F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
ARMA SPEED

05-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #529
spacemm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340ix

I'm running VTT GC on st2.5 map and I had to roll back update 2.14 to 2.12 due to jerks during acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 07:43 PM   #530
edremix
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Gran Coupé

After contacting MG Flasher support, they found out, that one power limiter was missing in my software calibration/swfk version > ver 2.14. So they've fixed it and sent me a custom OTS map, which I've tested today. So, the sports gauges showed up correct values (420-440 BHP+580 NM) and it felt way more powerful, than the previous v2.14. AND I was faster from 100-200 KPH, like never before: 9,2 seconds - 0,2 seconds less than v2.12 and 0,5 seconds less than previous v2.14.

I suggest, that you get in touch with MG Flasher support, when you guys have the feeling, that you are facing the same isssues.

Thanks to Jarek and team for the quick solution!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 03:05 AM   #531
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340 xdrive MPPSK 6-manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by edremix View Post
After contacting MG Flasher support, they found out, that one power limiter was missing in my software calibration/swfk version > ver 2.14. So they've fixed it and sent me a custom OTS map, which I've tested today. So, the sports gauges showed up correct values (420-440 BHP+580 NM) and it felt way more powerful, than the previous v2.14. AND I was faster from 100-200 KPH, like never before: 9,2 seconds - 0,2 seconds less than v2.12 and 0,5 seconds less than previous v2.14.

I suggest, that you get in touch with MG Flasher support, when you guys have the feeling, that you are facing the same isssues.

Thanks to Jarek and team for the quick solution!
thank you for the update!

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #532
NotYourDads330
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Just switched from BM3 today. Is there anything I should be on the lookout for with the B46 engine?

I haven't logged yet because it was raining all day but good lord! The difference between BM3 Stage 2 E30 and MGFlasher Stage 2 93 is awesome. Car performed much better on this 93 flash as compared to BM3 on E30 and especially 93 (at least based on drive feel).
      05-08-2021, 03:44 PM   #533
Pizzaeatingking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
What I don't get is that on the fb page, they made a long post to clarify things, at the beginning of April, saying that the pretended knock risk (issue raised by some tuners apparently) was actually not an issue, that the "super anti-knock" function was not altered by MG flasher maps, so the OTS maps were safe, etc. Very reassuring.

And then, 15 days later, they release maps v.2.14, which are much slower...

Kind of strange, isn't ?
I'm in the same boat as you, flashed mine a few weeks ago, it's been fantastic but I don't want any reliability issues, I'm happy to give up some BHP for a safer map.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #534
edremix
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaeatingking View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, flashed mine a few weeks ago, it's been fantastic but I don't want any reliability issues, I'm happy to give up some BHP for a safer map.
100% agreed! I've received another customized OTS map, where they have added another 5-10 horses and as my OPF version is alredy running around 420-430 horses. I told them exactly the same - reliability has priority! Don't have time for beta testing! Gotta test the new OTD map and also the V-Max to see if there could be some issues on high performance ...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #535
Pizzaeatingking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by edremix View Post
100% agreed! I've received another customized OTS map, where they have added another 5-10 horses and as my OPF version is alredy running around 420-430 horses. I told them exactly the same - reliability has priority! Don't have time for beta testing! Gotta test the new OTD map and also the V-Max to see if there could be some issues on high performance ...
I decided to pay for the logger today, I'll run some tests and compare to the suggested things to look for on the logging thread. After reading the post on FB again it all makes sense tbh, I just want to run some logs for my own piece of mind.
Appreciate 1
vcx81.50
      05-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #536
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

F-Series B58 Stage 2.5 OTS Map Update v2.15

It has never been a better time to be a part of the MG Flasher family! Today we are announcing a new update to our Stage 2.5 OTS maps for F-Series B58 vehicles! The map has been revised entirely by improving many parameters including ignition timing, turbine efficiency, AFR, EGT control and post shift boost PID’s control to provide you safer and better performance!

Where previously Stage 2.5 was accessed only through Stage 2 switchable maps (on slot #2), you can now flash it as an independent map that is bundled with ethanol calibrations in the additional switchable map slots! The license for Stage 2.5 is still included with your Stage 2 license; you get two for the price of one. You can now select between ACN 91, 95RON, 98RON and 100RON maps as well as E30 and E40 blends. Please note, to maintain sufficient fueling requirements of the high-performance map, it is mandatory to use Stage 2.5 with an upgraded HPFP and high flow downpipe/catalytic converter. More importantly so you can serve up a nice view of your taillights to the competition! A huge thanks to all the beta users for repeatedly testing the new maps, look at their Dragy times attached here!

