F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Urgent Help! is it broke?
Extreme Powerhouse

05-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #1
Mrstauf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xdrive

Urgent Help! is it broke?

Hi

so i have just swapped a NBT no nav unit for a NBT Evo, plugged it all in and tested it before i fitted screen and it worked ok screen fine and appered to be picking up fm signal but with no sound,
so then i fitted it properly, now i have sound but the screen is black, not even the "no signal" message, i tested the screen on my old nbt unit and got the no signal message, then tested my old screen on the Evo unit and also got "no signal" so im pretty confident it is not the screen or cable at fault but the head unit,

Could this be a coding issue as i have not done anything to it yet, or is it lightly to be a faulty head unit? as i have it all packed up ready to return tomorrow!

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #2
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

If you have an "NBT no nav unit" - there is no such thing in the UK, it will be HU_ENTRY, then the screen is incompatible with the EVO headunit - you need a different screen.

Depending on the firmware on the EVO then it requires an APIX1 or APIX2 screen, the latter is preferable.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 01:42 AM   #3
RuleNormaliai
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 330E

Garage List
HU security such as VO lock, region lock etc. activated, you need to patch and code your HU to your vin.
Appreciate 0