F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F32 Belsee Aftermarket Digital Display
ARMA SPEED

10-04-2022, 08:34 PM   #45
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinniciF32 View Post
nice man thanks for being the test rabbit. Minus the "Stratup" misspelling are there a lot of other misspellings on this unit? I wish the f30 or f32 car animation was available for this unit. But other than those 2 concerns of mine this looks like a nice cosmetic upgrade as I pretty much only drive in sport+.

I guess I would also ask if the fuel gauge is accurate aside from when in Eco Pro mode as mentioned above? because if its not then that could be a problem with doing E-mixes
There are those and a couple of more small "bugs", but nothing too screwy, that can't be fixed by a software update. The fuel gauge situation with Eco Pro mode, that one is still up in the air. Not sure if it just effects the miles to empty, difference with the IDrive screen or the gauge itself. Going to run a complete tank on just Eco Pro, and compare the difference. I know the OEM tank, which corresponds to the IDrive, is correct, just have to see just how far off the cluster will be. Funny, the STARTUP, message isn't always misspelled, that I have noticed, that's why I consider it a software bug, that will be eventually be fixed along with that car animation. I can't lie, it does look good. FYI: they are all over Aliexpress, by different names. Sort of like the MMI box systems. Just do a search of your car plus digital cluster, and several will pop up, just be careful of the "Android" based clusters, apparently there is a bug, and everyone is selling them off, for less than 400.00 Usd.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 07:44 AM   #46
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Forget what I said about cluster not continuous calculations about miles to empty, change that to kinda, it calculates by next fill-up, as opposed to continuous calculations like the OEM cluster. (Confirmed) Pretty much, how you would calculate gas savings is compare how much range to empty increases per next fill-up. IDRIVE screen WILL be overly optimistic...You also no longer get the "steering wheel heating" message on the bottom of the cluster, however the light next to the button remains active...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 07:54 AM   #47
AMG KLR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

Just go OEM. The juice on this isn't worth the squeeze
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 02:14 AM   #48
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Someone has already an update File for this Display ?
Wanna take a look into it

mfg Chri
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 02:04 PM   #49
SeanCrowe
Rep
Drives: X5 Msport F15

Anymore of an update
Thinking to install onto my 2014 F15
Just like the look of this a lot more over the 6WB
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 08:14 PM   #50
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCrowe View Post
Anymore of an update
If you get one, some very specific insights, do NOT throw away or sell your original cluster, you are going to need it to reset ANY codes, and I mean any; even down to the TPMS codes, for low air or missed maintenance. There is currently no way to reset any codes without original cluster. If you do happen to get a code, your original Idrive unit CANNOT be used, while you have a code, no more temporarily canceling code, till the next restart. Why this happens? Idrive screen communicates with original cluster, removing that cluster eliminates connection between the two.

Take a photo of your mileage before replacing cluster. Take a photo proving that you set correct mileage to aftermarket cluster, in case you need proof to the next owner. And in case you are wondering, just putting original cluster in back, will NOT put the new mileage back on the old cluster, even if it's less than approximately 2k miles, it must be coded. If its more than 2k, you run a risk of getting a red tamper image on your original cluster, unless it's coded correctly. If you can deal with the issues, it definitely looks nice. Especially if you have an MMI device, (matches well).
Appreciate 1
Saito1.50
      11-09-2022, 01:55 AM   #51
SeanCrowe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
Quote:
Anymore of an update
If you get one, some very specific insights, do NOT throw away or sell your original cluster, you are going to need it to reset ANY codes, and I mean any; even down to the TPMS codes, for low air or missed maintenance. There is currently no way to reset any codes without original cluster. If you do happen to get a code, your original Idrive unit CANNOT be used, while you have a code, no more temporarily canceling code, till the next restart. Why this happens? Idrive screen communicates with original cluster, removing that cluster eliminates connection between the two.

