F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Daily F30 2014 320i Build
ARMA SPEED

11-29-2023, 07:12 PM   #1
Darkpira7e
Guibo Sandwich
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i Xdrive

Daily F30 2014 320i Build

Hey there!

I'm an enthusiast who is new to the updated BMW scene. E36 was/is my favorite chassis of any make in the world, but I know better than to buy one now with YouTube tax being what it is.

I like working on my own cars and have great friends who help with projects bigger than me. I love learning and am excited to get into the F30 platform.

Plans for the car? I'd like to fix the shitty floaty feeling the car has, it's very floppy.
I've already gotten intimate with BimmerCode, BM3 and Xdelete. I don't have plans to do much with the power of the car, it's already pretty unbelievable with a tune.

Here she is! I immediately removed the stock wheels and threw on some Apex EC-7 18x8.5 wheels. All I had were some well worn RT660s, they were still a massive improvement over the all season tires the car came with...

Very happy to be part of the community!
Attached Images

Last edited by Darkpira7e; 11-29-2023 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
sspade2466.00
Cpark1440.50
      11-29-2023, 07:47 PM   #2
Darkpira7e
Guibo Sandwich
Rep

Captain's log #1:

Took a detail brush to the seams of the seats and interior crevices.
Checked tire pressures (no TPMS)
Opened the hood- yup, engine is still there.

I bought a VRSF intercooler for it the day I purchased the car but haven't installed. I wish there were something I could do about this ugly front bumper.

Seeing some photos of other people's cars in here, considering some carbon fiber trim pieces, but very hesitant because it needs to be well sorted. 1 piece in a sea of black and wood grain will look like trash. If I cover every surface with carbon fiber, it will look like trash.

xDelete is neat, but the open diff and super sensitive DSC make it somewhat unpleasant to drive hard without turning everything off.
      12-02-2023, 01:14 PM   #3
jmanB45
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330iX Sedan

Garage List
Wheels look great. The 225/40 profile instead of standard 45 exaggerate the wheel gap.

New springs+shocks or coilovers will definitely fix that "shitty floaty feeling". I absolutely hated the stock setup.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2023, 01:32 PM   #4
ZZO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 440Xi MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpira7e View Post
Captain's log #1:

Took a detail brush to the seams of the seats and interior crevices.
Checked tire pressures (no TPMS)
Opened the hood- yup, engine is still there.

I bought a VRSF intercooler for it the day I purchased the car but haven't installed. I wish there were something I could do about this ugly front bumper.

Seeing some photos of other people's cars in here, considering some carbon fiber trim pieces, but very hesitant because it needs to be well sorted. 1 piece in a sea of black and wood grain will look like trash. If I cover every surface with carbon fiber, it will look like trash.

xDelete is neat, but the open diff and super sensitive DSC make it somewhat unpleasant to drive hard without turning everything off.
I welcome you to the M-Town’s Beam Team

My first car was a 2014 BMW 428i XDrive. I personally was dumbfounded by the power of the cylinder turbo. Coming from a 2016 Chevy Mailbu LT that’s no surprise. I let the “N20 Timing Chain Issue” get to my head and I ended up trading it in for a 2017 BMW 440i XDrive. Could not be happier about it.

However as long as you can find comfort and enjoyment from the car that’s all that matter!

In regards to the bumpers, you can order a full M-Sport conversion kit from ECS Tuning (just the first Google Search I found, but still one of the most reputable places to buy from in my opinion. It will come with front+rear bumpers, side skirts, and all the little pieces (Tow hook covers, etc) They will come unpainted.

For me, M-Sport bumpers are almost always a MUST on the F30s. On mine I have the MPPSK package, I do NOT have fog lights. Not sure if that’s an option to do on the 3 series but I personally find the fog lights to be quite a nuisance to the looks of the car. I live in a large city where all roads are pretty well lit. I don’t really worry about using fog lights.

I have yet to purchase wheels, but it is a MUST for me. I love yours

I have BM3 and XHP, I have yet to purchase X-Delete. Both highly reccomended. In regards to tuning. I would sugggest at least the downpipe removal, or doing a sport cat (if that is more your style, quite pricey.) However removing cat from the car really opens up any BMW platform from my understanding (B58, N55 especially. Not to familiar with N20 as I only had it for a short amount of time).

Sincerely,
A bored BMW enthusiast sitting at work scrolling through fourms trying to look busy by typing
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2023, 03:43 PM   #5
jmanB45
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330iX Sedan

Garage List
Some inspiration for you... lowered car with the same wheels and tire size (I think)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjG33gom

Appreciate 2
      12-02-2023, 04:39 PM   #6
Darkpira7e
Guibo Sandwich
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZO View Post
I welcome you to the M-Town’s Beam Team

My first car was a 2014 BMW 428i XDrive. I personally was dumbfounded by the power of the cylinder turbo. Coming from a 2016 Chevy Mailbu LT that’s no surprise. I let the “N20 Timing Chain Issue” get to my head and I ended up trading it in for a 2017 BMW 440i XDrive. Could not be happier about it.

However as long as you can find comfort and enjoyment from the car that’s all that matter!

In regards to the bumpers, you can order a full M-Sport conversion kit from ECS Tuning (just the first Google Search I found, but still one of the most reputable places to buy from in my opinion. It will come with front+rear bumpers, side skirts, and all the little pieces (Tow hook covers, etc) They will come unpainted.

For me, M-Sport bumpers are almost always a MUST on the F30s. On mine I have the MPPSK package, I do NOT have fog lights. Not sure if that’s an option to do on the 3 series but I personally find the fog lights to be quite a nuisance to the looks of the car. I live in a large city where all roads are pretty well lit. I don’t really worry about using fog lights.

I have yet to purchase wheels, but it is a MUST for me. I love yours

I have BM3 and XHP, I have yet to purchase X-Delete. Both highly reccomended. In regards to tuning. I would sugggest at least the downpipe removal, or doing a sport cat (if that is more your style, quite pricey.) However removing cat from the car really opens up any BMW platform from my understanding (B58, N55 especially. Not to familiar with N20 as I only had it for a short amount of time).

Sincerely,
A bored BMW enthusiast sitting at work scrolling through fourms trying to look busy by typing
Thanks for the post!! I agree that the Msport front bumper is awesome and really should be a priority if you spend any money improving how these cars look, I'll have to consider it.
I'm on the fence about the downpipe, I don't really care about the power output, I have another car for that. I just enjoy the tuning part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanB45 View Post
Wheels look great. The 225/40 profile instead of standard 45 exaggerate the wheel gap.

New springs+shocks or coilovers will definitely fix that "shitty floaty feeling". I absolutely hated the stock setup.
Yeah the tire size is really poor here, but I happened to have them for free99 so they went on. I'm usually a 205/55/r16 traditionalist.

I'd love to grab a set of Bilstein shocks and some mild H&R springs. This is definitely in my plans, but "eventually" is the principal here... I don't want to go into a hole with this, it's supposed to be the car I don't mess with too much.

Also- love the pic! that really is an ideal setup