F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Boot/tailgate not opening
Extreme Powerhouse

04-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #1
saifsayed
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d Convertible

Garage List
Unhappy Boot/tailgate not opening

Does anyone have any guidance on opening an F33 boot apart from using the key fob or the button on the boot handle? I was suggested to open the boot via the emergency release on the inside but I have the 'anti-theft' partition raised up between the boot and passenger compartment which is preventing access to the emergency release.
I have the Smarttop accessory installed and I believe something went funny when I updated the software for it. It has resulted in several errors showing up on my dashboard and my iDrive system does not come on. Several things too have stopped working such as my parking sensor, rear windows and roof mechanism. I believe all these errors would be eliminated if I were to disconnect the Smarttop module but being unable to get to it via the boot is causing me problems.
Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.🙂
Appreciate 0