F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Downpipe install
GetBMWParts

09-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
aronky
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328d xDrive M-Sport

Downpipe install

I was looking around online for a dpf delete and ran across a downpipe for n47 bought it and installed it. Didn't do any tunning and as expected the check engine light came on but no limp home mode. It's a bit quicker now. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the DEF fluid. Is there a way to go in and disable it?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2022, 01:33 PM   #2
Daveyvtec
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronky View Post
I was looking around online for a dpf delete and ran across a downpipe for n47 bought it and installed it. Didn't do any tunning and as expected the check engine light came on but no limp home mode. It's a bit quicker now. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the DEF fluid. Is there a way to go in and disable it?
I've been looking at getting a down pipe for my car. Any vids of the sound? My worry is that it's going to leave a big "booooooooo" (like the apes in their passats &#128514 when I change gear or leave off the throttle. I dont want the car to be ridiculously loud either… I'd be interested to hear yours if possible!?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #3
cezar22
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX

You 10000% want to get your ECU tuned. The transmission tune is good but optional, but the ECU tune is absolutely necessary.

If it's LCI you'll need to send the unit off by mail to get unlocked, pre-LCI can be done with a loaner tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyvtec View Post
I've been looking at getting a down pipe for my car. Any vids of the sound? My worry is that it's going to leave a big "booooooooo" (like the apes in their passats ��) when I change gear or leave off the throttle. I dont want the car to be ridiculously loud either… I'd be interested to hear yours if possible!?
The sound on a deleted car is absolutely sublime, if a bit quiet. No drone, no loudness whatsoever. Would be fine to pull up to a fancy black-tie event and valet the car with.

It will, however smell like an old school bus. If you get a cat, it will smell when cold, and if you skip the cat it will smell all the time. Not enough to bug me, but something to keep in mind.
Appreciate 0