F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
VIBE Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #23
PA4Series
Private
PA4Series's Avatar
80
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South East Penna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndx6spd View Post
Guys, this isn't like that other thread by guy with 2 German parents.

Who here would argue with your wife over this shit?

Looks nice with the springs. Did your car have adaptive suspension?
Yes it has the M Adaptive suspension. That's why I'm having a Dinan authorized BMW dealer install Shockware as well as the MPPSK.
__________________


2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #24
F30Beemo
New Member
F30Beemo's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW F30 340i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA4Series View Post
Dealership already ordered the MPPSK kit they said nothing about any emissions issue. So I don't think that is a problem in the states at least in PA, not sure about California though. I'm very much looking forward to the install.
You shouldn't have any problems with emissions and or the install. No issues here in California either! Enjoy the MPPSK!
__________________
'16 BSM 340i | MPPSK, 20" 624M Wheels, M Performance Rear Spoiler, M Performance Side Skirts, M Performance CF Mirror Caps, RW Carbon CF Rear Diffuser, RW Carbon CF Front Lip

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/f30_beemo/
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #25
Savageenterprise
Lieutenant
United_States
572
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xdrive
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Out and about

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I love the white seats on that color paint. It just makes it pop that much more....very appropriate on the vert too. Nice ride and congrats!
__________________
"You can't deposit excuses"

2018 340ix 6MT//BSM//Coral Red int//Alum Dark Carbon//19 in 704M double spoke Orbit Grey OEM wheels//CF side mirror caps//CF trunk lid spoiler//Dinan mid pipe res delete//BMS intake//Active Autowerke A8//Gloss Black M style grills//IND BSM Reflectors
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #26
Bigboyrolo
New Member
Bigboyrolo's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW440i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Norwich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael340i View Post
Ignore all the comments about the M badge, my 340i F31 came with 11 M badges on it, calipers, door plates, front wings, steering wheel, road wheels. They were all fitted as standard at the factory to all MSport cars. Apart from the two on the MPPSK exhaust tips. Its your wife's car, she can have whatever she wants on it.

But, more important point, from about July 2018, cars in Europe had a change to the exhaust to install a Petrol Particulate Filter, which means newer cars can't have MPPSK because it would mean removal of the PPF and higher emissions. Don't know if its the same in US?
Just bought a new 440i convertible in Tansanite blue. It was already built, so no chance to spec it, but it had adaptive suspension and most of the other kit I wanted. Thought I should have the digital dials, but not needed with the excellent HUD. Am new to current range, had a 316i and 528i many years ago, so not familiar with acronyms re: BMW, what is MPPSK? All new Porsches have a PPF now as well.
I fitted a new black grille, carbon fibre gear lever trim and surround, wanted cf exhaust tips but it seems I can only get non oem ones, is that right?
FWIW, I wouldn't add an M badge, but are there any matte black 440i badges available?
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1555959802
Attached Images
 
__________________
back to a Beemer, 316 & 528i years ago, after many Mercs, a few Jags & a few Porkas.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #27
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
KwlAznKid's Avatar
272
Rep
3,039
Posts

Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles/Fremont USC/UCSD Alum

iTrader: (6)

car looks great but I gotta agree with the M badge comments, maybe show her this thread?
__________________
BMW E93 M3 / Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500
BMW E64 650I(sold) / BMW E92 328I(sold) / BMW E46 M3(sold) / BMW E92 335I(sold)
Porsche 996 911 C2(sold) / BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #28
PA4Series
Private
PA4Series's Avatar
80
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South East Penna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyrolo View Post
Just bought a new 440i convertible in Tansanite blue. It was already built, so no chance to spec it, but it had adaptive suspension and most of the other kit I wanted. Thought I should have the digital dials, but not needed with the excellent HUD. Am new to current range, had a 316i and 528i many years ago, so not familiar with acronyms re: BMW, what is MPPSK? All new Porsches have a PPF now as well.
I fitted a new black grille, carbon fibre gear lever trim and surround, wanted cf exhaust tips but it seems I can only get non oem ones, is that right?
FWIW, I wouldn't add an M badge, but are there any matte black 440i badges available?
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1555959802
Here is the detail on the MPPSK Kit.
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5...-AND-SOUND-KIT
__________________


2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #29
PA4Series
Private
PA4Series's Avatar
80
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South East Penna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
As for the M-Badge, it stays since my wife likes it, its her car. I've seen at least 3 other BMWs with various pieces of the M-Performance options (Adaptive Suspension, Brake Kit, MPPSK, Wheels, etc) and they have the badge as well somewhere on the car. I've seen new BMWs with the M logo in front of 135i, 340i on the truck sitting in the BMW Lot. Her Wheels had the M logo on them, as did the matte black side sill coverings that the car came with.

While I understand it's not an M4, I don't think we are acting like it's an M4. Clearly, we did not put an M4 badge on the darn thing. The M4 looks completely different with the wider body panels and such.

