F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 38 months in, fault missed on end of warrantee check...
proTUNING Freaks

05-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

38 months in, fault missed on end of warrantee check...

Slightly off topic, car at fault is my wife's F56 Mini.

Where do I stand on a fault missed by my BMW dealer at the end of warrantee check?

My wife was heading off this morning and I noticed the paint had warn through inside her drivers door. It appears to be where the seal rubs during normal operation.

Google says it's a known fault and rubbers have been replaced with a new less rough version, pillars re-sprayed and protective tape applied.

Where do I stand with the dealer? The contact on the phone just said it was out of warrantee, implying it was nothing to do with them or Mini. But, invited me to bring it in to their parts guy. From memory this is the guy authorised by BMW to assess white worm on alloys. So, there may be hope.

I expressed disappointment that an obvious and apparently known setup/materials issue was not spotted on the end of warrantee check they performed about 2 months ago.

Any thoughts are welcome.
      05-29-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
lethbridge
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CP YMB

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CP  [10.00]
I would have thought goodwill ought to come into play here on the part of both the dealer & BMW - as you say it should have been picked up and it is the sort of defect that will be obvious to them that it has occurred through gradual wearing and therefore was there when you asked them to perform the check. More so if it is a known issue... All you can do is take it in & see what they have to say - if the dealer isn't helpful then it probably needs a call to BMW Customer Service...
Appreciate 1
Rich9600740.50
      05-29-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
It's also only 2 months after the check/warranty expiry, so would hope they would be sensible about it.

Most dealers are.....if you push them hard enough, just don't be an aggrovational dick when approaching them would be my advice. Do as you have been doing, "disappointed" approach. If all else fails find out who the MD is of that particular dealership and give them a call expressing your concern and disappointment.