F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Brake disc choice
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-03-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
Brad757
New Member
7
Rep
19
Posts

Drives: BMW 335D F30
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Durham

iTrader: (0)

Brake disc choice

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was told Jurid manufactured the OE brakes on the F series. Looking on autodoc, they are very cheap compared to other brands and dont list them as 2 piece.
Should I go for another brand which are 2 piece and if so, what are the recommendations. Was thinking ATE
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #2
xlugoz
New Member
23
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: BMW 435i
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad757 View Post
I was told Jurid manufactured the OE brakes on the F series. Looking on autodoc, they are very cheap compared to other brands and dont list them as 2 piece.
Should I go for another brand which are 2 piece and if so, what are the recommendations. Was thinking ATE
Recently got Brembo spec'd rotors and pads for my M-Sport brakes, would recommend flat rotors as dimpled/slotted don't make for much brake effectiveness unless you're doing track days.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
cfm56d7b
Major General
United_States
3714
Rep
8,048
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad757 View Post
I was told Jurid manufactured the OE brakes on the F series. Looking on autodoc, they are very cheap compared to other brands and dont list them as 2 piece.
Should I go for another brand which are 2 piece and if so, what are the recommendations. Was thinking ATE
Zimmermann 2-piece, flat rotors are excellent. I just installed 4 of these rotors.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 08:53 PM   #4
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
1516
Rep
3,625
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Anyone tried Pagid rotors?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #5
tj_g
Private
33
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: F31 330d
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Zimmermann 2-piece, flat rotors are excellent. I just installed 4 of these rotors.
+1 but did the one piece flat Zimmermann
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #6
Shah_F30
New Member
United_States
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 13 335i M-Sport, 6-MT
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Marietta, Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlugoz View Post
Recently got Brembo spec'd rotors and pads for my M-Sport brakes, would recommend flat rotors as dimpled/slotted don't make for much brake effectiveness unless you're doing track days.
Great!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST