F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NavTv or BimmerTech
ARMA SPEED

09-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #1
e_arunsid
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

NavTv or BimmerTech

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and new to BMW as well..i am proud owner of 2015 328i and has been using it for past couple of months

I m enjoying it thoroughly and looking for suggestions on few things which i missed when i purchased the car.

My car is a base variant without any packages ,On top of the regular stuff..i have heated seats and Moonroof. It was mistake on my part to miss the drivers assistance package which was available for just $950 and now i am looking to compensate for it.
  • RearViewCamera Retrofit - I have read about NAV-TV and BimmerTech, Which one is the most evasive way or doing a retrofit and which one is best ?
  • Changing to LED HeadLamps - I was given a quote of 950 for LED headlamps by my dealer , What is the best option to do this change ?
    Outside BMW , Are there any particular brands which is equally good or even better . Also is the base variant car's wired to be changed to OEM BMW F30 LED headlamps
  • Will making the above changes(mainly the RearView Camera) affect my factory warranty, Currently the vehicle is covered for 50K or 4 years which ever reaches first

Thank you in advance

Last edited by e_arunsid; 09-07-2015 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
Sasha213
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Imperial Blue

I'm in a similar place. I've heard good things about the BimmerTech Reverse Camera Retro. People on the forum have been pleased with it before, but I don't know anything about NavTV (maybe worse maybe better).

I know Bimmertech does group buys from time to time, so maybe we can get a discount on the backup camera if other people also want in.

As far as the rest, I've got no experience with that. Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #3
Sasha213
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Imperial Blue

Also, from looking around the forum (and a little Wikipedia), you should be fine on your warranty with the back up camera.

There was a law passed in the US in the 70s that basically says manufacturers have the burden of proof as far as proving your retro caused a problem. So, if you installed the camera and your engine went out (under warranty), unless the dealer could prove your retro affected the engine, there's no risk to your warranty.

I also have a car under warranty so that was one of my initial concerns.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #4
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha213 View Post
I'm in a similar place. I've heard good things about the BimmerTech Reverse Camera Retro. People on the forum have been pleased with it before, but I don't know anything about NavTV (maybe worse maybe better).

I know Bimmertech does group buys from time to time, so maybe we can get a discount on the backup camera if other people also want in.

As far as the rest, I've got no experience with that. Lol
If we can get 5 or more people we can do a group buy.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
ro_f30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Melbourne Red 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_arunsid View Post
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and new to BMW as well..i am proud owner of 2015 328i and has been using it for past couple of months

I m enjoying it thoroughly and looking for suggestions on few things which i missed when i purchased the car.

My car is a base variant without any packages ,On top of the regular stuff..i have heated seats and Moonroof. It was mistake on my part to miss the drivers assistance package which was available for just $950 and now i am looking to compensate for it.
  • RearViewCamera Retrofit - I have read about NAV-TV and BimmerTech, Which one is the most evasive way or doing a retrofit and which one is best ?
  • Changing to LED HeadLamps - I was given a quote of 950 for LED headlamps by my dealer , What is the best option to do this change ?
    Outside BMW , Are there any particular brands which is equally good or even better . Also is the base variant car's wired to be changed to OEM BMW F30 LED headlamps
  • Will making the above changes(mainly the RearView Camera) affect my factory warranty, Currently the vehicle is covered for 50K or 4 years which ever reaches first

Thank you in advance
You're dealer said 950 for the adaptive headlamps switch???? O_O

2014 Melbourne Red 328i f30,
Premium Package, Enhanced USB, Eagle Eyes, Black Kidney Grills, BimmerTech Amplifier, APEX EC-7 18' Continental DWS 245/40/18.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
skoTner
the Viking
Norway
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 M-sport

Garage List
2013 BMW F30  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson@BimmerTech View Post
If we can get 5 or more people we can do a group buy.
If you go international I'm in
      10-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Nelson@BimmerTech
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoTner View Post
If you go international I'm in
Yes we do
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #8