F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *** bootmod3 for BMW B58 - Now Available ***
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #67
Halim@HCP
First Lieutenant
Halim@HCP's Avatar
Denmark
658
Rep
364
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
That is fair..I'm definitely not trashing the tune at all. Just curious why it can't hit targets throughout most of the rev range at 100% throttle. Seems people are loving the smoothness though.
This is 91 octane. Not an aggressive timing curve.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #68
bacon_45
Private
39
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i BM3 FBO
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, for some reason when I go to flash and put in my activation key it says "dme support still in progress" any idea here? I've contacted PTF but no word back, I wanted to tune my car for mexico runs tonight
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #69
G.Newt
Captain
308
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: B58 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: CO -> TX

iTrader: (0)

Is a Stage 2 91 octane tune safe for us at 5,000+ feet elevation?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #70
ScubaJ813
Enlisted Member
27
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i Xdrive Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Two major questions.

1) Does the standard stage 2 93o improve burbles? Sounds like I may not want to do the aggressive one. I want more but not overkill.

2) I have Dinan S1 piggyback... can I just put it in bypass or do I need to completely remove it prior to flashing?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #71
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaJ813 View Post
Two major questions.

1) Does the standard stage 2 93o improve burbles? Sounds like I may not want to do the aggressive one. I want more but not overkill.

2) I have Dinan S1 piggyback... can I just put it in bypass or do I need to completely remove it prior to flashing?
I put mine in by pass and the 93 one by itself will be good for burbles you can customize it and the agresisve one is legit insane Iím going to upload it on YouTube real quick
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #72
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 2
      04-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #73
fsugatorbait
Banned
39
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Having issues getting the agent to recognize the car. Went through the troubleshooting guide on PTFs website; unplugged battery, checked cable and network settings on computer which show a positive connection with the car and still no luck. Anyone have any such ways to get past this?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #74
FSociety
Follow Me on IG @BMW_F9X
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3564
Rep
7,440
Posts

Drives: F98 X4MC, F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait View Post
Having issues getting the agent to recognize the car. Went through the troubleshooting guide on PTFs website; unplugged battery, checked cable and network settings on computer which show a positive connection with the car and still no luck. Anyone have any such ways to get past this?
Pretty sure you have firewall blocking connectivity
__________________
F98 X4M Custom STG1 1/4m 10.61@130.92 60-130 7.5 1st WR
TristateBM3 STG2-- 1/4m -- 60-130: 7.3 -- 0-100mph: 10.18

IG: @bmw_F9X

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #75
Ahanix
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Utah, United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait View Post
Having issues getting the agent to recognize the car. Went through the troubleshooting guide on PTFs website; unplugged battery, checked cable and network settings on computer which show a positive connection with the car and still no luck. Anyone have any such ways to get past this?
Is your firewall on your computer still on?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #76
fsugatorbait
Banned
39
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2019 X3 M40
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahanix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait View Post
Having issues getting the agent to recognize the car. Went through the troubleshooting guide on PTFs website; unplugged battery, checked cable and network settings on computer which show a positive connection with the car and still no luck. Anyone have any such ways to get past this?
Is your firewall on your computer still on?
I checked that and deleted the managed antivirus. Will try another laptop tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #77
CP911
Major
United_States
867
Rep
1,200
Posts

Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NW Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Will stage 2/catless still pass OBDII emissions testing since the CEL for catalytic monitoring can be disabled?
__________________
CP911
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #78
ScubaJ813
Enlisted Member
27
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i Xdrive Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97h View Post
Thank you! Yeah that is insane!

Super helpful.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #79
B58togo
Major
723
Rep
1,234
Posts

Drives: M240i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaJ813 View Post
Two major questions.

1) Does the standard stage 2 93o improve burbles? Sounds like I may not want to do the aggressive one. I want more but not overkill.

2) I have Dinan S1 piggyback... can I just put it in bypass or do I need to completely remove it prior to flashing?
I would remove it. I'm pulling my JB4 completely before flashing.
__________________
2017 M240i AW/ ZF8/ BM3 E40 Johnson tuned/ Dorch Stg.1 HPFP/ xHP Stage 3/ ER catless DP/ Remus axle back/ BMS intake/ M Performance LSD 11.6 @ 122 mph
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #80
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
I would remove it. I'm pulling my JB4 completely before flashing.
I put it in bypass itís working good for me so far Iím going to remove it this weekend however
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:22 PM   #81
G.Newt
Captain
308
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: B58 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: CO -> TX

iTrader: (0)

Hmm, I can't get a WiFi signal where my car is parked. Has anyone done this by hotspotting from their phone to the laptop?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #82
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
3316
Rep
4,327
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Finally flashed and it was a pretty painless process. I stuck with Stage 1 93 octane for now. I followed Bryan_KiesMotorsports guide on youtube. Initial flash took 5m08s. I got a few warnings for parking sensors, brakes, and a drivetrain malfunction, but all cleared themselves when I turned the car on.

