F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > OBD Flash Tune From Active Autowerke **No ECU REMOVAL REQUIRED**
ARMA SPEED

01-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Sorry been a long week. Where do I see pricing ? Could you please explain in detail. How much for Simon. How much for the maps. What maps do I get. Etc.

Please explain tuner flash removal.

Can you give us background in Aa. They are German right ? How long been in biz. How long making maps.

Cel delete for dp?
Hi,
I will send you a pm with price (you can also get the coupon code from my signature)
Tune does delete the CEL from downpipes

Here some info about Active

Brothers Mike and Karl Hugh were bred to play with power, it seems. As young men growing up on an island, doing things correctly for oneself became their ingrained credo. Their adolescent projects – bicycles and dirt bikes – were always the best performing. And that soon set the tone for the BMW tuning hobby they graduated to.

By 1981, Mike and Karl were ready to get serious about their longstanding passion for a higher standard of BMW performance. Active Autowerke was born. Their motto at the time: "Anything and Everything BMW". They probably should have included “everyone” in there, too – since the endeavor was a classic family affair – with many branches of the Hugh family tree pooling their talents.

The timing was ideal, and the company quickly grew as America’s motoring public developed a healthy appetite for the Bavarian treat. Soon Active Autowerke had grown into the largest independent BMW service center in Florida – with the most sophisticated equipment arsenal in the industry, certifications from leading componentry firms such as the Robert Bosch Corporation, and repute for setting the benchmark for service, integrity and professionalism.

But this was just the beginning of the story.

By late 1995, Karl realized precisely what the future was all about, as he focused the company back toward its purest roots: the addictive thrill of turning a fast BMW ... into a faster BMW. A BMW with aspirations far beyond the norm.

As a graduate of University of Miami School of Engineering with a specialty in Internal Combustion Engines, Karl began to work in earnest on this vision. In less than a year, working with some of the most respected professionals in automobile performance, the first Active Autowerke M3 & 325i Turbo Kits were born.

Many rave reviews and magazine articles later, these kits and their many successors since have become well known for their durability, clever bolt-on engineering, affordable pricing – and their ability to breathe fire into the everyday BMW and its owner. No longer a brand known just around Florida, today’s Active Autowerke is known worldwide for its line of flawlessly engineered and manufactured performance parts for the entire Beemer.

Yet this, it seems, is still just the middle of the story.

As new models and challenges continue to be born, Active Autowerke continues to invent – and deliver – world class, new ideas and innovations that make them run better. The Hugh brothers can’t help it. It’s been in their genes from the beginning.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #24
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

^^Good stuff. I am definitely interested.

It's such a moving target these days with the bm3 a proven winner. Mhd on the horizon with a cheaper solution.

I am under warranty and at a complete losss for what is detectable by the dealer and what isn't. The bench flash or obd or really neither. On your initial post you said it resets something. What's that mean
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 08:18 PM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
^^Good stuff. I am definitely interested.

It's such a moving target these days with the bm3 a proven winner. Mhd on the horizon with a cheaper solution.

I am under warranty and at a complete losss for what is detectable by the dealer and what isn't. The bench flash or obd or really neither. On your initial post you said it resets something. What's that mean
The counter that checks if ECU has been flashed

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 04:54 AM   #26
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Sorry been a long week. Where do I see pricing ? Could you please explain in detail. How much for Simon. How much for the maps. What maps do I get. Etc.

Please explain tuner flash removal.

Can you give us background in Aa. They are German right ? How long been in biz. How long making maps.

Cel delete for dp?
Yeah I know Im sounding like a shill Lmao, but as most here know that have been into tuning BMWs,
AA(ACTIVE AUTOWERKES) is an American company based in Miami Florida. Worldwide known as one of the best BMW vendors out there.They do all there engineering ,building and marketing in house. They are reputable and top-notch , Karl the owner is a class A guy. They have been doing this for years competing with Dinan and Turnermotorsports. To me AA and TMS have been the best.I have been to the AA facility and it will leave you speechless.
The main thing I like about Karl and his company is that they are there to assist you with their products at all times.
They don't try to BS you. You can't go wrong. You have a problem,you let them know ,they work on it asap,that is just one of the many reasons why I feel they have a great rep and that has been my experience with my two E36 M3's I had. I am pretty sure the other vendors are reputable Bootmod3,MHD,etc however Active has been doing this for years (software tuning) world wide! And for BMW NA as well.

Last edited by ceedawg; 01-27-2018 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #27
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

I just got the rest of my full bolt on from you guys. Looking at this, but wondering if there are any plans to have it link up to a cell phone for monitoring/logging/etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #28
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
I just got the rest of my full bolt on from you guys. Looking at this, but wondering if there are any plans to have it link up to a cell phone for monitoring/logging/etc.
You can do that with any OBDII app like e.g. Torque after the car has been flashed.
      01-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #29
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
You can do that with any OBDII app like e.g. Torque after the car has been flashed.
Kool good to know. But can you monitor/datalog AFR, Boost,throttle pos,timing,injector duty ,etc like on MHD and Bootmod3 ? I have a tablet just for that ,cell phone would be a little more convenient though.