My wife likes it, and I fully understand the difference between the M4 and 440i with all the M-Performance goodies.
__________________


2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #30
Bigboyrolo
New Member
Bigboyrolo's Avatar
United Kingdom
11
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: BMW440i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Norwich

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA4Series View Post
Here is the detail on the MPPSK Kit.
https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5...-AND-SOUND-KIT
Thanks, good to know such oem kit is available, at least it adds some horses and torks, unlike the Porsche sports exhaust which just adds sound. Not for me though, in our twilight years we prefer the more subdued standard exhaust sound. Could have stretched to an M4, but didn't feel the extra cost was worth it.
__________________
back to a Beemer, 316 & 528i years ago, after many Mercs, a few Jags & a few Porkas.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2019, 07:06 PM   #31
MaxBuck
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 440iX convertible
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Columbus

iTrader: (0)

I think it's a lovely automobile. Couldn't care less about "M" badging, as I pay no attention to badges in any event. Great color combo.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #32
Michael340i
Private First Class
58
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i Touring, Aston Martin
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NW England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyrolo View Post
Ö in our twilight years we prefer the more subdued standard exhaust sound. Could have stretched to an M4, but didn't feel the extra cost was worth it.
I don't know when the twilight years will arrive, but I'm 64 on Friday and MPSSK turns me into a 17 year old every time I get in the car. Panoramic roof open, windows down, foot down, car in Sport and manual gearchanges to get that beautiful 'boom' on a fast upchange, then manually changing down to get the pop-pop-pop on deceleration.

OP, you will love MPPSK, it will complement a convertible perfectly
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #33
Michael340i
Private First Class
58
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i Touring, Aston Martin
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NW England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyrolo View Post
Ö FWIW, I wouldn't add an M badge, ...
But you're from the UK, so won't need any more 'M' badges, you will have at least 10 of them scattered around the car as standard
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #34
TonyBryant
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: Ď19 440i xDrive Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Been meaning to post my 2019 440i convertible too!

I meant to post here a while back but better late than never! Here’s my 2019 440i convertible I bought earlier this year, too. Hope you’re enjoying the car OP!

I almost forgot to mention that my car came with the MPPSK already installed and I’ve really been enjoying it. Coming from a 428i convertible myself, I’m really happy with my 440i with the power and sound kit so I def recommend!
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 2
      06-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #35
F30ZHP
Major
F30ZHP's Avatar
United_States
692
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i ZHP
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBryant View Post
I meant to post here a while back but better late than never! Hereís my 2019 440i convertible I bought earlier this year, too. Hope youíre enjoying the car OP!

I almost forgot to mention that my car came with the MPPSK already installed and Iíve really been enjoying it. Coming from a 428i convertible myself, Iím really happy with my 440i with the power and sound kit so I def recommend!
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
__________________

2018 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP
Previous BMW's:
2012 Le Mans Blue 335i Coupe / 1990 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:31 AM   #36
PA4Series
Private
PA4Series's Avatar
80
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South East Penna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBryant View Post
I meant to post here a while back but better late than never! Hereís my 2019 440i convertible I bought earlier this year, too. Hope youíre enjoying the car OP!

I almost forgot to mention that my car came with the MPPSK already installed and Iíve really been enjoying it. Coming from a 428i convertible myself, Iím really happy with my 440i with the power and sound kit so I def recommend!
TonyBryant,

My wife had the 428 before this, a white one and she loved it, but I kept pushing her that we needed the 6 cylinder. So this time she did that, and she is thrilled with the additional power and the performance. We also did a number of M-Sport additions this time as well. Our main push to upgrade early was that the new convertible would be a soft top. My wife loves the hard top convertible, so we had to upgrade early to get one of the last Hard Top convertibles made.
__________________


2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #37
pkiledj
Private
17
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: '15 335i 6MT xDrive M-Adaptive
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA4Series View Post
Hello all, Below are some pics of my wife's 2019 M performance 440 Convertible. I've been busy doing some mods on it since we picked it up about 2 months ago. She's a fan of the hard top, and came from a 2016 428 Convertible. We wanted to get one of the last hard top convertibles and plan on keeping this for some time. I opted for the 6 cylinder this time since I wanted some more HP, when I have to drive the car.

Mods so far include:
  1. Spacers on all 4 M Sport Wheels to get them to the proper positioning.
  2. Carbon Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Mirror Covers, Grill, along with Carbon M-Performance Side Decals.
  3. ACS Lowering Springs to get rid of the jacked up X-Drive look.
  4. 3m Front and side sill protection and Opticoat Pro

Mods remaining:
  1. BMW Power and Sound KIt.
  2. Carbon Rear Spoiler.

What do you guys think? Mods good, any other suggestions?





