F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

04-14-2024, 11:36 AM   #13069
arsenal6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 428xi

Garage List
2015 bmw 428xi  [0.00]
What's the latest software available for EW NBT_04x?
I have the 1.6.16_n installed. Seeing if theres any performance or new features out.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 01:58 PM   #13070
r56jar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltech View Post
What I have:
- MMI - Andream2 , firmware lcbmw2e_n EW_B2_1.6.16_n,
- phone - Xiaomi 13T Hyper OS.
- HU - entrinav.
The connection is wireless, the sound is via Bluetooth. (the phone is WI-FI - android auto, the Bluetooth sound is connected to the HU of the car).I installed a WAZE to try. The sound was perfectly transmitted. All the hints along the route worked.
Thank you very much for the info.
Today I discovered that Waze gives the directions if I am listening to Spotify, while if I use Apple Maps or Google Maps I hear them regardless of the sound source.
I guess it's a firmware problem because I've tried it in another car with a mmi from mr12volt and it works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 04:49 PM   #13071
ToniCipriani
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 N20B0O ZMT 7AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Did you ever find out who sells that? The firmware is nothing I have seen here.
One more weird thing: seller provided the password 8032, but the MMI box never prompted for it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:08 PM   #13072
0taman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Post Need a help

Hi, everybody!

I really need your help. I bought a car with CarPlay already installed. Everything was fine before, but now the device has completely stopped seeing my phone, the Bluetooth icon is displayed, but there is no CarPlay icon and it won't open it. I have done everything as per the instructions several times (connected my phone to my BMW head device via Bluetooth, then connected it to CarPlay via Bluetooth) but no result. Most likely the problem is in the firmware.

I would also like to resolve a problem with the sound: when I connected my phone to CarPlay, it would switch to it from the internal car Bluetooth and the music would stop playing until I manually on the phone to bring playback back through the car Bluetooth again. Is there any way to make the music play on the car Bluetooth and CarPlay at the same time? I'm sure it's the firmware and I'd like to update to the latest version, but I'm afraid of turning my device into a "brick". So I am very much looking forward to your help and advice. I attach a photo of my version (I have NBT).

Thanks in advance!

Name:  Screenshot at Dec 10 00-57-12.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  171.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #13073
lukas11q
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagncola View Post
Did you try:

1. Find a USB flash drive (not an SD card or CD card) no larger than 16GB and format it in FAT32 format
2. Copy the upgrade files ispbooot.BIN to the root directory of the USB flash drive
3. Switch to the CarPlay interface, enter Settings - User Upgrade - Enter the password, and select the second system upgrade ispbooot.BIN to upgrade
I managed to install it, but I still have a problem with the yt app, I select the music video, the start player pops up and after a while fail, do you have any advice?? and airplay doesn't work with iphone 13 pro, only with SE
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #13074
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 (12/2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas11q View Post
I managed to install it, but I still have a problem with the yt app, I select the music video, the start player pops up and after a while fail, do you have any advice?? and airplay doesn't work with iphone 13 pro, only with SE

For my opinion, the youtube app is useless. Airplay could be related,that for your device, the firmware has issues but i donīt know. Get in touch with your reseller to get the last version.

As far as i know the last versions for Andream/RoadTop devices:

Andream 1.6.16R2
Roadtop XX176R2 (XX is the placeholer for the model)
Appreciate 1
fe7565549.50
      Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #13075
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
One more weird thing: seller provided the password 8032, but the MMI box never prompted for it.
That is weird. Wonder if this is some sort of a hacked version. Which could be ok, if they do their own feature improvements (programming).
      Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #13076
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0taman View Post
Hi, everybody!

I really need your help. I bought a car with CarPlay already installed. Everything was fine before, but now the device has completely stopped seeing my phone, the Bluetooth icon is displayed, but there is no CarPlay icon and it won't open it. I have done everything as per the instructions several times (connected my phone to my BMW head device via Bluetooth, then connected it to CarPlay via Bluetooth) but no result. Most likely the problem is in the firmware.

I would also like to resolve a problem with the sound: when I connected my phone to CarPlay, it would switch to it from the internal car Bluetooth and the music would stop playing until I manually on the phone to bring playback back through the car Bluetooth again. Is there any way to make the music play on the car Bluetooth and CarPlay at the same time? I'm sure it's the firmware and I'd like to update to the latest version, but I'm afraid of turning my device into a "brick". So I am very much looking forward to your help and advice. I attach a photo of my version (I have NBT).

Thanks in advance!

Attachment 3434407

Anything you do is at your own risk!

I would first unpair and delete all Bluetooth pairings from the MMI and the car and your phone(s). Then re-pair them all again. Make sure if you use iPhone that under your Bluetooth settings for the CarPLay for device you select "car stereo".

Looks like your unit is: RoadTop B2-Version [1] [NBT] Is your pin code 8032?

You could also try to re-install the 152 code. The first page of this thread should have the file and the information on how to update it properly.

If you are willing to risk on your own to try to update to the latest firmware version 176, and you are sure it's a Road Top NBT then use the ISPBOOT.bin file (do not use GEMINI.bin) from here:

https://mega.nz/file/h95hiBbY#eumC9o...mlrgGyOlxYigcs

The car should be running during the update, or at least with ignition ON without a chance of the HU/car going to sleep (turn headlight-switch to "parking" and buckle in seat belt). It may take 2-3 minutes. Do not interrupt, better to wait a few minutes more than to take a chance. It may take a couple of tries. But since you are going from a very old 152 version to 176, there are some increased risks. Also, your MCU version may need to be updated, but best not to mess with that at the same time as the CUST Version.

Again, do it at your own risk! I had my MMI once near bricked when I did this same upgrade and was lucky to have it worked on the second try.

The bonus with the 176 firmware is that you will have an option to use full Bluetooth audio instead of AUX-IN. Read the posts about that in this forum.

Last edited by fe7565; Today at 12:07 AM..
Appreciate 0