F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Forever Out of stock
Studio RSR

01-24-2021, 02:42 AM   #1
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328xi 2015 335xi m sp

Forever Out of stock

Tiago@VRSF hey. I’m interested in purchasing a high flow catted downpipe for my 2015 335i xdrive m sport. I have been checking ecs tunings website, and for almost 2 months the downpipe is “back ordered with no eta” when can I expect it to back in stock to order the same actually goes for the 5” stepped intercooler as well... getting antsy, and I don’t want to buy the er downpipe as it’s way more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnief96 View Post
Tiago@VRSF hey. I’m interested in purchasing a high flow catted downpipe for my 2015 335i xdrive m sport. I have been checking ecs tunings website, and for almost 2 months the downpipe is “back ordered with no eta” when can I expect it to back in stock to order the same actually goes for the 5” stepped intercooler as well... getting antsy, and I don’t want to buy the er downpipe as it’s way more expensive.
May I suggest you give them a call
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
bbq
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Because of the covid lots of things have been out of stock for months. It will come back eventually, just don't expect it to be soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #4
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian332isport View Post
May I suggest you give them a call
Lol, have you done business with vrsf? They don’t seem to have a # on their site, and it’s only email correspondence
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq View Post
Because of the covid lots of things have been out of stock for months. It will come back eventually, just don't expect it to be soon.
Sucks to be vrsf then... I guess I’ll just cough up the coin and go with ER
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:28 PM   #6
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
There's other options out there. CTS should be about the same price as VRSF IIRC and its a better design last i saw (has a bracket, and reportedly better fitment). There's also ER, wagner, AFE, etc etc. There's also a new brand on XPH at a similar price point, but i think its so new to market its untested.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:05 PM   #7
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
There's other options out there. CTS should be about the same price as VRSF IIRC and its a better design last i saw (has a bracket, and reportedly better fitment). There's also ER, wagner, AFE, etc etc. There's also a new brand on XPH at a similar price point, but i think its so new to market its untested.
Yeah I bit the bullet and instead went with the active autowerke intercooler, as I've read it is quite good and pretty much neck and neck with vrsf if not better
      01-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #8
culpability
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

AFAIK the VRSF catted downpipe is extremely spotty on whether or not it passes smog anyways. My shop tells me ALL the catted downpipes are liable to fail smog but the vrsf one is one of the worst. If you want a catted downpipe, my research indicates the ER one is the best bet for passing smog, but no personal experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 07:20 PM   #9
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by culpability View Post
AFAIK the VRSF catted downpipe is extremely spotty on whether or not it passes smog anyways. My shop tells me ALL the catted downpipes are liable to fail smog but the vrsf one is one of the worst. If you want a catted downpipe, my research indicates the ER one is the best bet for passing smog, but no personal experience.
Any comparison to er catted dp to the Wagner catted dp? The Wagner catted dp is around $100 cheaper..
      01-24-2021, 07:48 PM   #10
Canadared
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i F30

Do yourself a favour and get a CTS CP/DP/IC. All quality made products and have been on my A4 and 335
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #11
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
If you are talking about emissions compliance in the US, the AA DP is the only one currently on the market that has EPA certification and is therefore 49 state legal (all expect CA because CA requires CARB approval). Having said that, fabspeed has the longest track record of getting the catalyst monitor into ready state and not throwing a CEL (they guarantee this, as does AA), but since it is technically not EPA approved, it can still cause you to fail the visual inspection. People have tens of thousands of miles on the fabspeed across probably hundreds of cars over many years. I run fabspeed myself.

All other catted DPs will not pass emissions and will almost certainly throw a CEL, especially if you are tuned and drive hard. This includes Wagner, ER, AFE, VRSF, and CTS. These DPs will not get the catalyst monitor into ready state and therefore you will not pass a OBD2 emission check, in addition to failing a visual if they look. So, if you need to pass emissions, be prepared to pay much more for the two mentioned above, and AA is only available for EWG. If you just want catted for other reasons (smell, etc), then any of these can work.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:34 PM   #12
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
If you are talking about emissions compliance in the US, the AA DP is the only one currently on the market that has EPA certification and is therefore 49 state legal (all expect CA because CA requires CARB approval). Having said that, fabspeed has the longest track record of getting the catalyst monitor into ready state and not throwing a CEL (they guarantee this, as does AA), but since it is technically not EPA approved, it can still cause you to fail the visual inspection. People have tens of thousands of miles on the fabspeed across probably hundreds of cars over many years. I run fabspeed myself.

All other catted DPs will not pass emissions and will almost certainly throw a CEL, especially if you are tuned and drive hard. This includes Wagner, ER, AFE, VRSF, and CTS. These DPs will not get the catalyst monitor into ready state and therefore you will not pass a OBD2 emission check, in addition to failing a visual if they look. So, if you need to pass emissions, be prepared to pay much more for the two mentioned above, and AA is only available for EWG. If you just want catted for other reasons (smell, etc), then any of these can work.
I have ewg, as my 335 is the 2015 m sport. So I think I'll go for aa catted. Delaware is pretty lax on emissions lol
      01-24-2021, 11:57 PM   #13
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I have ewg, as my 335 is the 2015 m sport. So I think I'll go for aa catted. Delaware is pretty lax on emissions lol
AA is a good choice. Will get you all the performance and no worries about emissions, smell, CEL, fitment, etc, which is worth paying for IMO. It was just launched the same week i bought my fabspeed. Had it been around sooner/longer i probably would have went that route instead, but no complaints about fabspeed so i can't be mad.
Appreciate 0