How many mm spacers?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #38
Smooth 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Smooth 330i's Avatar
358
Rep
1,685
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (9)

my man tell your wife cars are not there to put lipstick on them ... take those badges off and clean up the rear end it would look much better

if you want status buy Lambo
__________________

TC Kline D/A | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve | Stoptech BBK | M3 Bits | Turner | Braile | Supersprint | Recaro | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | APEX | Ground Control |
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #39
thatBimmerBloke
First Lieutenant
thatBimmerBloke's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

iTrader: (3)

Beautiful car! Congratulations.

Any reason you went with ACS instead of Dinan springs + bump stops? I'm looking into lowering my 435 xDrive but reading mixed reviews, might just go with coilovers.

Also, what tires did it come with? The stock Continental runflats are pretty bad Switch to something better once they wear out.

I installed MPE couple of months back and I'm loving it, it sounds way sportier and I can even hear the burbles inside the cabin which I never heard before. Thought about getting MPPK also but $1700 - $1800 (including install) for 35hp didn't feel right. I was able to install the MPE irrespective of MPPK but I think for you it has to be the whole MPPSK. Nevertheless, you will love the sound of the new exhaust. Here's a video I recorded just days after installing the exhaust, it has gotten better since then, takes about 1k miles to break in.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1607693
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:08 AM   #40
PA4Series
Private
PA4Series's Avatar
80
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South East Penna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkiledj View Post
How many mm spacers?
Spacers are 12.4mm front, 15mm Rear.
__________________


2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #41
PA4Series
Private
PA4Series's Avatar
80
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: South East Penna

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Beautiful car! Congratulations.

Any reason you went with ACS instead of Dinan springs + bump stops? I'm looking into lowering my 435 xDrive but reading mixed reviews, might just go with coilovers.

Also, what tires did it come with? The stock Continental runflats are pretty bad Switch to something better once they wear out.

I installed MPE couple of months back and I'm loving it, it sounds way sportier and I can even hear the burbles inside the cabin which I never heard before. Thought about getting MPPK also but $1700 - $1800 (including install) for 35hp didn't feel right. I was able to install the MPE irrespective of MPPK but I think for you it has to be the whole MPPSK. Nevertheless, you will love the sound of the new exhaust. Here's a video I recorded just days after installing the exhaust, it has gotten better since then, takes about 1k miles to break in.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1607693
Went with the ACS since they were the only ones I was able to find that I could confirm would work with the F33 Convertible. Dinan doesn't list F33 rear springs. I think the fronts are the same as the standard car, but the rears for the Convertible are different spring rates I believe. Well that is the only reason I could find that the were listed different.

I went with the MPPSK since I'd heard that the HP increase of 35 HP was conservative and I believe that is true. I believe the car is easily between 390 and 400 hp now. It's faster than my first F-Pace S which was close to the same weight and made 380 hp and I believe has the same tranny, so physics tells me it's making more than 380 HP. It beat that car off the line and then easily zero to 60.

Not so much a contest with my new F-Pace SVR, but the 440i is no slouch with the MPPSK installed. Sound did get better, we have about 2500 on the MPPSK now.
__________________


2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #42
thatBimmerBloke
First Lieutenant
thatBimmerBloke's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA4Series View Post
Went with the ACS since they were the only ones I was able to find that I could confirm would work with the F33 Convertible. Dinan doesn't list F33 rear springs. I think the fronts are the same as the standard car, but the rears for the Convertible are different spring rates I believe. Well that is the only reason I could find that the were listed different.

I went with the MPPSK since I'd heard that the HP increase of 35 HP was conservative and I believe that is true. I believe the car is easily between 390 and 400 hp now. It's faster than my first F-Pace S which was close to the same weight and made 380 hp and I believe has the same tranny, so physics tells me it's making more than 380 HP. It beat that car off the line and then easily zero to 60.

Not so much a contest with my new F-Pace SVR, but the 440i is no slouch with the MPPSK installed. Sound did get better, we have about 2500 on the MPPSK now.
I believe 440i has 320hp, so you should be at about 355-360 with the power kit, which translates to about 310whp. Was your first F-Pace S RWD? Maybe that's why it lost off the line? Unless you have other performance mods on it?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #43
F30ZHP
Major
F30ZHP's Avatar
United_States
692
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 340i ZHP
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
I believe 440i has 320hp, so you should be at about 355-360 with the power kit, which translates to about 310whp. Was your first F-Pace S RWD? Maybe that's why it lost off the line? Unless you have other performance mods on it?
Someone dynoed MPPSK on 93 octane....Nice results!

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1313152
__________________

2018 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP
Previous BMW's:
2012 Le Mans Blue 335i Coupe / 1990 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 2
      06-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #44
rlmesq
Major
836
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA4Series View Post
Dealership already ordered the MPPSK kit they said nothing about any emissions issue. So I don't think that is a problem in the states at least in PA, not sure about California though. I'm very much looking forward to the install.
My 2018 440i had it port installed on the California coast. It's completely smog legal.

https://bimmerlife.com/2018/08/11/a-...bution-center/
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST