. and if something was to go wrong with the engine, let's say catastrophic, then they could be facing a massive lawsuit. I don't understand why, as the people....the customer....you wouldn't always demand the best.

and what about the next person who gets this car. again I preface this with I don't know much about cars, but you've now replaced the engine that wasn't originally manufactured with the car. does that effect things....I don't know but I bet nothing will be under warranty at that point when it does
It will still be under factory warranty. Not sure if it will be eligible for CPO down the road when you turn it in though.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #41
dtl1125
Private
Rep

I feel like we're getting away from the point here. my original post was just to find out if anyone else is facing this issue and what their service reps said in reference to the engine replacement. I know mine said that it's VIN specific.

I also wanted to make others who have a 340 aware that this happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #42
1Northcar
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive Convertible

Sometimes manufacturers have "voluntary" recalls that are outside of the official recalls. Sounds like that may be what is in play here since no one (including the OP) got a notice.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #43
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Was your car a Germany or South Africa assembly? Not that it should matter, since I think the engines themselves are all assembled in germany if I'm not mistaken.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #44
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
it's those who sit there with their mouths shut and sitting on your hands that will continue to get played and allow the world to take advantage of you.
And now I'm laughing.