F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Can I use rear rotors from an x-drive on a RWD?
GetBMWParts

08-26-2019, 04:12 AM   #1
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Question Can I use rear rotors from an x-drive on a RWD?

Trying to confirm if there are any difference between RWD rotors and X-Drive rotors?

I want to buy some 330x20 rear rotors for my RWD that are coming off and x-drive. Do x-drive rear rotors fit on a RWD?

I have been to yes they will and no they will not work

Definitely don’t want to buy if they will not work.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Check the part numbers at http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Trying to confirm if there are any difference between RWD rotors and X-Drive rotors?

I want to buy some 330x20 rear rotors for my RWD that are coming off and x-drive. Do x-drive rear rotors fit on a RWD?

I have been to yes they will and no they will not work

Definitely don't want to buy if they will not work.

Thanks
Go to realoem and enter the last seven digits of your VIN. Then go to Browse Parts, Brakes, Rear Discs.

It will show you diagrams and part numbers for parts on your car based on your VIN. I have an xdrive 335i with standard brakes which are 4-piston grey Brembo on front and 1-piston grey (Bosch) calipers on rear. So my rear brake rotors are 330x20. If I had 2-piston Brembo rear calipers (M Sport blue brakes) then I would have 345x24 rear rotors.

Attached are photos from realoem for my VIN that show rear brake rotors, part numbers, all the years that BMW used these rear rotors on the F30. Put in your VIN and see if part numbers match.

Note: If for some reason they don't, then go deeper on that part number to see if they show a part number superseding another. I've seen BMW phase out one part number for another occasionally even though they are they same part and interchangeable. Good luck!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
obert1781.00