F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > VRSF Catted DP on 340i with MPPSK
Extreme Powerhouse

02-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
maatt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '18 340i MPPSK

VRSF Catted DP on 340i with MPPSK

Taking the plunge and getting round to finishing off the exterior sound system just looking for a few questions to be answered from anyone in the UK that has the same.

so pairing the VRSF catted 200cell downpipe with the MPPSK, is there a need for the o2 spacers?

when MOT time comes will it pass on emissions?

how obnoxious is it?

no need to post youtube clips since I've pretty much watched every single one!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #2
Vasumir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maatt View Post
Taking the plunge and getting round to finishing off the exterior sound system just looking for a few questions to be answered from anyone in the UK that has the same.

so pairing the VRSF catted 200cell downpipe with the MPPSK, is there a need for the o2 spacers?

when MOT time comes will it pass on emissions?

how obnoxious is it?

no need to post youtube clips since I've pretty much watched every single one!
I looked into these a while ago, before deciding to spend money on other things. Word of warning, I'm not sure the quality is necessarily that great on the vrsf.
Multiple people seemed to have problems with it, someone managed to destroy the cat on theirs... mind you the tune might have been responsible, but then I guess the idea is to tune the car if you're getting one.
Wagner seem to get recommended more, but they also cost more.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
maatt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasumir View Post
I looked into these a while ago, before deciding to spend money on other things. Word of warning, I'm not sure the quality is necessarily that great on the vrsf.
Multiple people seemed to have problems with it, someone managed to destroy the cat on theirs... mind you the tune might have been responsible, but then I guess the idea is to tune the car if you're getting one.
I believe the main complaint with the vrsf is the lack of a mount, the other option im keeping open was cg precisions.
as for tune wise, I don't really have any intention at present to do a stage 1 or 2, I did purchase MHD license, but mainly to reduce the burble duration.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Out of curiosity, since I am also considering a DP, why are you looking at VRSF specifically?
It does not strike me as a particularly good design, neither as a particularly good quality product... it does however appear quite cheap (from my 2min google research)...

Could be just me, but both VRSF and especially CG precision are barely known, at least in Europe...
      02-12-2020, 03:51 AM   #5
Vasumir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maatt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasumir View Post
I believe the main complaint with the vrsf is the lack of a mount, the other option im keeping open was cg precisions.
as for tune wise, I don't really have any intention at present to do a stage 1 or 2, I did purchase MHD license, but mainly to reduce the burble duration.
That is one of the main complaints yes and the stress it may put on other parts it's connected too. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know :

Here's a thread on the b58 forums that probably answers your question on the 02 spacer:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1688337
It also has a guy talking about destroying the cat in his.

Also that's probably a better forum than here to ask the questions, seems to be plenty of info from users. Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #6
maatt
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Out of curiosity, since I am also considering a DP, why are you looking at VRSF specifically?
It does not strike me as a particularly good design, neither as a particularly good quality product... it does however appear quite cheap (from my 2min google research)...

Could be just me, but both VRSF and especially CG precision are barely known, at least in Europe...
Price
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #7
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Got ya thought so