Last edited by ceedawg; 01-27-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #30
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Kool good to know. But can you monitor/datalog AFR, Boost,throttle pos,timing,injector duty ,etc like on MHD and Bootmod3 ? I have a tablet just for that ,cell phone would be a little more convenient though.
Dont know with injector timing but all the other values I know for sure can be logged. I'll check that for you tomorrow. I have Torque Pro and Bootmod3. Use any Android device for logging.
      01-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #31
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Dont know with injector timing but all the other values I know for sure can be logged. I'll check that for you tomorrow. I have Torque Pro and Bootmod3. Use any Android device for logging.
Thanks man,please do let us know! Great to know!
      01-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #32
VT-man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
No you cannot use 2 flash tunes together
You can do flash + piggy
So let's say I have Mppk, I can't use MHD or BM3 along with it since they are flash tunes also?

Last edited by VT-man; 01-27-2018 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #33
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Interesting stuff here. I have a JB4 and have considered a flash but don't want to do the taking out ECU thing. Am wondering what would be the TOTAL gain with JB4 and say AA tune. Also wondering if it might be too much power in putting the power down---with e85 it's almost that way right now.
      01-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #34
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Interesting stuff here. I have a JB4 and have considered a flash but don't want to do the taking out ECU thing. Am wondering what would be the TOTAL gain with JB4 and say AA tune. Also wondering if it might be too much power in putting the power down---with e85 it's almost that way right now.
I dont have any dyno for both piggy used together.
Stacking the two will give Jb4 control over boost, AA flash will control everything else.

Jb4 will also have its failsafes working to protect your engine if anything goes wrong.

Stacking on BMW has always been proven to give the best results.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 12:23 PM   #35
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
I dont have any dyno for both piggy used together.
Stacking the two will give Jb4 control over boost, AA flash will control everything else.

Jb4 will also have its failsafes working to protect your engine if anything goes wrong.

Stacking on BMW has always been proven to give the best results.
How many psi boost does the flash alone allow the car to run and with the 80 hp gain, is this hp increase on a stock car Mike?
      01-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #36
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:

Can be done from home with the use of the Simon Cable.

You still have the option to send your ECU to Active direct if you do not wish to purchase the Simon Cable.

Active Autowerke offers unparalleled performance software. Through careful remapping of the factory BMW DME tables, various elements such as ignition timing, fuel delivery, and part throttles are reworked to create performance gains.
The Active Autowerke upgraded software is designed to operate with gasoline that has an average octane rating with full emissions to create a clean burning combustion with good AFR’s all within factory specifications.

Available Options:
  • Cold start delete
  • Stage 1 or Stage 2 maps for 91-93 octane
  • Off Road Only Downpipe Map
  • Burble Option
  • Tuner flag removal
  • OBD Flashing Option

Performance Specs:
  • Up to 80hp gains : Rear wheel HP measured on the dyno

This is an OBD flash tune, no need to remove the ECU

***EDIT***

Dyno from a customer.

Car mods: Catless Downpipe

Note: Car is using stock intercooler. Temps were going over 180 degrees on high RPM which caused the ECU to cut power.
A car with a quality aftermarket intercooler will make even more power on high RPM.

Flash Tune vs stock

Same customer, same day same car with Active A piggy.
Im posting this A8 dyno to showcase the power delivery difference between the Active flash and their piggy.

Active 8 Vs Stock
Stock? Correct! Other than DP
      01-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #37
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How many psi boost does the flash alone allow the car to run and with the 80 hp gain, is this hp increase on a stock car Mike?
Yes stock car (only downpipe)

I dont have the PSI figures, but since this is a flash tune PSI on its own does not mean much.
Same car can safely make more boost if ignition timing has been decreased and AFR raised for safety.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #38
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes stock car (only downpipe)

I dont have the PSI figures, but since this is a flash tune PSI on its own does not mean much.
Same car can safely make more boost if ignition timing has been decreased and AFR raised for safety.
Is the dyno crank hp or whp? 360?hp 420?tq
      01-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #39
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is the dyno crank hp or whp? 360?hp 420?tq
WHP

Stock car with Downpipe in that dyno is making ~280
So whithout the DP the HP will be ~270

This car is rated at 300 HP to the crank

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 03:32 AM   #40
ceedawg
Major
Rep

was
Quote:
WHP

Stock car with Downpipe in that dyno is making ~280
So whithout the DP the HP will be ~270

This car is rated at 300 HP to the crank
Definitely sweet numbers !
      01-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #41
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man,please do let us know! Great to know!
https://youtu.be/b8_GJ6Teko4
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 06:35 PM   #42
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
You can stack it but gains will be minimal. You still have physical limitations in the turbo and fuel pump. No software or electronic can change that. I would not recommend it unless its because you like the features of JB4.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 08:09 PM   #43
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep

Exclamation ECU removal required!

On their own webpage it says:

***Your ECU must be taken to an approved Active Autowerke F3X dealer for the initial flash, or it must be shipped to Active Autowerke before you are able to load our maps with a Simon 3 cable from your home.
So nothing new - this is also an ECU out/bootload/OBD unlock solution.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/co...oftware-tuning
      01-28-2018, 09:01 PM   #44
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
On their own webpage it says:

***Your ECU must be taken to an approved Active Autowerke F3X dealer for the initial flash, or it must be shipped to Active Autowerke before you are able to load our maps with a Simon 3 cable from your home.
So nothing new - this is also an ECU out/bootload/OBD unlock solution.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/co...oftware-tuning
Their website needs to be updated, thats for their bench flash tune.
You do not have to remove the ECU.

Appreciate 1
harkes1071.50