F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Aftermarket Backup Cameras
Extreme Powerhouse

05-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
Osmann
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

hi.

I'm Osman and I own a F30 (2012) Im New to the forum.

I've been reading a lot about backup cameras, I've seen install posts and some other post but I couldn't find the answers to the questions I have.

I want to install a Backup camera in combination with an Android 10.25 Screen.

I'm planning to buy them both on AliExpress.

I'm looking for a camera with decent quality which is integrable in my NBT system.

- I want the guidelines to be dynamic and as OEM as possible.
- I want the camera to turn on automatically when I put the car in Reverse.
- I want the camera to turn on immediately (also the Guidelines have to be on as fast as I put the car in park)
- I want the camera to shut off when I put the car in Park.
also it would be nice to have guidelines that are adjustable.
- I want the camera to be able to show in full screen

i have a camera installed now but I am not happy with it.
the camera comes on pretty quick but the guidelines have to think about showing up sometimes. it takes about 2--3 seconds for the lines to show.

help would be appreciated and if you have experience with a certain type of camera let me know!

Thanks,

Osman
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

All your criteria are possible except the last one. There is no point in fullscreen because the signal you get from the camera will be stretched and distorted.

Dynamic guidlines are supplied by the Android unit, so buy a camera without guidlines.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #3
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
All your criteria are possible except the last one. There is no point in fullscreen because the signal you get from the camera will be stretched and distorted.

Dynamic guidlines are supplied by the Android unit, so buy a camera without guidlines.
There are also backup cameras that support switching guidelines on or off, by cutting a white wire. This could also work well for him.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 11:27 PM   #4
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

OP, what did you end up buying? In a similar place - looking for the best camera with my Andream MMI unit, and there are hundreds of similar looking products on Ali Express with no way to know which has the best quality (or if claims about resolution/"HD" hold any water when the signal is just going over composite video anyway).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
phabmasta
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
OP, what did you end up buying? In a similar place - looking for the best camera with my Andream MMI unit, and there are hundreds of similar looking products on Ali Express with no way to know which has the best quality (or if claims about resolution/"HD" hold any water when the signal is just going over composite video anyway).
Quote:
I know the post is old, but chambo what did you go with? I'm holding off on Andream box install until I get the camera. mostly worried about fit&finish, water leaks.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #6
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabmasta View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I know the post is old, but chambo what did you go with? I'm holding off on Andream box install until I get the camera. mostly worried about fit&finish, water leaks.
i went through amazon for my rear camera - it's a perfect oem fit for my f48.

it's not hd since it's just rca connector but could not be any happier how it integrates with the mmi box.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GXPD56R...PK5G6ESPR9BDCN
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 07:44 AM   #7
phabmasta
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homersbud View Post
i went through amazon for my rear camera - it's a perfect oem fit for my f48.

it's not hd since it's just rca connector but could not be any happier how it integrates with the mmi box.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GXPD56R...PK5G6ESPR9BDCN
Much appreciated thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #8
meerkat95
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 SERIES 116D SPORTS 2014

Quote:
did u managed to fit or buy a backup camera?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #9
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

I ended up going with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had ordered an AliExpress one first but it was impossible to disable the static reverse lines and the quality was also worse.

I now have a different car with the OEM camera which is much better But this Amazon one is not bad and does the job.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 03:47 PM   #10
illlbilll
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i F30

Any options for Front camera?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 07:51 AM   #11
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by illlbilll View Post
Any options for Front camera?
My Roadtop MMI has front camera option. I have installed my front camera, just haven't connect the wire. Andream MMI should have as well. Aliexpress has alot of front cameras.
Appreciate 0