A few new options are added to the latest release of the MG Flasher app: Startup Roar and Torque by Gear Limiter. If your engine is warm, the engine speed will briefly increase during startup to make a “roar” sound if you choose to enable Startup Roar. You can select the aggression and duration of said roar with the new handy sliders. If you find your vehicle is having a hard time gaining traction on launch, you can also enable a torque limiter in any gear you choose. This torque limiter is extremely helpful for FWD Mini Cooper B48, which we have under beta testing, or manual transmission on RWD vehicles.

Many of you have asked about increasing the aggressiveness of burbles, with the latest app update, the aggression scaling has been increased via burble aggression styles. These styles will change the onset of aggression, how quickly the timing will retard. Try them out and see which style you like the most, not every software will have access to all styles. Together with a few other burble settings, you can find these styles in the list of customizations for burble options. Furthermore, if you want even more pops and bangs, you can add extra aggressive timing and control the fueling (via lambda) of the burble event to fine tune your flame map. The default settings are a great place to start, but we advise caution when using this new feature. This will retard timing a significant amount. Infrequent use of flame maps is recommended, please obey all local laws.

Have fun, be safe and responsible!

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 05-28-2021 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
tbrazil17.00
      07-28-2021, 04:11 PM   #537
jasonspink
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e

Now half dead

Would be nice to be able to actually be able to use the flasher. Links to ENET cables to purchase for use, after buying the cables, the app slaps you with a "we no longer support cables" warning. Now I have the choice of either buying the wifi adapter for another 100$ or refunding the packs I already purchased 😂. Be weary of this when considering which tuner to buy. I was trying to switch from bm3 but it appears as if that just isn't an option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 10:03 AM   #538
Tech UnRaveled
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Has anyone switched from BM3 E30 Tune to this? Is it worth the change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post

It has never been a better time to be a part of the MG Flasher family! Today we are announcing a new update to our Stage 2.5 OTS maps for F-Series B58 vehicles! The map has been revised entirely by improving many parameters including ignition timing, turbine efficiency, AFR, EGT control and post shift boost PID’s control to provide you safer and better performance!

Where previously Stage 2.5 was accessed only through Stage 2 switchable maps (on slot #2), you can now flash it as an independent map that is bundled with ethanol calibrations in the additional switchable map slots! The license for Stage 2.5 is still included with your Stage 2 license; you get two for the price of one. You can now select between ACN 91, 95RON, 98RON and 100RON maps as well as E30 and E40 blends. Please note, to maintain sufficient fueling requirements of the high-performance map, it is mandatory to use Stage 2.5 with an upgraded HPFP and high flow downpipe/catalytic converter. More importantly so you can serve up a nice view of your taillights to the competition! A huge thanks to all the beta users for repeatedly testing the new maps, look at their Dragy times attached here!

A few new options are added to the latest release of the MG Flasher app: Startup Roar and Torque by Gear Limiter. If your engine is warm, the engine speed will briefly increase during startup to make a “roar” sound if you choose to enable Startup Roar. You can select the aggression and duration of said roar with the new handy sliders. If you find your vehicle is having a hard time gaining traction on launch, you can also enable a torque limiter in any gear you choose. This torque limiter is extremely helpful for FWD Mini Cooper B48, which we have under beta testing, or manual transmission on RWD vehicles.

Many of you have asked about increasing the aggressiveness of burbles, with the latest app update, the aggression scaling has been increased via burble aggression styles. These styles will change the onset of aggression, how quickly the timing will retard. Try them out and see which style you like the most, not every software will have access to all styles. Together with a few other burble settings, you can find these styles in the list of customizations for burble options. Furthermore, if you want even more pops and bangs, you can add extra aggressive timing and control the fueling (via lambda) of the burble event to fine tune your flame map. The default settings are a great place to start, but we advise caution when using this new feature. This will retard timing a significant amount. Infrequent use of flame maps is recommended, please obey all local laws.

Have fun, be safe and responsible!

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #539
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Guys, I have a question:

I have a 340i MPPSK with MG FLasher stage 1 (93 oct.) OTS tune.

As most of you, I was a bit disappointed by the v2.14 of the software, that felt much less responsive in lower RPMs than the v2.12.

