F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > P112F CEL / 101F01 - Throttle Angle
proTUNING Freaks

03-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Kaps335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Question P112F CEL / 101F01 - Throttle Angle

101F01 - Throttle angle - absolute pressure suction, comparison pressure too high.

I can't seem to figure out what is causing this code. I believe it first started after having the JB+ installed for awhile. I always had the JB+ turned up to the max. Generally the check engine light doesn't come on. I only see the code when scanning with Carly. I removed the JB+ for awhile and cleared the code, but it comes back. Over the weekend I replaced the TMAP sensor and installed the JB4. After about 50 miles on Map 2, the check engine light came on. Scanning with OBDII gives me P112F and Carly 101F01. They seem to be the same.

I don't think either JB is causing the error code, but it certainly came up much more quickly this time with the JB4 installed. Maybe something happened from running the JB+ at max for so long?

Since the code is there even without a JB installed, what else could be the issue?

I saw on another forum about an issue with the the high pressure fuel pump. It was suggested to disconnect the tank vent valve and let the vehicle idle for 15 minutes to reset the DME adaptations. If it comes back, replace the ventilator valve, or even the fuel pump.

There seems to be a lot of possibilities that can cause the error code, but I would rather not replace every single suggested part for nothing.

Any suggestions on what to look for next? It is a 2013 335 with 46k miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaps335i View Post
101F01 - Throttle angle - absolute pressure suction, comparison pressure too high.

I can't seem to figure out what is causing this code. I believe it first started after having the JB+ installed for awhile. I always had the JB+ turned up to the max. Generally the check engine light doesn't come on. I only see the code when scanning with Carly. I removed the JB+ for awhile and cleared the code, but it comes back. Over the weekend I replaced the TMAP sensor and installed the JB4. After about 50 miles on Map 2, the check engine light came on. Scanning with OBDII gives me P112F and Carly 101F01. They seem to be the same.

I don't think either JB is causing the error code, but it certainly came up much more quickly this time with the JB4 installed. Maybe something happened from running the JB+ at max for so long?

Since the code is there even without a JB installed, what else could be the issue?

I saw on another forum about an issue with the the high pressure fuel pump. It was suggested to disconnect the tank vent valve and let the vehicle idle for 15 minutes to reset the DME adaptations. If it comes back, replace the ventilator valve, or even the fuel pump.

There seems to be a lot of possibilities that can cause the error code, but I would rather not replace every single suggested part for nothing.

Any suggestions on what to look for next? It is a 2013 335 with 46k miles.
Did you ever find out the cause of that code?
      07-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #3
Kaps335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgambino View Post
Did you ever find out the cause of that code?
Yeah. Using the JB+ or JB4. I removed them and got a proper dyno tune. No more lights or codes.
July 23rd - Dyno Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 01:00 PM   #4
TOMF30N55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive 6mt

Hopefully this helps, I'm literally going through every 101F01 thread I can find because it had me bugging out until it finally got solved

Solution: my mechanic replaced the boost solenoid and so far so good! He also found a boost leak on the inlet pipe (MST hose from turbo to intake tube) as well as a fucking ziptie holding the charge pipe to the FMIC from the wack mechanic who worked on my car before the current mechanic (shoutout to Kings Automotive in Bloomingdale, NJ). He reset adaptations for me several times, wasnt going away. Did a smoke test and fixed said boost leaks. Installed new boost solenoid and so far no problems.

Sidenote: 2013 335i xdrive 6mt 110k miles with BM3 (was OEM MPPK map forever but I upgraded to stage 1 93oct after all repairs done)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:32 PM   #5
mtrel
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMF30N55 View Post
Hopefully this helps, I'm literally going through every 101F01 thread I can find because it had me bugging out until it finally got solved

Solution: my mechanic replaced the boost solenoid and so far so good! He also found a boost leak on the inlet pipe (MST hose from turbo to intake tube) as well as a fucking ziptie holding the charge pipe to the FMIC from the wack mechanic who worked on my car before the current mechanic (shoutout to Kings Automotive in Bloomingdale, NJ). He reset adaptations for me several times, wasnt going away. Did a smoke test and fixed said boost leaks. Installed new boost solenoid and so far no problems.

