F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > XHP Trans Tune - Experiences and reviews?
proTUNING Freaks

05-20-2020, 08:35 PM   #67
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
Quick question - has anybody used the MHD Wifi Adaptor option to flash XHP Trans tune? The pamphlet seems to say that you can use Apple products for the flash, but the mhd wifi adaptor says you can only use an android. Just curious if I can buy the MHD Wifi adaptor and use my apple products and call it a day rather than getting the android device, obd/dcan, and usb/otg cable.
I used the MHD black adapter with XHP on an iphone 11. Works very well.
Appreciate 1
yokata156.00
      05-29-2020, 10:51 AM   #68
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

Does anyone have any data on 60ft or 0-60 times before/after XHP?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #69
340ix17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 340i xdrive w/ MPPSK, BM3

Looks like I'll be trying this out in the near future, just purchased THOR and will grab the license/maps when it arrives.

Would love to hear feedback from any who have this with 340i xdrive and BM3 tune.

I'm just hoping this resolves all the 'nannies' I feel when driving around town. I purchased the MPPSK and BM3 (stage 1) hoping to give the car a more aggressive feel, it has in some ways, but the car still feels like it's holding back a lot of potential. Maybe I'm just being unrealistic with my expectations.

If I were anywhere besides MA dealing with strict emissions laws, I'd have a DP and Stage 2, but I'm not dealing with those headaches of removing it annually for inspections.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 06:11 PM   #70
Solid67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive MP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340ix17 View Post
Looks like I'll be trying this out in the near future, just purchased THOR and will grab the license/maps when it arrives.

Would love to hear feedback from any who have this with 340i xdrive and BM3 tune.

I'm just hoping this resolves all the 'nannies' I feel when driving around town. I purchased the MPPSK and BM3 (stage 1) hoping to give the car a more aggressive feel, it has in some ways, but the car still feels like it's holding back a lot of potential. Maybe I'm just being unrealistic with my expectations.

If I were anywhere besides MA dealing with strict emissions laws, I'd have a DP and Stage 2, but I'm not dealing with those headaches of removing it annually for inspections.
I have a m240i xdrive but its all the same. You can see my mods in my sig but I have BM3 and using xHP and its the only way to go. You dont want any tq limiters preventing you from putting the power out. xHP also by itself shaved off about .3 - .4 secs of my 0-60 with no other changes. That's with custom launch control settings. Once you get it, go Stg 3 and don't look back. I started with stg 2 and drove it for 1-2k miles and then switched to stg 3 which I've been on for 13-14k miles.

It's funny that you mention MA emissions because I was just talking to my cousin who is thinking of purchasing a car. He's interested in BMW and in the B58 because of me. He also lives in Boston and told me how shitty the emissions laws are there, so he's going to register his car in CT which is where his family lives.

I didn't get to ask my cousin what your emissions test entailed. Here in VA its OBDII check and only 1 O2 sensor has to show as ready. There is no sniffer test or visual inspection. I bought my car last year and since it was new there was no emission test needed. I put on a dp right after 5k miles. I had to re-register my car last month and I was thinking I needed to put on an O2 fooler because an emissions test is needed as part of registration. However, when I went online to look at the information it said I didn't need an emissions test since the car was still considered new. I was also given an option to register the car for 3 years which I did. So basically I'm emissions-free for the next 3 years which is plenty of time since I'll most likely have moved on to another car. One of the only major perks I guess of buying a new car at least here in VA.

