F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > LED headlights won't turn off. Any solution?
ARMA SPEED

01-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #1
e92-to-f30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive m sport

LED headlights won't turn off. Any solution?

Has anyone had an issue with your headlights being stuck "on" when it's on the "off" position? I went through the whole set of switch positions but my LED headlights will not turn off at all. It's normally on auto, but they are stuck on with every setting.

This just started after I was trying to put the fog lights on and noticed they weren't coming on.

Anyone have any ideas on what's wrong?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure its the headlights and not the daytime running lights setting in idrive?

Also, staying on while the car is off/locked, or on while the ignition is on but switch is in off position?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #3
e92-to-f30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
This might be a dumb question, but are you sure its the headlights and not the daytime running lights setting in idrive?

Also, staying on while the car is off/locked, or on while the ignition is on but switch is in off position?
Yep, just double checked everything in iDrive. Thankfully, the lights turn off while off/locked. BUT, the headlights are on in auxiliary power and I now see & hear that they are making a VERY odd high pitched noise under the hood... now it's showing I'm having battery drain.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 04:11 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92-to-f30 View Post
Yep, just double checked everything in iDrive. Thankfully, the lights turn off while off/locked. BUT, the headlights are on in auxiliary power and I now see & hear that they are making a VERY odd high pitched noise under the hood... now it's showing I'm having battery drain.
I would try to trace the noise. Could be a wiring/relay issue. My car doesnt have foglights so i can't help there.
Appreciate 0