F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Replica Bumper Help
VIBE Motorsports

07-04-2021, 08:13 AM   #45
alex0607
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
FYI. By a little tight, I don't mean drill a bigger hole. Almost positive 18mm is the correct size. They fit snug.
Hi, Mine is predrilled. I am not going to increased its size. And its snug fit with the rubber gromet. Another thread suggested using soapy water to help with the install.

Will try to wiggle them in.

BTW, I read in the manual (and saw a yotube video) that the pdc holders have to be installed in sequence or according to the position. Like VLI means left and VRI means right. Did you have to do that also? I just randomly fix the PDC holder on the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #46
bigshooter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex0607 View Post
Quote:
FYI. By a little tight, I don't mean drill a bigger hole. Almost positive 18mm is the correct size. They fit snug.
Hi, Mine is predrilled. I am not going to increased its size. And its snug fit with the rubber gromet. Another thread suggested using soapy water to help with the install.

Will try to wiggle them in.

BTW, I read in the manual (and saw a yotube video) that the pdc holders have to be installed in sequence or according to the position. Like VLI means left and VRI means right. Did you have to do that also? I just randomly fix the PDC holder on the bumper.
I'm not familiar with what you mentioned. I just unclipped my pdc sensors and let them hang, still connected to the car. Then I can plugged them into the brackets, lifted the bumper, peeled the adhesive sticker off, and pushed them into their holes one by one. I figured by mounting the brackets with the sensors already on, it forced them to be aligned to the holes correctly. I'm not sure what the VLR stuff means, but I assume that's referring to switching the location of the wires. By that I mean camera 2 can't become camera 4. I have no idea because that's not really possible by the length of the wires.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #47
bigshooter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I realized the other day that my new bumper does not have holes for the headlight washer nozzles. Obviously, preference would be to retain full OEM functionality. I know that I can cut a hole but I have never even used them before. Personally, I think the feature is a bit tacky. If you need to wash your headlights, wash your car…

That being said, I don't want to mess around cutting more holes in the bumper. To delete the headlight washers, I can just mount them and disable in bimmercode app, correct? I don't want them accidentally spraying behind the bumper.

Maybe at some point when I find black headlights, I will cut a hole for them. Does bmw or anyone make a punch for the exact hole dimensions?

I've tried searching on here but I can't find too much. Search functionality is sub-par in the app. Every time I search in the F30 sub-forums, I get results for the E90s, I don't get it…
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #48
alex0607
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm not familiar with what you mentioned. I just unclipped my pdc sensors and let them hang, still connected to the car. Then I can plugged them into the brackets, lifted the bumper, peeled the adhesive sticker off, and pushed them into their holes one by one. I figured by mounting the brackets with the sensors already on, it forced them to be aligned to the holes correctly. I'm not sure what the VLR stuff means, but I assume that's referring to switching the location of the wires. By that I mean camera 2 can't become camera 4. I have no idea because that's not really possible by the length of the wires.
I can confirm after doing some more searches and asking the seller it doesn't have to be specific in terms of how to fix the holder and pdc.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 11:16 AM   #49
alex0607
Private
Rep

Quote:
I realized the other day that my new bumper does not have holes for the headlight washer nozzles. Obviously, preference would be to retain full OEM functionality. I know that I can cut a hole but I have never even used them before. Personally, I think the feature is a bit tacky. If you need to wash your headlights, wash your car…

That being said, I don't want to mess around cutting more holes in the bumper. To delete the headlight washers, I can just mount them and disable in bimmercode app, correct? I don't want them accidentally spraying behind the bumper.

Maybe at some point when I find black headlights, I will cut a hole for them. Does bmw or anyone make a punch for the exact hole dimensions?