I was going to say would a catted DP be allowed in MA?
2019 M240i M Performance Edition / xDrive / ZF8 / BM3 Stg 2+ E30 / xHP Stg 3 / Dorch Stg 2 HPFP / Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe / MPPSK Exhaust / FTP Drop in Filter / FTP Intake Pipe / FTP Chargepipe / NGK 94201 Spark Plugs .022 / Michelin PS4S - 225/35/19 + 245/30/19
Appreciate 1
340ix1743.00
      05-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #71
2013mingrey335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

How is the stage 3 drivability for around town in comfort mode in regular d mode as well?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #72
340ix17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 340i xdrive w/ MPPSK, BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid67 View Post
I have a m240i xdrive but its all the same. You can see my mods in my sig but I have BM3 and using xHP and its the only way to go. You dont want any tq limiters preventing you from putting the power out. xHP also by itself shaved off about .3 - .4 secs of my 0-60 with no other changes. That's with custom launch control settings. Once you get it, go Stg 3 and don't look back. I started with stg 2 and drove it for 1-2k miles and then switched to stg 3 which I've been on for 13-14k miles.

It's funny that you mention MA emissions because I was just talking to my cousin who is thinking of purchasing a car. He's interested in BMW and in the B58 because of me. He also lives in Boston and told me how shitty the emissions laws are there, so he's going to register his car in CT which is where his family lives.

I didn't get to ask my cousin what your emissions test entailed. Here in VA its OBDII check and only 1 O2 sensor has to show as ready. There is no sniffer test or visual inspection. I bought my car last year and since it was new there was no emission test needed. I put on a dp right after 5k miles. I had to re-register my car last month and I was thinking I needed to put on an O2 fooler because an emissions test is needed as part of registration. However, when I went online to look at the information it said I didn't need an emissions test since the car was still considered new. I was also given an option to register the car for 3 years which I did. So basically I'm emissions-free for the next 3 years which is plenty of time since I'll most likely have moved on to another car. One of the only major perks I guess of buying a new car at least here in VA.

I was going to say would a catted DP be allowed in MA?
Thank you, this is exactly the type of info I was looking for. Btw, you have the car I've been drooling over, test drove it and came very close to buying it (and still have regrets). It's just a difficult compromise giving up 2 doors (been there before with a 350Z). I'm glad you at least you can rest easy for 3 years or so, I'm hoping to get out of MA in the near future but for now I'm stuck playing the game.

It's been some time since I dug into the regs here, but believe inspections involve 5 cameras in every inspection bay which Big Brother (RMV) can monitor in real time as they please. Penalties are stiff, so inspectors have very little 'wiggle room' for passing cars with obvious modifications. Here is a decent overview. Excerpt from that article:

"Cats aren't the only concern. The law is that emission/evaporator systems can't be modified. No EGR removal, no cold air intakes, no forced induction mods. I'm guessing that CARB exempt systems are still OK, but no actual statements about that, so as far as anyone knows this state could be tougher than California. And that applies to all vehicles ever."

Granted, it's been a few years now since the inspection laws went into effect, but this is the reason I never went stage 2 with my last car (WRX) and why I paid out the extra clams for the MPPSK through the dealer, it just gets to a point where the cost and risk are just not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 02:37 PM   #73
yokata
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mingrey335i View Post
How is the stage 3 drivability for around town in comfort mode in regular d mode as well?
Its very nice and smooth only difference is you can see at which gear you are and sport+ and trans in sport changes everything its like u have two different cars, go for it guys In sport plus it shifts like horse kick the car from the back i love it (idk how healthy it is)
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 01:28 AM   #74
MasterFloody
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Guh. Just bought the xHP license and map pack...gotta wait for the dang THOR though. Can't wait to try this out.
Trying to hit the drag strip 7 days from now. Gonna try with and with out the tune.
      07-11-2020, 08:09 AM   #75
Devil doc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokata View Post
Its very nice and smooth only difference is you can see at which gear you are and sport+ and trans in sport changes everything its like u have two different cars, go for it guys In sport plus it shifts like horse kick the car from the back i love it (idk how healthy it is)
Did the confort level change for the better? The stock trans tune (confort setting) tries to keep you from downshifting in traffic, and you really have to press the gas in order to cycle gears. I just wanted to know if there was an improvement in this area. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:11 AM   #76
yokata
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil doc View Post
Quote:
Did the confort level change for the better? The stock trans tune (confort setting) tries to keep you from downshifting in traffic, and you really have to press the gas in order to cycle gears. I just wanted to know if there was an improvement in this area. Thanks
Comfort mode is same only u can see on which gear u are.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:16 AM   #77
Devil doc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Oh ok ok, I wish The confort Setting was more willing to downshift like the sport setting. How long does the flash take? I got the MHD wifi connector a few weeks ago but I keep forgetting to do the trans flash
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #78
yokata
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh ok ok, I wish The confort Setting was more willing to downshift like the sport setting. How long does the flash take? I got the MHD wifi connector a few weeks ago but I keep forgetting to do the trans flash
Bro its supposed to be comfort in comfort mode if u want to be more aggressive just drive in sport/sport+ all time...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 08:36 AM   #79
Devil doc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Bro its supposed to be comfort in comfort mode if u want to be more aggressive just drive in sport/sport+ all time...
Lol, I need to find out if the car be coded to have the sport setting on default when you start it up then. Was the flashIng quick though?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #80
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

