F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > shud i get kw v1?
proTUNING Freaks

01-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
jeff30
Rep
Drives: f30

shud i get kw v1?

im now driving f30 320d. I feel that the ride is not firm enough in comfort mode , it feels like the car floats around left and right when pressed down the pedal. When in sport mode the suspension tightens and that what I want my car to always feel like, always tighten even in comfort mode. Do you think KW v1 will help in firming up or tighten up the ride feeling? or maybe kw v2but its more expensive than v1. I have now lowered the car with kw springs already. thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
zybar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff30 View Post
im now driving f30 320d. I feel that the ride is not firm enough in comfort mode , it feels like the car floats around left and right when pressed down the pedal. When in sport mode the suspension tightens and that what I want my car to always feel like, always tighten even in comfort mode. Do you think KW v1 will help in firming up or tighten up the ride feeling? or maybe kw v2but its more expensive than v1. I have now lowered the car with kw springs already. thanks!!
I have the older e90...but I think my comments are still useful. Moving to the KW v1's was the single biggest improvement to my car. Totally gets rid of the floaty handling and the car drives like it is on rails! Say goodbye to body roll and hello to a proper driving experience.

Additionally, the KW v1's allowed me to lower the car a good amount so that it looks so much better.

I am extremely happy that I did this upgrade and wish I had done it sooner.

George
18" Apex ARC-8 wheels + Michelin Pilot Super Sports
18" Apex ARC-7 wheels + Michelin Alpin PA4

Last edited by zybar; 02-05-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
jeff30
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zybar View Post
I have the older e90...but I think my comments are still useful. Moving the KW v1's was the single biggest improvement to my car. Totally gets rid of the floaty handling and the car drives like it is on rails! Say goodbye to body roll and hello to a proper driving experience.

Additionally, the KW v1's allowed me to lower the car a good amount so that it looks so much better.

I am extremely happy that I did this upgrade and wish I had done it sooner.

George
wow george that is a very useful comment cheers!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
N55 Jay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i N55

You will definitely get a more firm, sporty feel yet comfortable with the KWs. Good luck
      02-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #5
ghostchili
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff30 View Post
Well you have DHP since your suspension changes when you switch modes. I was under the impression that the KW v2 is for DHP.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostchili View Post
Well you have DHP since your suspension changes when you switch modes. I was under the impression that the KW v2 is for DHP.
Do the KWv2's plug into the OEM controller for the dampers allowing you to adjust firmness? I know that in the E90/E92 generation, the KWv2s only allowed for adjustability via manual control.

Dinan has been trying for some time to break the code on the F30/F32 DHP dampers for their Shockwave software pack. Unfortunately, we have not seen much movement on that front but this alternative would allow for your to keep your stock dampers and still get the stability that KW coilovers would offer.

Back to the KWs, I used to have a x-Drive with KWv1 and I absolutely loved it. I now have a RWD 435i with DHP and I really enjoy it. I can't wait to put my summer tires back on so I can really give it a good run through some twisties and test out the performance.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Presario
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 435 GC

Best mod for the F30 hands down is suspension. Do it! You won't regret it.
Appreciate 0