F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Extreme Powerhouse

06-24-2019, 11:04 AM   #2751
Erajat
Rep
Drives: BMW e70 X5 2011

Please help. Anyone with the similar issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #2752
MrChang
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 M-Sport MG 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erajat View Post
Please help. Anyone with the similar issue?
Have you tried lowering the volume on the unit? My ugode unit had terrible sound until I changed the volume.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #2753
Erajat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChang View Post
Have you tried lowering the volume on the unit? My ugode unit had terrible sound until I changed the volume.
Thank u for reaching out.
I've tried the same. Could you confirm if this is the screen where you changed the volume? I went to the Settings "system function settings" - > Audio and dropped the medial and the call volume to 1. Still having the same issue? Should I be going to a different screen?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #2754
Erajat
Rep

Quote:
Thank u for reaching out.
I've tried the same. Could you confirm if this is the screen where you changed the volume? I went to the Settings "system function settings" - > Audio and dropped the medial and the call volume to 1. Still having the same issue? Should I be going to a different screen?
I also went into "Settings" inside settings and scrolled down to "Device" - > " Sound" and dropped the volume over there for "music,video, games and other media".

This seems to help somewhat. Is there another place that I should check.?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #2755
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

4.4.2 The hotspot connection on my gen2 device is constantly breaking. I don't know if this is caused by the device or the phone. Has anyone been having such a problem?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 05:46 PM   #2756
Erajat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsec View Post
4.4.2 The hotspot connection on my gen2 device is constantly breaking. I don't know if this is caused by the device or the phone. Has anyone been having such a problem?
I tried hotspot as well but had the same issue as you so I went ahead with mirroring my phone to the display using app called "easy connect" . Do remember to go to the developer options in your phone and enable USB debugging.

Hope this helps.

I'm having major issues with the sound quality while playing music (tidal) both over Bluetooth and aux connection.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #2757
Erajat
Rep

Quote:
Did lowering the volume completely resolve your issue or is it better but still a little muddy?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #2758
MrChang
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did lowering the volume completely resolve your issue or is it better but still a little muddy?
Quote:
Quote:
I dont remember what exactly I did but I changed volume in 3 locations. You have the AUX volume on the BMW side, then one in the unit acessed from the top bar of display and then one in the unit settings menu. My initial sound was so bad I was thinking of returning the unit. Then I tried all the 3 volume and after some time of testing it got quite good. Some static interference can be heard sometimes but it is really low. And I am not using Bluetooth only AUX in my case.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 04:09 PM   #2759
Erajat
Rep

Quote:
I dont remember what exactly I did but I changed volume in 3 locations. You have the AUX volume on the BMW side, then one in the unit acessed from the top bar of display and then one in the unit settings menu. My initial sound was so bad I was thinking of returning the unit. Then I tried all the 3 volume and after some time of testing it got quite good. Some static interference can be heard sometimes but it is really low. And I am not using Bluetooth only AUX in my case.
Hi, thank u for sharing the information and the snapshot. I tried everything that I could follow but couldn't find the issue. If it's not asking for too much, would it be possible for you to spend 10 mins on the phone with me so I can follow your guidance?

I'm so tired of this screen that I feel like throwing the avin unit in the trash and going back to my old system. Request for a call with you is my only hope before I dump avins system.

Hope it's not very inconvenient for u.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #2760
Erajat
Rep

Quote:
Quick question, I noticed in the installation video that there is an aux cable behind the system that is being routed along the center arm rest area and is plugged into the aux port in the glove box. Do u have it setup like, how are u using the aux port in the glove box? How do u connect your phone for music?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #2761
MrChang
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quick question, I noticed in the installation video that there is an aux cable behind the system that is being routed along the center arm rest area and is plugged into the aux port in the glove box. Do u have it setup like, how are u using the aux port in the glove box? How do u connect your phone for music?
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I am using the AUX cable plugged plugged into armrest. (Some people depending on BMW hardware got sound without using the AUX cable.) Did you move the green optical cable to the new plug? Have you checked that the AUX cable is firmy inserted in both ends?

