F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Precision Raceworks Ignition Kit - DIY
Extreme Powerhouse

03-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
MineralF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i 6MT M-Sport

Precision Raceworks Ignition Kit - DIY

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I recently purchased the igniton kit from Precision Raceworks and installed them on my car. When i was searching the web, I found a lot of DIY's for the N54 platform but none for the F series N55 platform, so i figured why not make my own and share it on this forum. This is my first time making a DIY on a forum so i apologize if i miss some things during the install. This took me about an hour to install.

Tools needed:
- 11mm Socket
- T25 Torx or 4mm allen (I think)
- Sawzall (or heavy duty knife to cut through thick plastic)

1. Start by removing your engine cover if you have it installed. Unbox the kit and lay everything out. You should have:
- 6 PR blocks
- 6 Coils
- 6 Wire Adapters
- 10 Allen Screws
- 5 brackets total, 2 of them will be used to mount the blocks on the fuel rail.
View post on imgur.com

2. Locate the screws that hold the fuel rail in place. There are (4) 11mm bolts and they sit right above the intake manifold studs. You will only be using the 2 outer bolts to mount the brackets.

3. Loosen the first fuel rail bolt closest to the front of the car. Next, take 2 of the blue blocks, 2 of the allen head screws, and one of the mounting brackets supplied in the kit and connect them together (I did not have this allen head size so I used a T25 Torx bit). It should look like this when you're done:
View post on imgur.com

**NOTE: I had the bracket flipped the wrong way when i took this picture, the tab should be facing downwards**
After those two are connected, insert the bracket behind the fuel rail bolt and re-tighten it. If you have trouble, loosen the bolt some more or take it completely out and align the bracket that way, just be careful and don't drop the bolt.

4. Next, you're going to need to remove this piece that sits on the manifold. I used a sawzall with a metal blade to cut mine.
https://imgur.com/a/ic7VgSp Be careful not to cut too deep or damage anything while doing this!! The result should look similar to thi">https://imgur.com/a/ic7VgSp Be careful not to cut too deep or damage anything while doing this!! The result should look similar to thi">View post on imgur.com

5. Use the other (3) flat brackets supplied in the kit to connect the rest of the blue blocks until you get to block #5. Once you reach the 5th block, you will repeat the same process you did for the 1st and 2nd blocks. After they are all connected and mounted, they should sit like this:
View post on imgur.com

6. Remove your old coil packs from the engine and grab the harness supplied in the kit.
View post on imgur.com

Take the blue end of the harness and connect it to the 1st coil pack connector, then connect the green end to the 1st PR block you just installed. Repeat this until you have all 6 installed and it will look like this:
View post on imgur.com

7. Next, install the coil into the 1st cylinder and push down until you feel it click in place. Take the coil connector and install it in the 1st block.
Repeat this for all 6 cylinders.
View post on imgur.com

After you finish this install, you can go into MHD and check off "Precision Raceworks ignition kit", and re-flash your map.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #2
insane11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Why do you need to flash? Is there a voltage difference
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:38 AM   #3
MineralF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i 6MT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
Why do you need to flash? Is there a voltage difference
I don't think it is required to flash, but if you have MHD it will help out with power if you check the box.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:08 AM   #4
insane11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

http://www.precisionraceworks.com/in...&product_id=89

Is this the one you got.. It look different from the pic so I'm just making sure
Appreciate 0