F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > ** HELP! Tyre Pressure Warning non TPMS **
GetBMWParts

12-28-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
k8dave
Rep
Drives: F31 330D

Angry ** HELP! Tyre Pressure Warning non TPMS **

Evening every one. Before I start, I hope you have all had a great Christmas and getting ready for the new year!

So...

I have a 2014 F32 430D Coupe. 19" wheels (NON TMPS) with run flats.

Driving to the mother-in-laws on Boxing Day , I had a tyre pressure warning flash up on the idrive and dash saying to check all pressures.

After visiting the fire breathing dragon I did just that! First of all I checked all four tyres with a digital tyre gauge and they were 1 or 2 psi out but nothing drastic. I then went to tesco and pumped all four up to 2.6 bar as stated on the tyre pressure chart on the drivers door slam. All good. I jump in the car and go to do the tyre pressure reset but the car isn't allowing me to do so. The button isn't highlighted so I cannot select it...

I decided to leave it over night and see if the tyre pressures fell at all but each one was still at 2.6 bar when I checked this morning.
I again checked to see if I'm allowed to perform the reset after it had been stood for the night, but no joy! I have done a few google and forum searches and saw some people had gone for a drive and the light turned off after doing a few miles so I did just that, still no joy.

Now I get my Carly adapter out and these were the results...

Looking at all of that, and not getting a definitive answer (I was hoping it would point me to a wheel speed sensor), I whip out INSTA+

Still non the wiser I loaded up the DSC control unit functions a got some live data from each wheel speed sensor and they are all working showing the same readings so now im stumped!

I cleared all faults, reset the dsc module and I am still unable to reset the tyre pressures. Iv jacked the car up on all four corners and checked for bearing, rim & tyres issues but all look and feel fine. Im not sure where to go next?!

Has anybody had any similar issues and can shed some light?

Thankyou for in advance!

Last edited by k8dave; 12-28-2019 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
k8dave
Rep

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:12 AM   #3
zeikei
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Different car but somewhat similar symptoms:

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1244818
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
k8dave
Rep

Thanks for your help zeikei, but after a lot a playing about with Carly & Ista+ with no joy I decided to give Bimmercode a whirl and code out all RCD & RPA settings in the HU_NBT and then reactivating after doing an ignition cycle and all seems to be good now!

Fingers crossed the fault doesn't come back!
Appreciate 0