I have the HK system L7 Entry HU with a separate combox in the trunk. Car is from 2014.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #2762
Andrea91
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 LCI

Question related to backup camera installation.
Hope someone can help me.

EDIT: From what I understood I only need to connect the red whire from the RCA cable to Camera +12 and I don't need anything else to power the camera. Ground comes from the RCA ground and power from the Camera +12.

Last edited by Andrea91; 06-27-2019 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #2763
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea91 View Post

EDIT: From what I understood I only need to connect the red whire from the RCA cable to Camera +12 and I don't need anything else to power the camera. Ground comes from the RCA ground and power from the Camera +12.
Quote:

what type of camera do you have? where did you bought it
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #2764
Ravijordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravijordan View Post
Hi I ordered one from aliexpress a company called carlinke
The dongle at the moment has a lot of disconnections at the moment it's not very stable like when the first wired ones came out but they are bringing out software updates out for so should get better over time
Hello, I have the same wireless carlinkit.

Can you control carplay with idrive with that dongle?

I´m not able to do that. Thanks
Yes I have a bmw f10 and I can control carplay with Idrive.Also CarPlay for me with their June 18th update for the dongle it works really good now.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 11:54 PM   #2765
Andrea91
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
You can see my camera clicking on the link in my first post.
I bought it from Aliexpres
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 12:30 PM   #2766
alex1991
Private
Rep
Drives: E84 2011

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So why do you dont take power somewhere from the back of the car? Then you dont need to run the RCA and power cables to the front of the car.
You just simply take power from back running lights or from the boot 12v if you have. After that you run your RCA cable to front of the car and that is it. In mine and your case you can ignore the red wire next to the RCA cable....
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 12:34 PM   #2767
Tavicu
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
So why do you dont take power somewhere from the back of the car? Then you dont need to run the RCA and power cables to the front of the car.
You just simply take power from back running lights or from the boot 12v if you have. After that you run your RCA cable to front of the car and that is it. In mine and your case you can ignore the red wire next to the RCA cable....
What he wants to say is To take the power from the android unit 12v through the red wire so it will just run the rca cable from back to front.

I also read that it should work but can’t test it since the backup camera did not arrive yet!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #2768
Andrea91
Rep

Quote:
I contacted the seller. He told me to connect the camera to the rear light (red rca cable too) and to connect the other red cable to the pink CAMERA DET wire on the headunit.
After that I only need to select 360 camera in the settings.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 05:56 AM   #2769
antonius2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:

Quote:
This is also how I have my front camera connected: it receives power from a 12-volt plug I have in the trunk (but I think the 12 V can be searched in the fuse box, we also have it in the trunk, if you don't have this plug).
That way, we avoid the need to install another cable from the back of the car to the HU, with the added risk of a short circuit (or a power leak) somewhere in the middle.
The only disadvantage I see is that the camera is always connected, but I hope it will last a long time.

The connection to the taillights, as some people have, is not recommended as this power is not stable because the car sends out a few pulses to check if the lights are working properly.

The front camera I have on the bumper is also receiving external power, in this case from the motor fuse box to avoid another cable from going through the vehicle's firewall.

Last edited by antonius2018; 06-29-2019 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 01:22 AM   #2770
Arkaitz
Rep
Drives: Bmw e82

Could something like this work with our HU to help using idrive wheel into android apps?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ntrol-t3815219
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #2771
notsec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

4.4.2 The hotspot connection on my gen2 device is constantly disconnecting. Is there a usb wifi adapter compatible with gen2?
Appreciate 1
vuthy335103.00
      07-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #2772
antonius2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsec View Post
4.4.2 The hotspot connection on my gen2 device is constantly disconnecting. Is there a usb wifi adapter compatible with gen2?
I use this one since I had a Gen 2 HU (2 years ago) and it works flawless.
Appreciate 1
vuthy335103.00