F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Megxit
GetBMWParts

01-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #45
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
It's fine Broncho, Liverpool isn't part of their realm, they have to draw the line somewhere....
Long live the king.....

Allez allez allez
Appreciate 1
Wills28618.00
      01-18-2020, 06:55 PM   #46
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post
Toruism to see the palaces and estates will still happen without an entitled family.

I see they're dropping their HRH titles and paying back £2.4m in taxpayers money for renovations to their house, a step in the right direction IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rop-hrh-titles
Ah, so tourists will come to see the building not the institution. Can you tell me which marketing fact sheet you got that from...?

I would respectfully disagree having seen the questions we are asked (as a central London hotel business)
No doubt you're in a far better position to comment on this than I am, as a layman, people tend to go to tourist destinations whether the institutions exist or not, they'd become more like historic sites, something of a bygone era.

On an aside, the fact that this is being framed as Megxit is telling, suggests Harry has had no say or has no thoughts on this.

The best thing that will happen for them is that we'll rarely hear about them going forward.
      01-18-2020, 09:49 PM   #47
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post

On an aside, the fact that this is being framed as Megxit is telling, suggests Harry has had no say or has no thoughts on this.

\
Megxit is a convenient label dreamed up by the media or some comedian. Unless long range mind reading is a thing now, none of them know the real truth about the Sussex household.

That said, none of us need to be mind readers to know that Harry has had an iffy relationship with the media for some time. Earl Spencer's comments regarding William and Harry walking behind Diana's coffin are telling (Google them) and I suspect that Harry remembered how he was forced into that piece of theatre. It has also been said since that he has largely fallen out with his brother, and as far as the succession is concerned he is a non-player. So, why not become a full non-player in the royalty game?
Appreciate 1
Wills28618.00