it does say it recodes comfort to make it less labouring on the engine...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #81
yokata
Second Lieutenant
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Lol, I need to find out if the car be coded to have the sport setting on default when you start it up then. Was the flashIng quick though?
I really dont remember but with the new wifi mhd adaptor should be fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 12:07 AM   #82
Aldor27
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
On stage 3, looking to go back down to stage 2 and take off M throttle blips. I don't remember if the M throttle Blips are detrimental to the transmission but the jolt from the car doesnt seem good.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #83
aleki75
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xDrive, 2016 335i GT

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can provide me some feedback on the following.
I recently flashed Stage 3 on my 2018 440i xDrive coupe. I like it very much, for the most part. The only thing that I noticed is hard jerk/thump when car automatically downshifts in S mode from 2nd gear to 1st gear (in all modes but especially noticeable in sport+ mode). When car is in comfort mode it is less pronounced, but still there. Is there any way to change this and soften it a bit, especially in sport and sport+ mode. My worry is that this aggressive downshift from 2nd to 1st gear might have some detrimental effect on the transmission. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #84
OzBMR
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleki75 View Post
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can provide me some feedback on the following.
I recently flashed Stage 3 on my 2018 440i xDrive coupe. I like it very much, for the most part. The only thing that I noticed is hard jerk/thump when car automatically downshifts in S mode from 2nd gear to 1st gear (in all modes but especially noticeable in sport+ mode). When car is in comfort mode it is less pronounced, but still there. Is there any way to change this and soften it a bit, especially in sport and sport+ mode. My worry is that this aggressive downshift from 2nd to 1st gear might have some detrimental effect on the transmission. Thanks.
Set it to always start in 2nd gear will fix that issue for all D modes
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #85
Solid67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Stg 3 users who drive with DSC off and using manual mode, do you find shifting from M1 to M2 rough/jerky no matter what rpm you shift at? It's something I've noticed now that I drive a lot more with DSC off/manual mode. Nothing to drive you crazy, but slightly annoying. At this point, I start in M2 to avoid the 1-2 shift.
2019 M240i M Performance Edition / xDrive / ZF8 / BM3 Stg 2+ E30 / xHP Stg 3 / Dorch Stg 2 HPFP / Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe / MPPSK Exhaust / FTP Drop in Filter / FTP Intake Pipe / FTP Chargepipe / NGK 94201 Spark Plugs .022 / Michelin PS4S - 225/35/19 + 245/30/19
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #86
AleksanderSuave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240iX Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid67 View Post
Stg 3 users who drive with DSC off and using manual mode, do you find shifting from M1 to M2 rough/jerky no matter what rpm you shift at? It's something I've noticed now that I drive a lot more with DSC off/manual mode. Nothing to drive you crazy, but slightly annoying. At this point, I start in M2 to avoid the 1-2 shift.
Isnt there a setting in XHP to basically always start in 2nd?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #87
Solid67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
Isnt there a setting in XHP to basically always start in 2nd?
There is and I have it on for D mode, but not for S. I still want to access launch control.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #88
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

So does can BMW dealer see the XHP tune?
Appreciate 0