F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Griots Garage Foaming Poly Gloss
Studio RSR

01-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

Griots Garage Foaming Poly Gloss

Another quick review. Sorry..no pictures here. My bad.

I was ordering some Black Friday special and thought I would give this a try. I generally find products that you simply spray on and it does the job not very good. However, this one had good reviews and wasn't too much money so I gave it a try.

I cleaned up my 3 cars. The sealant (Jescar power lock) is about 3 months old so the water is still beading nicely. I added 2oz to my foam cannon and then topped up with water. This EASILY did all 3 cars and still had about 1/3 of the foam cannon bottle left.

Sprays on easily and you can see it go to work quickly. It seems to be bonding to paint...okay maybe it isn't but it sure looks like something is happening...and slowly almost disappears. After the 2-3 minutes I gave it a spray off.

The water beading is definitely better then before I applied the poly gloss. The paint dried really easily afterwards and looks good.

We had some rain the next week and the beading was really good. I'd say the product works as advertised. Well worth the money. I would give it a thumbs up and recommend it.

The only thing I'd do is maybe get a foam cannon specifically for the poly gloss. After I washed the car my foam cannon was half full of soap. I had to find a container to empty this into while I mixed up the poly gloss. Then after I was done with the poly gloss I had some extra that I wanted to save for next time. I may find out the better amount to mix up per vehicle so I don't have left over.

Overall
Attached Images

Appreciate 0