To resolve that issue, I see two theoretical possibilities :

-add a new fuel pump (TU of dorch st.1) that support more flow, then go back to stage 1 v2.12 ;

-add a (catted) downpipe and go stage 2 (but then, I wonder if I will hit the limit of the OEM full pump at low RPM, and only have more top-end power, which I don't particularly seek, with no better low-mid range response, which is what I want ?

Thank you for you imput !

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 05:23 PM   #540
Devious340i
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Flashed Stage 2 v2.14 Saturday got a few logs posted them on FB and emailed mg haven't received any feedback at all. Hoping someone could check my logs

Catted downpipe and 93oct
If I need better logs or anything please let me know

https://logs.mgflasher.com/log/fafc1...WIpjw2roqFTxR0
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 03:02 PM   #541
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher - Cruise Control On-The-Fly Features for Generation 1 B46/B48/B58!

New Custom Code v6.0 with Cruise Control Features!
Details: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1854937
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #542
Tech UnRaveled
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Is there any power benefits switching from bm3 stage 2+ e30 tune?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 12:19 PM   #543
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech UnRaveled View Post
Is there any power benefits switching from bm3 stage 2+ e30 tune?
no. (almost certainly).
You might gain a handful of hp but really nothing much.
      09-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #544
Xchrisxxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Still waiting on support for my 2018 540i xdrive , I only get stage 2, no v2.5 or ethanol maps I'm about to throw in my dorche stage 2 , I hope they release an update soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #545
Nanometer
Vice Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp & 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
Anybody have issues getting their purchases to show up in the MG Flasher Application on the "User" page? I purchased yesterday and they still dont show up!
      11-16-2021, 11:58 AM   #546
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2 Week Sale

We are offering 15% off all MG Flasher Licenses and our official ENET Adapter!
Available through our dealer network and at shop.mgflasher.com

Offer is valid from November 18th until December 3rd, 2021

Also, be sure to check out the new cruise control On-The-Fly features: with MG Flasher’s latest custom code users can switch maps, burbles, and max cooling using just the steering wheel buttons! In the coming weeks, we plan to release advanced antilag on F-Series B48 and B58 vehicles for both stationary and rolling launches. For a full list of available features please visit: www.mgflasher.com

Stay tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:22 AM   #547
Piruffiters
Registered
Rep
Drives: 17' F22 220i M Sport B48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post

We are offering 15% off all MG Flasher Licenses and our official ENET Adapter!
Available through our dealer network and at shop.mgflasher.com

Offer is valid from November 18th until December 3rd, 2021

Also, be sure to check out the new cruise control On-The-Fly features: with MG Flasher’s latest custom code users can switch maps, burbles, and max cooling using just the steering wheel buttons! In the coming weeks, we plan to release advanced antilag on F-Series B48 and B58 vehicles for both stationary and rolling launches. For a full list of available features please visit: www.mgflasher.com

Stay tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
Time to move from BM3 to MGFLASHER!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 10:26 PM   #548
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

What is considered "stock"? (i know, sort of dumb question)

In other words, if i have a tune on the car, eg. DINAN tune, then is what i have on the ECU considered the baseline that can be considered "stock" that will be saved by MG Flasher, and allow me to go back to it anytime from MG Flasher's OTS tune?

Or, am i forced to take the car to the dealer and force a revert to the "stock" tune?

What is the required starting point, baseline to (safely) use MG Flasher OTS maps?

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
ocdx30.00
      11-28-2021, 03:54 AM   #549
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
What is considered "stock"? (i know, sort of dumb question)

In other words, if i have a tune on the car, eg. DINAN tune, then is what i have on the ECU considered the baseline that can be considered "stock" that will be saved by MG Flasher, and allow me to go back to it anytime from MG Flasher's OTS tune?

Or, am i forced to take the car to the dealer and force a revert to the "stock" tune?

What is the required starting point, baseline to (safely) use MG Flasher OTS maps?

Thanks.
Some might have more knoledge about it than me but what I can tell you is if your car has MMPSK tune before flashing, MG Flasher will use the MPPSK tune as the stock tune.

So if you have already another tune, it might be the same I guess.

Concerning safety, I don't think that you need to worry about the starting point, OTS maps will just replace you previous map.

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:27 PM   #550
Monkey5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 230 , '19 330 msport

15% off.. that sucks.. I bought mine 2 weeks before sale started..

any way since I have had my stage 2 tune on my g20 330i b46, I've noticed a slight hesitation or flat spot while cruising on the freeway and roll into the throttle to pass another car.
Any idea MGflasher?
I will say that I like that I have maintained my 40 mpg on the freeway with the tune which is great.
Appreciate 0