F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 4 Series Gran Coupe Harmon Kardon Rear Speaker Disturbance
proTUNING Freaks

09-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #1
saladdays
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430D F36 Gran Coupe

4 Series Gran Coupe Harmon Kardon Rear Speaker Disturbance

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had any issues with the speakers behind the rear seats in their 4 Series GCs?

I've taken the car to the dealership about 6 times for the issue, already and they've replaced two speakers. But the problem is still there and they're not being very helpful. At a bit of a loss with the dealership so thought I'd see if anyone here has had the same issue or knows a cure for it.

When playing certain songs, at around 60/70% volume, something seems to cause a rattle like sound. When I apply pressure to the plastic around the speaker it seems to stop. Makes me seem to think that I need to apply some felt tape somewhere, but I'm not too sure where the best point would be!

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

The grills are rattling. Put Dynamat or similar material around the inside of the grill. Search for "rattling grills" for details, it is a known issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladdays View Post
Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had any issues with the speakers behind the rear seats in their 4 Series GCs?

I've taken the car to the dealership about 6 times for the issue, already and they've replaced two speakers. But the problem is still there and they're not being very helpful. At a bit of a loss with the dealership so thought I'd see if anyone here has had the same issue or knows a cure for it.

When playing certain songs, at around 60/70% volume, something seems to cause a rattle like sound. When I apply pressure to the plastic around the speaker it seems to stop. Makes me seem to think that I need to apply some felt tape somewhere, but I'm not too sure where the best point would be!

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Try vinyl mastic on the inside of the door liner.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noico-deade...kle_mcd_asin_1

As long as you've got the liners off cover as much of them as you can, avoiding the mounting clips, which will reduce road noise transmission through the doors.
Appreciate 0