I was honestly surprised at how awkward the lack of cold start was haha. I'm sure I"ll get used to it.

Also, I guess I missed it before but I didn't know we have boost by gear options??! I can't wait to see how necessary that will be
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram/Youtube/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #83
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
Hmm, I can't get a WiFi signal where my car is parked. Has anyone done this by hotspotting from their phone to the laptop?
Yes I performed mine like that
Appreciate 1
G.Newt307.50

      04-03-2019, 11:35 PM   #84
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Finally flashed and it was a pretty painless process. I stuck with Stage 1 93 octane for now. I followed Bryan_KiesMotorsports guide on youtube. Initial flash took 5m08s. I got a few warnings for parking sensors, brakes, and a drivetrain malfunction, but all cleared themselves when I turned the car on.

I was honestly surprised at how awkward the lack of cold start was haha. I'm sure I"ll get used to it.

Also, I guess I missed it before but I didn't know we have boost by gear options??! I can't wait to see how necessary that will be
Ya the no cold start was weird and cool same time and mine took like 3 minutes
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:41 PM   #85
Ahanix
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
214
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Utah, United States

iTrader: (0)

Flashed tonight as well (Stage 1 91). First flash failed (think it was due to firewall issues, or internet connectivity, my internet sucks here) but I also think the file ended up being corrupt. I flashed and immediately got trans issue notification on startup. Decided to go through and do diagnostic flash and everything was smooth sailing from there.

First thing I noticed is that Comfort Mode actually felt reasonable. I don't know about others but I've never been able to "Comfortably" hang out in Comfort mode because of the pedal lag after a stop and just overall lack of engagement in normal city driving. I immediately noticed when driving out of my house that Comfort mode felt like a nice "standard" for the car and I feel I can finally use it for about 90% of my regular driving.

Sport Mode is just Sport mode turned up to 11. The old "Push the Pedal down and break your neck" has turned into "Push the pedal down and get shoved back into your seat all the way to redline" Everything is just smooth as butter, and the car just keeps going, and going and going.

Sport + Is just insane, this car is completely different in Sport +. It's a good thing I've got a radar detector because I could see myself getting into a lot of trouble with how much faster the car is. This thing is a beast and I can't wait to get into Stage 2
Appreciate 3
kern4173315.50
G.Newt307.50
Wires705.50

      04-04-2019, 12:06 AM   #86
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahanix View Post
Flashed tonight as well (Stage 1 91). First flash failed (think it was due to firewall issues, or internet connectivity, my internet sucks here) but I also think the file ended up being corrupt. I flashed and immediately got trans issue notification on startup. Decided to go through and do diagnostic flash and everything was smooth sailing from there.

First thing I noticed is that Comfort Mode actually felt reasonable. I don't know about others but I've never been able to "Comfortably" hang out in Comfort mode because of the pedal lag after a stop and just overall lack of engagement in normal city driving. I immediately noticed when driving out of my house that Comfort mode felt like a nice "standard" for the car and I feel I can finally use it for about 90% of my regular driving.

Sport Mode is just Sport mode turned up to 11. The old "Push the Pedal down and break your neck" has turned into "Push the pedal down and get shoved back into your seat all the way to redline" Everything is just smooth as butter, and the car just keeps going, and going and going.

Sport + Is just insane, this car is completely different in Sport +. It's a good thing I've got a radar detector because I could see myself getting into a lot of trouble with how much faster the car is. This thing is a beast and I can't wait to get into Stage 2
I feel you brother the tune is extremely smooth and comfort even felt louder for me too
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 12:15 AM   #87
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
226
Rep
933
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin TX

iTrader: (0)

Who's got the Stage 2 with a DP yet?
Appreciate 1
Powaup1136.50

      04-04-2019, 12:23 AM   #88
eric97h
Bmw340i Mppsk, bm3 tune,vrsf downpipe dinan intake
United_States
47
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: Bmw 340i fbo
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1980mac View Post
Who's got the Stage 2 with a DP yet?
Me I have stage 2 93 octane !! With agg mppk and vrsf catted downpipe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bm3, bootmod3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST