F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG Flasher - New Feature!! - Burble On The FLY! now Live
Extreme Powerhouse

06-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

MG Flasher - New Feature!! - Burble On The FLY! now Live

“Dynamic Burble On The Fly” B58/B48

We are happy to announce that we have developed a special option for all B48/B58 owners called “Burble On The Fly”.

Option is available with MG Flasher update ver 1.3.1.
With this function, flashing your car every time you want to adjust the intensity of the burbles is a thing of the past! Via a simple combination of the Driving Experience Switch and the MSA button you can change the intensity of the burbles ON THE FLY!

Watch our instructional video to see how it works!

Existing users, please synchronize your App and update\flash new OTS maps to ver. 1.4 and E30 OTS maps to ver 1.1. Just before flashing you will be informed that the procedure will take approximately 20 minutes. This is a one-time 20 minute flash that will not occur again unless new updates are released in this specific code.

New Users will receive automatic activation when car/ECU is unlocked with the Flashing License.

This option is also available for custom tunes and is enabled with the purchase of a Flashing License.

With this function, flashing your car every time you want to adjust the intensity of the burbles is a thing of the past! Via a simple combination of the Driving Experience Switch and the MSA button you can change the intensity of the burbles ON THE FLY!

There are 4 switchable levels available.

Watch our instructional video on Youtube or Facebook page to see how it works and read below for more info!

Important Notes:

1. The car must be running for this function to work.
2. The car must have been running for longer than 10s to begin selecting as described below.
3. The car must be above 50 degree coolant temperature for burbles to activate.
4. Drive Mode must be enabled, manual mode deactivates the selection process.
5. You must press the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds for it to be a valid selection.
6. The burble level adjusted by the Aggressiveness Slider during your last OTS map flash will be the default aggressiveness adjustment without any of the above mentioned selections. This "default" mode will be activated each time when vehicle is started after sleep mode.

Application Details:

• Level 1 - Switch to ECO Mode via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. Then you must return to Sport or Sport + mode to hear the changes. This level will be equivalent to a 20% increase in slider adjustment.

• Level 2 - Switch to Comfort Mode via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. Then you must return to Sport or Sport + mode to hear the changes. This level will be equivalent to a 40% increase in slider adjustment.

• Level 3 - Switch to Sport Mode via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. The changes should be heard immediately, given that you are already in Sport Mode, where burbles are active.
This level will be equivalent to a 70% increase in slider adjustment.

• Burble OFF - Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds. Burbles will now be fully deactivated.

• Default Mode – To switch back to your stock/default settings (depending on your slider positions) you must simply hold the ESP button until it is fully deactivated then push the MSA button twice within 2.5 seconds.

Stay tuned for more!

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-11-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 3
Brett530208.00
bmc34016.50
Jayf30633.00
      06-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #2
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

*Reserved*
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Jarek@JRAuto Dude...this is badass! Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I find the burbles annoying as shat. I ended up just flashing them full off last night, and today's drive was the most enjoyable ever. #saveyourturbo #saveyourcats #saveyoursanity
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #5
bmw22915
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I'm going to get flamed for this, but I find the burbles annoying as shat. I ended up just flashing them full off last night, and today's drive was the most enjoyable ever. #saveyourturbo #saveyourcats #saveyoursanity
To each their own lol. I leave my burbles very short. IRRC, it's at 1 sec or less. Anything more just sounds cheesy
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
No flamage here. To each their own. I flashed some burbles today after watching vid. Don't want it all the time. Like the on the fly capability for those times you're feeling burbly (new word?).
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
itsglen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMWs

while i like the burble I've been around long enough to know it's a fad, it's starting to jump the shark and will soon go the way of the whistle tip. R.I.P. whistle tip.

When I hear, on a daily basis, everything from civics to bmw's to jaguars going pop bang fizz - I know it's time to look for something else.

Tha whistles go WOOO

Last edited by itsglen; 06-28-2019 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wires1644.00
      06-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #8
WolfGTI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
Awesome - I like sport and sport+ but don't like the burbling all the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #9
MikkelPHL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M-Sport (ZF/LCI)

Sold... soon as they develop an app for iOS:/
Appreciate 0