Take a photo of your mileage before replacing cluster. Take a photo proving that you set correct mileage to aftermarket cluster, in case you need proof to the next owner. And in case you are wondering, just putting original cluster in back, will NOT put the new mileage back on the old cluster, even if it's less than approximately 2k miles, it must be coded. If its more than 2k, you run a risk of getting a red tamper image on your original cluster, unless it's coded correctly. If you can deal with the issues, it definitely looks nice. Especially if you have an MMI device, (matches well).
I will be upgrading my ID4 to ID6 NBT Evo with ATM module
I'm not sure on what May need to happen if we have to reset a code os everything having to be removed and then old cluster added back to remove code and then change over all over again
I'm a bit confused and sounds like a lot of work
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 04:34 AM   #52
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure on what May need to happen if we have to reset a code os everything having to be removed and then old cluster added back to remove code and then change over all over again
Personally, I don't know what will happen with codes, changing from ID4 to ID6 evo, I know just before I put in the MMI device, I switched from a 6.5 inch screen to sn 8.8 screen, but still stayed on I D4, without navigation...Didn't effect my car at all, but changing the cluster WILL...whether you change idrive screen or not, because it severs the connection between the two. Like I said, if you can deal with the issues, although minor, but definitely annoying. It will look great. Plus it would save you about 1k on a 6wb screen...But I WILL stress, there will be issues that CANNOT be addressed with software updates because you are removing a piece of the system...
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 04:42 AM   #53
SeanCrowe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
Quote:
Personally, I don't know what will happen with codes, changing from ID4 to ID6 evo, I know just before I put in the MMI device, I switched from a 6.5 inch screen to sn 8.8 screen, but still stayed on I D4, without navigation...Didn't effect my car at all, but changing the cluster WILL...whether you change idrive screen or not, because it severs the connection between the two. Like I said, if you can deal with the issues, although minor, but definitely annoying. It will look great. Plus it would save you about 1k on a 6wb screen...But I WILL stress, there will be issues that CANNOT be addressed with software updates because you are removing a piece of the system...
Yes I understand
That's the issue cause cost is not much at all for me
2022 is 850 euros installed and 6WB is 1000 installed so only 150 in the difference so it's not the money it's the look of the 2022 I love a lot more over the 6wb but I'm not sure I would like the issues that come with them to be fair and feel this might miss me off after some time

What make and model is yours and is it android?
I have been told there is different models not and most the issues above seems to be ironed out as far as I am been made aware now so im really not sure at the min
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 02:25 PM   #54
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes I understand
That's the issue cause cost is not much at all for me
2022 is 850 euros installed and 6WB is 1000 installed so only 150 in the difference so it's not the money it's the look of the 2022 I love a lot more over the 6wb but I'm not sure I would like the issues that come with them to be fair and feel this might miss me off after some time

What make and model is yours and is it android?
I have been told there is different models not and most the issues above seems to be ironed out as far as I am been made aware now so im really not sure at the min
The better ones are Linux based, but there are android ones too, personally the Linux version seems to have less issues. They are all over Aliexpress, under different names, sort of like the Andream MMI devices, so take your pick, communicate with the seller about the year and options of your car...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 03:18 PM   #55
portimor
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330ix f34

I have a new versión update of this LCD clusters.
Send me a PM and I will share with you.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 05:50 AM   #56
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by portimor View Post
Thanks, but I already removed cluster, it was only a test and I was getting close to that 2000k difference between the original cluster and aftermarket one and I didn't want to risk getting a red tamper dot on the original one. Technically you won't, if you just replace it to clear your code, and don't drive the car until you place aftermarket cluster back in BEFORE you drive the car...but you will be doing that for EVERY code.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 05:33 AM   #57
ben.jongbin
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
What's the difference after update to the newer version?
Do you mind to send me a copy as well?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 08:12 AM   #58
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
I upgraded my cluster to a 2018 F80 M3 one and I love it. My 340i should have came like it from factory. Everything works as it should. No issues and its a huge improvement.
      12-31-2022, 02:08 AM   #59
petruovidiu86
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 335D

i have from sz kianda digital cluster on bmw e90 and it’s ok, need polish on interface for sure. but anyone have the latest firmware updates for this cluster? many thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2022, 03:46 AM   #60
raphi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d, BMW F20 M135i

Quote:
Would you also mind sharing a newer firmware version with me?

I'm curious if someone has the Speed Limit Info (S8THA) option in combination with this cluster working?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 12:27 AM   #61
ALEXding
Rep
Drives: F52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.jongbin View Post
Are you saying about this digital cluster?
Yes. I just install on my f30 recently.
Works like a charm!!!
It's supposed to be made in China and the fuel level display is inaccurate, not a good product.
Appreciate 0