F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Wheel speed sensor issues?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-26-2024, 07:49 PM   #1
Hot-Sriracha
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i 2015

Hi all, really need some help. I have a 2015 428i. It’s been running great on bm3 stage 1 for around a year. Recently I started getting an intermittent abs and dsc light on. I was able to get it scanned at my local shop and it was telling me my rear left wheel speed sensor was bad same thing with my bm3 scan. Okay no big deal, I read on the forums it’s a very common issue. Ordered from fcp and got it replaced. Same day when I drove home from the shop all is good no lights car seems happy. A few hours later I turn the car on and am greeted by both abs and Dsc lights. Decide to go back to the shop. On the way abs turns off but dsc stays on. My mech wasn’t able to look at it as he was very busy but I scanned using bm3 in the parking lot and now it’s telling me my rear/right wheel speed sensor is bad?!! When I started the car to go back home, no lights the whole drive back. Now I feel like I’m very lost. Is it common to have one go bad and then the other? Any help would be appreciated.

Codes Before Rear/Left replaced:
1B0A64
Vehicle speed, rear/left wheel speed sensor, signal change: implausible
1B0A21
Rough road detection: No wheel speed signal received
CD944D
Message (SLRDI _GLB_FZM, 0X3A5, FA): Message from ZGW failed

Codes After Rear/Left Replaced:
1B0A66
Vehicle speed, rear/right wheel speed sensor, signal change: implausible
1B0A21
Rough road detection: No wheel speed signal received
CD944D
Message (SLRDI _GLB_FZM, 0X3A5, FA): Message from ZGW failed
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 09:24 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I'd be checking the wiring. Loose and/or corroded connectors are common with intermittent faults. Pull the connectors, hit them with WD40.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 10:24 PM   #3
Hot-Sriracha
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I'd be checking the wiring. Loose and/or corroded connectors are common with intermittent faults. Pull the connectors, hit them with WD40.
The wiring for the right or left ?When my mehcneic replaced the sensor I asked him to check for any corrosion, even in the tone ring (I think that’s what it’s called) and he told me everything looked clean. I’m just confused on why the code for my right side would turn on after I replaced the left and not at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 08:55 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Do all of them. The four sensors operate independently, a fault from any one of them will light up the dash warning for any number of faults.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 07:17 AM   #5
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I have a '15 435i and had one of the wheel sensors go bad too. Caused the dash to light up like a chritmas tree. I replaced both rear sensors and haven't had the issue since. Like bill said. Check the wiring and the connection.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8284.50
      02-02-2024, 12:24 PM   #6
zKn0xvillexx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

I am having some similar issues that I am trying to get to the bottom of, the DSC comes on while driving, and I can feel the brakes pulsing - this is followed by FTM malfunction, ABS Light, brake light, and chassis stabilization.

Scanning with MHD tells me:

-1B0A21 Rough road detection: No wheel RPM signal received
CD944D- Signal (Wheel RPM, 46.0.1) invalid, transmitter DSC

I am leaning towards a sensor, will check with a scan tool tonight. If anyone else has any idea or suggestions please let me know!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 12:29 PM   #7
Hot-Sriracha
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
I have a '15 435i and had one of the wheel sensors go bad too. Caused the dash to light up like a chritmas tree. I replaced both rear sensors and haven't had the issue since. Like bill said. Check the wiring and the connection.
Looking like I’m in the same boat. I ended up getting a cel because if my rear right side now too. I ordered the new sensor for the right and am hoping that’s all it was. Fingers crossed it’s not the harness or dsc module or something.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 11:15 PM   #8
Hot-Sriracha
United_States
Rep

Just wanted to give an update for anyone who might come across this thread. After replacing my right side wheel speed sensor, everything seems to be okay thank fully. Been driving for a a few weeks now and no lights, no errors, no issues. Really glad it worked out. Must’ve just been a strange issue where my left side went bad and after replacing it my right side went bad.
Appreciate 0