I've tried searching on here but I can't find too much. Search functionality is sub-par in the app. Every time I search in the F30 sub-forums, I get results for the E90s, I don't get it…
I don't understand your first line. Do you have the headlight washer in your original bumper? If you have then you know that it is a trapezoidal shape hole on the bumper. Not easy to cut to shape. The bumper I got off a supplier has all the bells and whistle. It has the PDC holes as well. So I had to get a set of front PDC to fit them into the holes. Since this is easily done with Esys coding I guess I might as well add that feature in. However I don't have HL washer so the bumper comes with plastic covers for the hole.
Name:  front-bumper-bmw-f30-f31-look-m3.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  60.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #50
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I realized the other day that my new bumper does not have holes for the headlight washer nozzles. Obviously, preference would be to retain full OEM functionality. I know that I can cut a hole but I have never even used them before. Personally, I think the feature is a bit tacky. If you need to wash your headlights, wash your carů

I've tried searching on here but I can't find too much. Search functionality is sub-par in the app. Every time I search in the F30 sub-forums, I get results for the E90s, I don't get itů
Do you even have headlight washers? I've never met anyone who does. Usually I've only ever seen these bumpers without headlight washes or side reflectors. I think it would be pretty hard to cut them after. You don't have to mount anything, just don't use them if you have them. That's how the fog delete works.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2021, 02:26 PM   #51
bigshooter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:

Do you even have headlight washers? I've never met anyone who does. Usually I've only ever seen these bumpers without headlight washes or side reflectors. I think it would be pretty hard to cut them after. You don't have to mount anything, just don't use them if you have them. That's how the fog delete works.
I do have them. Never even used them so just deleted them.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 03:23 AM   #52
Louis sham
Registered
Rep
Drives: corolla

The Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld allows you to weld just about any kind of plastic you would find on your vehicle. ... This plastic welder is a good choice for welding beginners, as well as, repair pros. It combines versatile welding power with ease of use.
https://bestweldinghelmet.net/best-p...elding-helmet/
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 07:07 AM   #53
alex0607
Private
Rep

Installed my Mperf bodykit minus the side skirts. Installed the CF front lip. I have yet to install my H&R sport plus spring. But looks like I might end up not doing that. Even with standard spring, I am scraping the CF front lips on some incline roads and junctions. Oh well.

As an update, the pdc installed just fine with the new paint coat. No tight fitting issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 10:55 PM   #54
bigshooter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Installed my Mperf bodykit minus the side skirts. Installed the CF front lip. I have yet to install my H&R sport plus spring. But looks like I might end up not doing that. Even with standard spring, I am scraping the CF front lips on some incline roads and junctions. Oh well.

As an update, the pdc installed just fine with the new paint coat. No tight fitting issues.
That fantastic. Any pics?

I wouldn't even bother with springs. I think you will be disappointed or end up buying struts too anyway.
In my opinion, coilovers completely changed the car. My front and rear struts were completely toast at 85k.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #55
bigshooter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis sham View Post
The Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld allows you to weld just about any kind of plastic you would find on your vehicle. ... This plastic welder is a good choice for welding beginners, as well as, repair pros. It combines versatile welding power with ease of use.
https://bestweldinghelmet.net/best-p...elding-helmet/
I have a plastic welder kit exactly like this polyvance one but without the case. I got it from harbor freight and it cost like $18. Came with the welding sticks too.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:16 AM   #56
alex0607
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't even bother with springs. I think you will be disappointed or end up buying struts too anyway.
In my opinion, coilovers completely changed the car. My front and rear struts were completely toast at 85k.
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27790810

I posted the pics in another thread. You can see it here. Ignore the M3 badge. Ppl are sensitive about posers. Haha... I removed it.

You will notice my CF front lip is around 4-5" above the pavement with the standard spring. With the sport spring I will looking at 2.5" minimum. That won't do. I will be scraping the ground all the time. I think the stock spring is abit soft.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #57
bigshooter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27790810

I posted the pics in another thread. You can see it here. Ignore the M3 badge. Ppl are sensitive about posers. Haha... I removed it.

You will notice my CF front lip is around 4-5" above the pavement with the standard spring. With the sport spring I will looking at 2.5" minimum. That won't do. I will be scraping the ground all the time. I think the stock spring is abit soft.
You may scrape but not horribly. You have to drive different and consciously avoid things. Enter sloped driveways on an angle and what not. Regardless of that I would strongly recommend going with coilovers over springs and struts.

I live in the sticks. Roads are very bumpy and hilly. Not maintained well. I haven't hit my lip yet knock on wood and it's like 3" off the ground. The driving performance gain is worth the risk.
Appreciate 1