Sidenote: 2013 335i xdrive 6mt 110k miles with BM3 (was OEM MPPK map forever but I upgraded to stage 1 93oct after all repairs done)

Did you have the P112F code as well? I replaced my MAF, both map sensors and did a smoke test for leaks and I’m still getting this code. (2013 BMW F30 335i 6spd, stock ecu)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:56 PM   #6
TOMF30N55
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrel View Post
Did you have the P112F code as well? I replaced my MAF, both map sensors and did a smoke test for leaks and I’m still getting this code. (2013 BMW F30 335i 6spd, stock ecu)
I don't believe I ever got that code no.Although I do believe it was accompanied by 102001 code.

Sidenote for this whole debacle: I recently had an open ticket w/ Bootmod3 to figure out the high gear low rpm high load stumble. Halim told me to run logs so I sent him stg1 93 and stock tune logs. Of course half the stg1 logs had the stumble and the stock tune did not. Shortly after emailing logs and before reflashing to stg 1, I turned the car on and got the CEL w/ code 101f01. Reflashed to stg 1 and started again, no more code. Halim eventually got back to me and said its my octane and that I should run the stg1 91 map even though I strictly pour in 93 octane without compromise.

At this point, who the fuck knows is where I'm at with it haha. I guess rule of thumb, just don't floor it under 4k rpm in 3rd gear or higher.

Good luck!

PS, peep my new video

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:58 PM   #7
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
I don't believe I ever got that code no.Although I do believe it was accompanied by 102001 code.

Sidenote for this whole debacle: I recently had an open ticket w/ Bootmod3 to figure out the high gear low rpm high load stumble. Halim told me to run logs so I sent him stg1 93 and stock tune logs. Of course half the stg1 logs had the stumble and the stock tune did not. Shortly after emailing logs and before reflashing to stg 1, I turned the car on and got the CEL w/ code 101f01. Reflashed to stg 1 and started again, no more code. Halim eventually got back to me and said its my octane and that I should run the stg1 91 map even though I strictly pour in 93 octane without compromise.

At this point, who the fuck knows is where I'm at with it haha. I guess rule of thumb, just don't floor it under 4k rpm in 3rd gear or higher.

Good luck!

PS, peep my new video
FYI, Running the 91 map with 93 fuel is quite common especially in areas with poor fuel quality.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:10 PM   #8
TOMF30N55
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
FYI, Running the 91 map with 93 fuel is quite common especially in areas with poor fuel quality.
Interesting....good to know. It's a shame, you would think Shell 93 would be true to what it's rated at but oh well. Anyone here use octane booster? From what I've read, it turns the inside of your combustion chamber as well as plugs orange? Is this a negative or simply discoloration?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 08:41 PM   #9
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Interesting....good to know. It's a shame, you would think Shell 93 would be true to what it's rated at but oh well. Anyone here use octane booster? From what I've read, it turns the inside of your combustion chamber as well as plugs orange? Is this a negative or simply discoloration?
Boostane does that, yes. Some people run it quite frequently, but i would not consider it a long term solution. The discoloration is supposedly harmless, but i would be a little concerned if you run a catted DP. Not sure how much it might affect plug, injector, etc, lifespan. Definitely dont run autopart store octane boosters, you need "legit" ones like boostane, VP, etc.

If you just want to dump in a bunch to a single tank to run the race gas map for a track day or something, that's pretty common, even on other platforms.

E85 is the best and most sustainable "octane booster" IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 02:05 PM   #10
LA1Z24
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

relevant TSB

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...63029-9999.pdf
Appreciate 0