F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Seeking Expertise for Headlight Upgrade
GetBMWParts

04-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

Seeking Expertise for Headlight Upgrade

Hello all,

I recently purchased a CPO 2016 X3 x28i (f25 LCI M-Sport) for which I'm interested in upgrading halogen headlights to Xenon or LED. I'm posting in this forum because I'm seeking local expertise and the f25 forum isn't big enough to have a regional sub-forum.

BMW Seattle has assured me that this retrofit is not something BMW would offer. In fact they told me it's not possible. Before buying the "impossible" declaration, I'd like to ask the experts here if anyone has the expertise to do it. Of course, there is the installation of the various hardware required, and for that I've received a list from BMWPartsPros (which would seem to indicate that it is in fact possible). But then there's the coding, and based on the incomplete research I've done on the forums so far, it's a pretty intensive coding process when retrofitting any headlight upgrade.

Other retrofits I'm in the process of researching include the various features included in the Driver Assistance Plus package, however first things first: I need to find a local person with the expertise to perform the work of installation and coding.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chad
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Up
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #3
cmpoppy
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi Wagon

Depo install

HID kit pros in town does the DEPO install. You can buy the lights through USR, Keismotorsports, and Bimmian.

I haven't done the conversion myself, but a lot of successful posts.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 09:12 PM   #4
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Unfortunately from what I have been able to find so far, there appears to be no Depo option for the f25. The only aftermarket products I've been able to find are for the bulbs themselves, but no upgrades that include the full housing other than OEM.
Appreciate 0